BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London riots

• Backroom

I think it may be a wind uo actually but theres so much going around it's hard to know.

Apparently the bloke shot yesterday is now dead and the rubber bullets may come out tonight

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Well?

Are people made of cheese waiting to be eaten? Or are they likely to be robbed so they can buy a packet of crisps?

What?

If all these people want is to loot and burn to survive why would they harm other people? Please explain your thinking to me. I am not having a go, just generaly amazed that you feel this way.

Rubbish phil.

not sure what polls are you referring to, but I could point to a You Gov poll that now has a majority who want a return to capital punishment. You can take what you want from polling.

As I dont particulary converse with bar propping know it alls, I wouldn't know about that, but if my place of work- which is almost all degree educated by the way- the general mood couldn't be further away from the liberal agenda.

I do! :tu: Quiz night, 3/4 full pub and there was a 100% majority in condemnation last night.

‎"There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society, with a large segment of people in that society, who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Being Liberal is about hard headed practicality. There are simply too many disaffected youths and far too many people involved in the drug economy for a "get tough" approach of the kind advocated to work. The logical end is a society like the USA where 1% of the population is in prison and young black youths are statistically more likely to be behind bars than in College.

Hey I hadn't noticed that but now you've mentioned it Phillip from the piucs and news reports that I have been watching the majority of the rioters and looters do appear to be 'young black youths'.

Police rule by consent, once the immoral and disrespectful in society realise that the police have lost control, all hell will break loose.

Send in the Paras.

It did appear that for many hrs last night the Police had simply lost control of the situation,shameful and very worrying indeed.The sight of these thugs stood not more than five feet away from riot Police,taunting and taking the p1ss out of them,not a care in the world, was galling.Millions of pounds worth of damage caused and no doubt the good old tax payer will get to foot the bill once more.Reports emerging that innocent people were having their houses ransacked makes my blood boil....we really are on the slippery slope to complete Social anarchy aren't we :unsure:

16,000 Police on London streets tonight? still dont think It will make much difference to these degenerates,its going to be another long one folks.

P.S

To Darkus Howe and all the rest of the 'MR BAD POLICEMAN' haters......GO ###### OFF! :angry2:

‎"There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society, with a large segment of people in that society, who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Clever bloke that Martin Luther King...... here's another

"Nothing is more misleading than comparison between the Commonwealth immigrant in Britain and the American Negro........"

Enoch Powell 1968

"That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century.

Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal."

Enoch Powell 1968

Unfortunately we all know now to our eternal cost that 'resolute and urgent action' never happened don't we?

The prisons are already overflowing, and last night proved there are hundreds if not thousands of potential criminals still wandering the streets... very worrying times.

Tent cities and work parties. It worked in Arizona. Just ask Sheriff Joe.

If the rioters tried something like this in Arizona they'd be staring down the barrels of shotguns. Being held by citizens, not necessarily the police.

Rubbish.

Granted the bar propping know-alls make a lot of noise but if you look at yougov surveys you will see you are not correct.

Translation- we have turned the youth of our society into lazy, worthless thugs who are dependent on government to live. In return, they vote for those who will protect their benefits check and protect them from the full force of the law.

London has become ancient Rome. Wonder what you'll do when the barbarians show up at the gate? Though I suspect that you folks have already invited them in.

Public flogging would be appropriate.

Because you swore in a post (tis against the guidelines...).

Look, my general thinking, as I've insinuate in previous posts several times now, is that people behave the ways they do for a reason. Whether it's their upbringing, lack of education, or whatever, I'm just convinced that there's a reason.

For you to basically say that, going off that, it's safe to mingle with them, is a bit irritating and you've taken my reasoning well out of context.

Born out of wedlock? Are you serious? That's what I guessed, but are you really serious?

You removed a post because of that word? You know that word can be used in Scrabble right? You know it is in the newspapers? It can be used on Countdown?

There are even race horses with that name. How do racing forums manage!

Just admit you removed the post because you disagreed and that was a very good excuse.

Look, my general thinking, as I've insinuate in previous posts several times now, is that people behave the ways they do for a reason. Whether it's their upbringing, lack of education, or whatever, I'm just convinced that there's a reason.

For you to basically say that, going off that, it's safe to mingle with them, is a bit irritating and you've taken my reasoning well out of context.

Shameful abuse of power.

You should never moderate someone with whom you are personally crossing swords with.

Shameful abuse of power.

You should never moderate someone with whom you are personally crossing swords with.

It wasn't just that, he removed Gavs as well, which is a shame because we finally agreed on something - I was going to print it out and frame it.

So either he was too lazy to edit out my reply from Gavs post or it was just simpler to "hide" them both rather than post a reply and defend his position, which he pretty much stated in his response to my question anyway.

Pretty nasty either way.

As many on here will know I am left-leaning (and that is often an understatement). Whenever possible I like to defend the youth and working class, but I really can't in this instance. It is mindless violence and vandalism. This isn't a great social uprising. This is not a movement striving for attention. This isn't the result of a failure of society.

These are just scummy ba$tard$ who have jumped at the opportunity for a free phone or TV.

I watched the footage today and saw the stores broken into, they didn't break every window and it was important to notice that the likes of Clinton's and Gregg's were untouched.

all going off in Salford city centre apparentley, looks like Manchester Arndale next.

What i dont get is apparently lots of meetings have been set up via social network sites...i thought all these were moniterd?

I put a warning up about Manchester earlier.

Not social networks, they are using secure Blackberries and DMs. Stick ManchesterArndale into search in Twitter and all you get is people asking if it is still safe.

I understand RIM have come to an arrangement to open up some aspects of their network to the Police so Blackberries will no longer be secure.

I understand RIM have come to an arrangement to open up some aspects of their network to the Police so Blackberries will no longer be secure.

Very difficult to arrange or setup I'd have thought. The Blackberry messages are highly encrypted and once sent leaves no trace as to the origin. That's why all the drug dealers use them, they've probably seen the Wire.

Deleted more and left yours again I see.

My general thinking is that you are wrong and I have pointed out why, several times, perhaps you can still see the deleted ones. Of course there is a reason, they are dirt bags that have got it into their head that they can do what they like with impunity.

Perhaps its a bit irritating but when my taxes go to these scum and then they riot and we get blamed it irritates the hell out of me.

When will they finally be held accountable for their actions? When is it fair to beat the hell out of a thug?

Archived