BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reasons for Optimism

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they patheic? How do you know what people are like on a matchday? If people want to moan and groan, or if people want to say we are on the up on here, they are entitled. The pub before Morceambe was full of folk abusing Kean, Venky's, you name it, they all got behind the side on the ground though.

Why post the same views on umpteen different threads day after day? This thread is about things to be positive about. If you don't have any, then post in the numerous other threads devoted to how crap things are.

What a pathetic set of responses from the usual suspects. Do you like to go up and down the line at Santa's Grotto telling 6 year olds he isn't real?

I've looked forwards to 43 seasons now, no matter how crap we were or what had gone on close season, and I'm not going to stop now because half a dozen bores are determined to impose their views on everyone else by mind-numing repetition.

The reason why I don't go down to Santa's Grotto and tell the 6 year olds Santa isn't real is because they're children.

Mind you, I've long thought that some people like yourself had all the reasoning skills of a six year old child and your post seems to be supporting this view?

Why post the same views on umpteen different threads day after day? This thread is about things to be positive about. If you don't have any, then post in the numerous other threads devoted to how crap things are.

I actually can't see a single thread on the main page devoted to pessimism. The fact they've all descended that way is telling.

Ah, the sad jealous man feels the need to bring up my profession again.

I'll keep posting in here thanks.

My world is sunny, life is good apart from my football team which doesn't seem to be so good.

This thread might be entitled "reasons for optimism", but this board is called a "discussion board". That, for the benefit of the hard of thinking like yourself, means this is a board where people discuss and debate things. Such as disagreeing with other people's posts.

You need a dose of reality. Or a brain capable of understanding what's actually going on at our club.

The reason why I don't go down to Santa's Grotto and tell the 6 year olds Santa isn't real is because they're children.

Mind you, I've long thought that some people like yourself had all the reasoning skills of a six year old child and your post seems to be supporting this view?

I actually can't see a single thread on the main page devoted to pessimism. The fact they've all descended that way is telling.

See this is what you do...

Your narcissism means you believe you're some kind of superior being,the only person with the answers.

Thankfully you're not.

The insults which I've bolded are pathetic and are what make you completely insufferable...

My world is sunny, life is good apart from my football team which doesn't seem to be so good.

This thread might be entitled "reasons for optimism", but this board is called a "discussion board". That, for the benefit of the hard of thinking like yourself, means this is a board where people discuss and debate things. Such as disagreeing with other people's posts.

You need a dose of reality. Or a brain capable of understanding what's actually going on at our club.

Ok, after much (much) soul-searching and head-scratching, here goes. 10 reasons to be optimistic as a Rovers fan:

1) We are a PL club for the 2011/12 season

2) We have a manager who is positive and optimistic - if a little naive - and who wants to succeed

3) We finally appear to be making proper moves in the transfer market

4) We may have secured the services of the next Kenny Dalgleish (or even the next Kenny Miller)

5) If (big if) we can keep hold of Samba, we have a solid, settled defence

6) We still have several quality young players in the squad: Hoilett, Olsson, Nzonzi, Rochina, Formica

7) We have the cheapest season tickets in the Football League - besides Hartlepool - so it's not costing a fortune to go to watch the club (even though we still can't fill Ewood - but then Hartlepool only shifted circa 5,700 @ £100 each special refund price)

8) Belaji and Michel could well be in talks with Raul about joining the club... struggling a bit now.

9) Our owner would win a curry making contest against Norwich... and I was doing so well

10) We may well get 6 points against Norwich in the League... we may equally well not

Ok the last 2 and a half were in jest purely because I really can't think of THAT many reasons to be optimistic.

11) That could all change in the next 28 days...

Ha! "28 Days Later". Let's hope it not a horror show at that stage!

12) Who knows, we may develop such a seige mentality that we go on a fantastic 8 game run getting us a fighting chance.

COYB :brfcsmilie:

Can't argue with most of that Jisty, however:

2) We have a manager who is positive and optimistic - if a little naive - and who wants to succeed

Don't all managers? differnce being they have the experience and nous to back it up.

Optimistic reasons/points I can see are:

1- Looks like we have kept Robbo, he is pretty much back to the level that put in very good performances for Spurs and England. He can make a string of saves that can save points.

2- Hoilett had a great end to last season, if he starts like he ended it then he could be a big plus point for us.

3- N'zonzi came back into the side and played a big part in our last day survival. It looked like he has improved on his weaker areas i.e. possession and passing. If he starts the season well he could be a big player for us.

4- Opportunity for some of the other promising young talents to see the impact Jones had and see if they can make that step up as well. Lowe, Cotton, Ramm and Hanley are ones that come to mind.

I'll answer point by point.

1) This is a thread for those who may well feel optimistic about the coming season( Start your own if you don't, as was previously stated)

2) I have a degree in Ancient History.(Hardly brain dead eh "Doc")

3) I retired from HMF as Company Sergeant Major having seen active service in various locations.( wow! I must be dumb eh?)

4) Having served my time, I then started my own business which allowed me to RETIRE to the Sunny island of Cyprus at the age of 43, where I spend my time diving,kite surfing, playing on my jet ski and ...well you get the picture I'm sure! ( I should be jealous of you because?) :wacko:

However what any of this has to do with you and the rest of rentamob hijacking the the thread I don't know. But what the hell! You raised it. Oh and by the way as I said before .....Next time you're in Cyprus. Look me up we'll have a beer!

4) Having served my time I then started my own business which allowed me to RETIRE to the Sunny island of Cyprus at the age of 43 where I spend my time diving,kite surfing, playing on my jet ski and ...well you get the picture I'm sure!( I should be jealous of you because?) :wacko:

B**t**d! :D Never mind him, I'm jealous of you :P

Can't argue with most of that Jisty, however:

Don't all managers? differnce being they have the experience and nous to back it up.

I think you know only too well my feelings about Steve Kean. I was trying to be 'glass half full'.

I'll answer point by point.

1) This is a thread for those who may well feel optimistic about the coming season( Start you're own if you don't as was previously stated)

2) I have a degree in Ancient History.(Hardly brain dead eh "Doc")

3) I retired from HMF as Company Sergeant Major having seen active service in various locations.( wow! I must be dumb eh?)

4) Having served my time I then started my own business which allowed me to RETIRE to the Sunny island of Cyprus at the age of 43 where I spend my time diving,kite surfing, playing on my jet ski and ...well you get the picture I'm sure!( I should be jealous of you because?) :wacko:

However what any of this has to do with you and the rest of rentamob hijcking the the thread I don't know. But what the hell you raised it. Oh and by the way as I said before .....Next time you're in Cyprus. Look me up we'll have a beer!

1) I disagree. There are no threads which are just for the one perspective. It's been put up to prompt discussion. However, I actually think amongst all of the despair, it's good to have such a thread to make people calm down and take stock..

4) You must be bored out of your tree. Thanks goodness for BRFCS.com! :P

at least some of us are realists unlike you yeti-dog who thinks the sun shines out of rovers' arse.

Why the hell do you post on here mate? You must lead a very sad lonely life , I can honestly say I've never heard so much negativity come from 1 person . We could sign messi and you'd still fined something to moan about. Just do us all a favour and shut the #### up and #### off

i am on here because i want to discuss my club, we dont all have to be overly optimistic, when we sign a quality striker then i will change my views, if we are doing well 5 or 6 games into the season then i will be alot happier, i have as much right to post on here as you.

by the way i have been on here longer than you, so respect your elders.

Each to your own. Sounds like my idea of a nightmare.

1) I disagree. There are no threads which are just for the one perspective. It's been put up to prompt discussion. However, I actually think amongst all of the despair, it's good to have such a thread to make people calm down and take stock..

4) You must be bored out of your tree. Thanks goodness for BRFCS.com! :P

Hey! Tis the blue and white halves and BRFCS.com that make life worth living. :tu:

at least some of us are realists unlike you yeti-dog who thinks the sun shines out of rovers' arse.

Okay..because it's my birthday and I'm chilling with a nice glass of red I'll cut you some slack.

The arse comment is risible however..

I'm optimistic because I support the best team in the world (bar none),we're in the premier league,we look like we're starting to make some signings,we seem to be concentrating on youth (which I like) and the sky still hasn't fallen in.

Anyhow,back to the shiraz... ;)

Archived