BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London riots

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the police - I can hear sirens, but I damn well not popping out to see how things are going. We're half way down a residential street, so I don't think anyones going to cause any trouble up here, but they're getting close to the high street we're off, if that makes sense.

Torching buildings and homes with or without people in them.. but no we have to protect their human rights by asking them politely instead of using batons.

What a world we live in..............

Edit: Good luck John and AspRover.. hope you're kept safe from this nonsense and your locals aren't too badly damaged.

Totally agree that the people involved in this ritoting are total d!ckheads and deserve jail time. Getting immediate control with proportional force is the main priority.

However those who think you can handle these idiots in the long term through the baton and tear gas are misguided. Most criminals are made not born. If we don't want this sort of thing to happen its about having insight into the causes that create the situation and addressing them in an intelligent way.

Some of those causes will undoubtably be to do with poor government, other poor opportunities, and others the culture which has engendered in the localities.

Suppression is useless in the longer term.

Wheres the prime minister ? Wheres the mayor? Wheres chief inspector ?

FFS on holiday! UNACCEPTABLE

This is day three, and their deputy dogs are just beginning to speak. The fire of a building earlier this afternoon in Peckham. How slow was the firebrigade and police to react must have watched it burn for half an hour or more on Sky TV before they showed up.

Wheres the prime minister ? Wheres the mayor? Wheres chief inspector ?

FFS on holiday! UNACCEPTABLE

This is day three, and their deputy dogs are just beginning to speak. The fire of a building earlier this afternoon in Peckham. How slow was the firebrigade and police to react must have watched it burn for half an hour or more on Sky TV before they showed up.

Focus your ire on the people causing this and not those having to respond to unprecedented events.

Focus your ire on the people causing this and not those having to respond to unprecedented events.

The police have been preparing for these kind of events for long enough now Hasta.

Now they look completely unprepared and overwhelmed.

Just ask John and Asp if they feel safe and comfortable with the goings on with their local police force right now.

I blame Steve Kean and "The Venkys". What? somebody had to say it.

Vinjay is blaming the Walker Trust.

Iam just watching it on Sky News now, it's like a trip back to the 80's, the police are now stretched, time to get the army in to try and control it, people's homes and business being torched by mindless scum, most of the so called people doing this don't even know why they are doing it,they are just running with crowd.

The police have been preparing for these kind of events for long enough now Hasta.

Just ask John and Asp if they feel safe and comfortable with the goings on with their local police force right now.

That's because they dont have the necessary power, these kids need the dogs setting on them and rubber bullets.

JAL they are restricted in what they can do. Years ago if you threw anything at a policeman there would be a good chance he would come after you and you would get a whack or two, these days they with human rights legislation if they did that they would end up being the ones who get prosecuted.

We have made our police toothless.

I find it hard to believe that that deterrents like water cannons, rubber bullets etc haven't been used. Here in Ireland the guardi and the psni would have had them out the first night.

The leadership of today in London is being shown up no end.

Some serious issues in these communities. 80% seem to be young black males.

Some of the scenes are shocking. Where's the respect.

And why aren't the police storming into them. I don't think these youths deserve protection and human rights.

From my time spent in London and from reading UK papers etc. I have noticed the amount of unruly teenagers, some in gangs and most of these gangs are young black men. Why is this the case?

From my time spent in London and from reading UK papers etc. I have noticed the amount of unruly teenagers, some in gangs and most of these gangs are young black men. Why is this the case?

The last time I went to London, I felt like the foreigner.

It is only going to get worse.

• Backroom

It is a tired somewhat cliched argument but I think 90's rap culture plays a part, Tupac and Biggie and co are idolised.

I do like some rap music but if you listen to songs like Tupacs 'Hit em up' there is no hiding from the content.

JAL they are restricted in what they can do. Years ago if you threw anything at a policeman there would be a good chance he would come after you and you would get a whack or two, these days they with human rights legislation if they did that they would end up being the ones who get prosecuted.

We have made our police toothless.

With equal measure RVR we have made these kids of today in London who riot worthless.

I agree on the rap culture front.look at the videos an what not that apparently shows there lives.crime, violence, drugs, money, showing absolutley no respect for anyone all shown in a nice glamorous package.

Also it dosnt help that ethnic groups are bunched together, they were\are never intergrated into other groups properly.

Archived