• Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Perhaps just for India & Hong Kong games???

I'd imagine so, makes perfect sense for them, plus it looks great on the kit.

Isn't that Robinson's last season shirt?

• Backroom

Maybe it's just either an advert for India promoting Venkys and Rovers in an attempt to get some brand recognition or promoting the Indian 'tour'

Surely most people would buy the shirt no matter what sponsor it is? After all its Blackburn rovers you support, not the sponsor. I no I buy a shirt every year but maybe that's just me, each to their own I suppose

I think quiet a few people refused to by the last home shirt due to the cheap looking sponsor sticker. For me it makes zero sense for Venky's to sponsor the shirt, if they wanted to do that they could easily do that with out buying the whole club. Why do they want to advertise their own idiotic way they run the club?

I think quiet a few people refused to by the last home shirt due to the cheap looking sponsor sticker. For me it makes zero sense for Venky's to sponsor the shirt, if they wanted to do that they could easily do that with out buying the whole club. Why do they want to advertise their own idiotic way they run the club?

Yer but as people have said this might only be for the Asia tour while we sort out another sponsor. But you'd think they would have the other sponsor sorted, and why do they need to advertise venkys in Asia when they're already a big company there. There main issue should be advertising brfcs in Asia not venkys. Seems like they're putting venkys first no matter what

Yer but as people have said this might only be for the Asia tour while we sort out another sponsor. But you'd think they would have the other sponsor sorted, and why do they need to advertise venkys in Asia when they're already a big company there. There main issue should be advertising brfcs in Asia not venkys. Seems like they're putting venkys first no matter what

If things were moving smoothly I don't think many people would mind. Are Rovers as a club in a better way than they were this time last season NO!

Surely most people would buy the shirt no matter what sponsor it is? After all its Blackburn rovers you support, not the sponsor. I no I buy a shirt every year but maybe that's just me, each to their own I suppose

I don't buy replica kit but if I did I would not buy one with any name associated with Venky's on it.

The only money I will be spending at Ewood this season will be for tickets. No programme, no concourse purchases, not a single penny more than the cost of the ST will go Venky's way from my pocket.

isn't it against F.A rules for the owners of a club to sponsor there own teams shirts?

If not then it should be

Maybe they got permission if it is illegal. After all these are friendly matches. Anyway what is the difference is advertising on a shirt or around the stadium advert boards - its still self promotion. Cannot see it being illegal myself.

If the club is being sold, maybe they have been asked to hold back on a sponsor - as the new owners may have somebody else in mind.

I said it a few months ago that it will end up being Venkys.

Not a good sign after all the talk about MNC's or international brands or even huge Indian companies with worldwide ambitions. This was the easiest way to raise "revenue"/sponsorship and for me its been a failure.

You can go on and believe all the hype that some huge companies were presented to Venkys who rejected them.

The whole delay in announcing the sponsor is a signal to the otherwise.

I would not buy the shirt with Venky's branding all over it that's for sure - and that's coming from somebody who usually buys one kit per season.

Same here. Although x4 shirts of various sizes will remain on hangers in the club shop.

Poll time?

Wouldnt want to buy your team colours and wear them with pride because its got our OWNERS name on it??

Seriously have a word....this club has been here since 1875 and will be here much longer than Venkys or any of us....You wear your colours with pride no matter what!

Wouldnt want to buy your team colours and wear them with pride because its got our OWNERS name on it??

Seriously have a word....this club has been here since 1875 and will be here much longer than Venkys or any of us....You wear your colours with pride no matter what!

I'll be wearing my colours Hughesy. Crown Paints will be pleased.

Archived