• I'd have prefered a commercial sponsor, but this is a great alternative
    • Simply don't care
    • Waste a valuable income
    • No objection to charity, do object to the Princes Trust
    • Other (Please Explain)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ironic aspect of all this is that they are using people that noone has heard of in India to promote a brand that only exists out there.

It's crazy. It is the equivalent of a British company using C string Bollywood actors to promote their products.

I can hardly see a £45 a year Indian Marketstall holder watching the advert and shouting:

"Jason Roberts eats at Venkys! I must take the family!"

The advert does not promote Blackburn Rovers and the advert does not promote Venkys in a successful manner.

It's a good job their Father had some brains...

Some of the criticism of the Rao's and Venkys is deserved, but this is simply ridiculous. It's just a bit of harmless fun and is probably good for both their brand and Blackburn Rovers in India. People may not know who Jason Roberts and David Dunn are, but they will still recognise that it is a professional sports team and there is a very good chance that it may increase brand awareness for Blackburn Rovers in India. Worst case scenario it does nothing and it will do nothing to harm their business or ours. A few rival supporters may poke fun, but this sky-is-falling attitude every time something happens is simply idiotic.

You've flip-flopped on about four occasions now and have gone from being the biggest supporter of the Rao family to a sworn enemy out to fight the man and bring down the system. Maybe the best idea would be to be slightly less reactionary and just see how things play out.

...it's like having a conversation with a love-struck teenage girl.

Some of the criticism of the Rao's and Venkys is deserved, but this is simply ridiculous. It's just a bit of harmless fun and is probably good for both their brand and Blackburn Rovers in India. People may not know who Jason Roberts and David Dunn are, but they will still recognise that it is a professional sports team and there is a very good chance that it may increase brand awareness for Blackburn Rovers in India. Worst case scenario it does nothing and it will do nothing to harm their business or ours. A few rival supporters may poke fun, but this sky-is-falling attitude every time something happens is simply idiotic.

You've flip-flopped on about four occasions now and have gone from being the biggest supporter of the Rao family to a sworn enemy out to fight the man and bring down the system. Maybe the best idea would be to be slightly less reactionary and just see how things play out.

...it's like having a conversation with a love-struck teenage girl.

In other words, reminiscent of talking to a group of people who are naive, gullible and totally out of their depth in the real world. Welcome to dealing with Venkys.

There were many problems when they first took over but then the ambition they showed sucked me in, I was fooled by them, on numerous occasions.

As I am confident I now understand the full situation, there is no way in hell they will ever have my support.

In other words, reminiscent of talking to a group of people who are naive, gullible and totally out of their depth in the real world. Welcome to dealing with Venkys.

There were many problems when they first took over but then the ambition they showed sucked me in, I was fooled by them, on numerous occasions.

As I am confident I now understand the full situation, there is no way in hell they will ever have my support.

My only question is. If things are as bad as "the people in the know" why is Niko not writing about it, why are the LET not chasing this as its an excellent story.

Well I'm glad that we can all be sure that this time, this time, you have it all down. You don't think that it might be worth just being less reactionary? If you could be 'fooled' before....

This isn't me saying that I have their full support, but it gets a bit boring seeing the same group of 'in-the-know' posters coming on one week telling us that everything is amazing and that big plans are in place and then the next week saying that everything is going to hell and that we are up the proverbial creek.

I personally think we already have a sponsor lined up, but Venkys wont announce this until after the Asia tour as they see advertising there company out there as big for them, I know someone like bpf will knock this and try and find a negative side to this like they always do so I will come back later to see his depressing reply

it could also mean that if we don't reach an agreement with anyone in the next 2 weeks then we will go with the Venkys option on the shirts. Just my interpretation of it though.

That could well be what is meant by "including reputed companies in India."

owners are not allow to sponsor their own team, so Venky's can't sponsor us.

they are sponsoring us in India and PLAT but can't in the premier league.

Is this definite Chaddy, never heard that before.

Surely any sponsor we currently would have lined up would want to have their name on the shirts during an EPL tournament?

It sounds to me that they have a few options lined up and are waiting to the very last minute to seal a deal incase anything better would happen to pop up.

I'm now hoping for News International :lol:

There could also be the possibility that with all the speculation about a potential bidder that the prospective new owner may have a sponsor already lined up.

I reiterate that is only a speculative suggestion for discussion.

It seems to me that with such a short statement with no one in authority attached to it it is a pander to the sort of questions posed by supporters who have quite rightly written into the ciub and voiced their concerns.

There could also be the possibility that with all the speculation about a potential bidder that the prospective new owner may have a sponsor already lined up.

I reiterate that is only a speculative suggestion for discussion.

It seems to me that with such a short statement with no one in authority attached to it it is a pander to the sort of questions posed by supporters who have quite rightly written into the ciub and voiced their concerns.

Same way you were fooled by Syed.

Starting to take most of what you say with a few pinches of salt....

Bpf u literally are the most depressing person on the message board. When were these occasions you have been fooled? When did venkys group say hi bpf we are going to do this and then do the opposite? A sponsor will be found soon enough.

Of course not. He's just making it up while he writes.

But the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules will prevent clubs from making sponsorship deals with their owners that are more than what the "market value" would be - just to stop the likes of Roman putting "ROMAN" to the chest of the Chelsea shirt for £100M/yr.

owners are not allow to sponsor their own team, so Venky's can't sponsor us.

they are sponsoring us in India and PLAT but can't in the premier league.

Well would Etihad not be conflict of interest with Manchester City.

What's the betting that the 'couple of weeks' passes with no sponsor announced. Too many previous promises of action in a 'couple of weeks' have failed to materialise already.

i think it is true but not sure

Why did the walker's company flybe not sponsor rovers.

or Roman's company sponsor cheslea

or any other pl team get sponsor by their owners.

i think we will end up with A India bank or company or far east company

i think it is true but not sure

Why did the walker's company flybe not sponsor rovers.

or Roman's company sponsor cheslea

or any other pl team get sponsor by their owners.

i think we will end up with A India bank or company or far east company

Because the all wanted some income and there were other companies wanting to sponsor the shirts.

It does make some sense for Venkys to sponsor us though but, IMO, it needs us to bring in a significant South America player to wear it and sell bucket loads of shirts in their home country. Trouble is they appear to be trying to do that on the cheap. So it'll either pay of twice or not at all.

Because the all wanted some income and there were other companies wanting to sponsor the shirts.

It does make some sense for Venkys to sponsor us though but, IMO, it needs us to bring in a significant South America player to wear it and sell bucket loads of shirts in their home country. Trouble is they appear to be trying to do that on the cheap. So it'll either pay of twice or not at all.

Perhaps they are negotiating with MacDonalds, the big M on the shirt..........or the clown! :lol:

Archived