• I'd have prefered a commercial sponsor, but this is a great alternative
    • Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i asked the fella that first said we were playing East Bengal if the match had anything to do with sponsorships he replied:

rupayanb rupayan bhattacharya

@

@BlackburnRavers Blackburn directly gave a letter to UB group chairman Vijay Mallya to play against their team Kingfisher East Bengal. So there could be contract btn Kingfisher and #Blackburn

Is that per annum?

Yep - we got £1.7m ish off Crown, so you can see they are after much more cash....The betting sponsor would have beaten the Crown Offer, and it wasnt the one that eventually took West Brom.

Am I right in thinking it was not a purely financial decision not to have a betting company as our sponsor?

Personally I would have seized the moment and started looking for sponsors as soon as the club was taken over. I think, generally, Venky's have plans for the club however perhaps don't have the personnel to make them reality. Presumably, one of Paul Hunt's roles is to help complete a suitable sponsorship deal along with a host of addtional commercial activities which will help generate income (there have been talks going on for the past couple of months with sponsors however uncertainty over our league status did not help apparently).

Am I right in thinking it was not a purely financial decision not to have a betting company as our sponsor?

Presumably, one of Paul Hunt's roles is to help complete a suitable sponsorship deal

Yes you are right

And im not so sure about the 2nd point, the original betting one came via the club - the owners didnt like it

I have to admit this is turning into a mess & it is easy to see why a lot of our transfer targets have turned us down new kit yet to be released no sponsor why would anyone want to sign for a club in a mess I just hope this week they announce a sponsor or at the very least before the hong kong tournament.

• Backroom

Come off it, I'm sure no professional footballer is going to turn Rovers down because we don't have a sponsor.

I did hear a few turned us down in january because we don't have those Audi seats in the dugout though :P

Come off it, I'm sure no professional footballer is going to turn Rovers down because we don't have a sponsor.

I did hear a few turned us down in january because we don't have those Audi seats in the dugout though :P

To be fair Tom, although I agree it would be very fickle of a player not to sign due to lack of sponsor, that is just one symptom of the current issues at the club. Coupled with lack of shirts it's also the most factual evidence.

If we can't attract a sponsor, or are being unreasonable about the finances, then the same could be said about players.

I had a dream last night that the new shirts had "Coors" splashed across the shirt in green. Woke up in a panic. Good news was that J Jones was wearing it!

I had a dream that it was somecompany called hsci

I feel like a part-time supporter for not dreaming about our new sponsor last night now!

I feel sorry for the people dreaming about it, I had a good night with Jessica Alba. With all of the hysteria going on in the transfer thread this sponsor could be our transfer budget but i just hope it looks good on the kit.

I feel sorry for the people dreaming about it, I had a good night with Jessica Alba. With all of the hysteria going on in the transfer thread this sponsor could be our transfer budget but i just hope it looks good on the kit.

Im just hoping we don't get the Burnley Trolls on telling us about their dreams. I mean dreaming about Jessica Alba and shirt sponsorship is one thing but I don't want to hear about farmyard and sibling loving.

Can't we just put Jessica Alba on the front?

I'd pay her to let us do that thumbs-up.gif

what's your secret, pick??? I could do w/ a Jessica Alba or Jessica Beal dream!

I'm more of a Natalie Portman fella.

Archived