BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Quiz Questions

Howdy All

I've been tasked with writing a football quiz for my local footy team as a bit of a fundraiser.

I'm currently scouring the Internet for strange facts and figures to get some questions togather.

Has anyone out there done anythign similar or know any strange facts and figures that would make good quiz questions.

Or simply any good questions they have heard.

Please share.

many thanks

Ricky

Howdy All

I've been tasked with writing a football quiz for my local footy team as a bit of a fundraiser.

I'm currently scouring the Internet for strange facts and figures to get some questions togather.

Has anyone out there done anythign similar or know any strange facts and figures that would make good quiz questions.

Or simply any good questions they have heard.

Please share.

many thanks

Ricky

Name three post war Manchester United players with a flower in their name???

This is a trick one, Jackie Blanchflower, Dennis Violet and wait foor it Ted McDougal!! (Mcdougals flour)

The first scottish footballer to be crowned European footbaler of the year - Denis Law

Who won the FA Cup and never scored?? Huddersfield Town - had a player called Charlie Never

Name two Managers to have won the top division in England with two different clubs (Dalglish L/pool & Rovers - Clough - Derby and Notts forest

There are the standard ones;

Q: Which player has scored hat-tricks in the Premier League, Divisions 1, 2 & 3, the FA Cup, League Cup and an International fixture?

A: Robert Earnshaw

Q: Which player has played in the Premier League, Divisions 1, 2 & 3, the Conference, Champions League, UEFA Cup and World Cup?

A: Steve Finnan

Q: Which player has won a Champions League medal, UEFA Cup medal, Premier League medal, FA Cup medal and Olympic Gold Medal?

A: Nwankwo Kanu

Golden Oldie...

In the FACup what similar thing happened to Sunderland in 1979 and then to Villa in 1981..

These PLAYERS Scored the winner in the Final

The version I always heard was a bit different;

Sunderland did it in 1979, Villa did it in 1981. Who did it in 1980?

A: Trevor Brooking

Who was the first player to win both the World Cup and the European Cup as a player? - Bobby Charlton

What was true of only Saudi Arabia, Spain, England and Japan at the '98 World Cup Finals? - Every player in the squad played in their own domestic leagues.

Cheers guys, good list there bacup. Noticed a few of those are wrong now (mentions David James as playing in every prem season) guess the questions are a few seasons old now. Some of the more historical questions are great though and just what I'm looking for.

Cheers guys, good list there bacup. Noticed a few of those are wrong now (mentions David James as playing in every prem season) guess the questions are a few seasons old now. Some of the more historical questions are great though and just what I'm looking for.

More of the same on here

Or you could rely on mine:

Q: Why arent Burnley allowed to play Champions League football?

A: Because their s##t

Name two Managers to have won the top division in England with two different clubs (Dalglish L/pool & Rovers - Clough - Derby and Notts forest

Add Herbert Chapman who did the same with Huddersfield Town and Arsenal

Herbert Chapman

Which English football league club has a name that doesn't contain a letter that can't be "filled in" (a b d e g o p q)

Hull City

Which English league club's name contains a letter that none other does

Queens Park Rangers - the "Q"

Which English & Scottish league club's name contains a letter that none other does

St Johnstone - the "J" (Queen Of The South doubles the "Q")

Two English clubs that are not named after names of locations - Arsenal & Port Vale

• Backroom

Some riddles with answers (hope they are right)

1) P s 77 g for B - Pele scored 77 goals for Brazi

2) 1921 - J R b P of F - 1921: Jules Rimet becomes President of FIFA

3) 53 n a in U - 53 national associations in UEFA

4) 5400 s in 90 m - 5400 seconds in 90 minutes

5) 32 p on the 1970 A T W C f - 32 panels on the 1970 Adidas Telestar World Cup football

6) 130 y: m l of a f p - 130 yards: makes lap of a football pitch

7) 108 s in the t f for E - 108 seasons in the top flight for Everton

8) 1005 c l a by P S - 1005 career league appearances by Peter Shilton

Not to be nit picking but Nobby Styles also won the world and cup European cup at the same time.

Also I think it should be Charlton not Arsenal as one of the two clubs as originally they were called Woolwich Arsenal.

Which English club does not have to wear a change of strip away from home?

A PNE in recognition of their unbeaten record in the first season of the league

Not to be nit picking but Nobby Styles also won the world and cup European cup at the same time.

Also I think it should be Charlton not Arsenal as one of the two clubs as originally they were called Woolwich Arsenal.

Which English club does not have to wear a change of strip away from home?

A PNE in recognition of their unbeaten record in the first season of the league

You're wrong according to this:

NOW YOU CAN PUT YOUR SHIRT ON IT

Last week, we chopped down the tall tale that Notts County don't have to wear an away kit because they were the first team in the football league, before stuffing it into a large bag marked "completely untrue". But that hasn't stopped some of you from claiming that this special dispensation refers to other league clubs.

"It's actually Preston North End who aren't required to wear away strips by virtue of them being the first double winners," ventures Henke Larsson., while Mad Dan Eccles reckons: "Reading don't have to because of being in Royal Berkshire (or something like that)."

Well, you're both wrong. John Booth, the Preston press officer, says: "It's a load of rubbish. We're governed by the same Football League rulebook as everyone else." While his counterpart at Reading, Craig Mortimer, says much the same thing. "I've heard of this before, but while I haven't spoken to the Football League about it, I doubt very much whether they'd allow us to play all our matches in our home kit." So now you know.

Here's a question for you lot. I'll reveal the answer in a day or two's time.

Question: Who was the last footballer to score at Liverpool's Kop End before it was replaced from standing to all seater? (No googling please!)

Mark Hughes

Steve Archibald

Patrik Andersson

Ruben Rochina (did he play for Barca?)

Richard Witschge was the other - Rochina didnt play for Barcas 1st team as far as I know.

Name the English teams with the Northernmost, Southernmost, Easternmost and Westernmost grounds.

Northernmost - Berwick

Westernmost & Southernmost- Plymouth

Easternmost - Ipswich?

Archived