BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London riots

What are they all about??

They used the excuse of the man police killed as their reasoning.

Even if that was the reason, they have still destroyed businesses , homes etc.

All kicking off again tonight. ..

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring the Army onto the streets if necessary,this has the potential to spread to other cities if not brought under control asap.Opportunist scum /Anarchists taking advantage of a situation...fist of steel needed here.

Yes , seem to remember copycat riots in the early 80's ..

• Moderation Lead

What are they all about??

They used the excuse of the man police killed as their reasoning.

Even if that was the reason, they have still destroyed businesses , homes etc.

All kicking off again tonight. ..

They ran out of caviar at Waitrose ;)

Those police dogs should be off their leashes by now and tearing them limb from limb. If your on the street around the areas being shown on Sky News now your asking for trouble. Not one person there is innocent.

Scrotes.

Bring the Army onto the streets if necessary,this has the potential to spread to other cities if not brought under control asap.Opportunist scum /Anarchists taking advantage of a situation...fist of steel needed here.

They are just a bunch of young lost souls, with a very bleak future, in a city were costs are moving way beyond their means.

'Bring in the army' FFS ! then we really will have lost it as a nation.

They are just a bunch of young lost souls, with a very bleak future, in a city were costs are moving way beyond their means.

No they are not. The majority are common thieves and pricks who have probably always wanted to be involved in a good old riot like this but have never had the opportunity. For these people this is just a bit of crack no matter whose livelyhood gets hurt. It needs stopping now by whatever force neccessary. Otherwise one of these buildings set on fire will be next door or under a flat containing a nice, law abiding family of four. When someone innocent dies the finger will be pointed at the police or the government. It should be pointed at the kids (of all races I note) who have no point other than being a bit bored.

No they are not. The majority are common thieves and pricks who have probably always wanted to be involved in a good old riot like this but have never had the opportunity. For these people this is just a bit of crack no matter whose livelyhood gets hurt. It needs stopping now by whatever force neccessary. Otherwise one of these buildings set on fire will be next door or under a flat containing a nice, law abiding family of four. When someone innocent dies the finger will be pointed at the police or the government. It should be pointed at the kids (of all races I note) who have no point other than being a bit bored.

A lot of what you say Hasta is in that sentence.

We have to admit that we have failed the younger people of today !

I was living near Tottenham when the 1980's riots took place when the scum murdered PC Blakewater.

My father-in-law brought me round a shot gun and 20 cartridges and told me to blast the bast"""s if they broke in.

Did anyone see black activist Lee Jasper on C4 News, it was all the fault of the police!!!!!

Rubbish. The majority of people doing this wont be poor and in poverty. They are just doing it for the hell of it and using the economic position as an excuse. They know full well that they are endangering the general public's lives and livelyhoods but they don't give a damn. There's a guy just on the BBC who was trying to help a 90 year old woman to get behind the police line to safety whilst coming under a barrage of bricks and bottles. If that bottle hits that woman these 'youths' know the score whether they think they are underprivelidged or not. They are scrotes the lot of them.

Some absolute scum in this country.

Ballacks to anyone who says it's alright to do so.

They might be in poverty but theyre creating poverty for a hell of a lot of shop owners and home owners that theyre setting on fire!

It's a bunch of idiots jumping on a cause and causing as much trouble as possible.

Release the dogs, the tear gas the batons everything.

Get them in order!

Also how stupid to do it to your local area.. clearly got the intelligence of a beetle between em.

I'm a little bit worried Manchester is going to be next.....

Also I don't buy all this kids cant get a job crap.

I'm 20 and have NEVER struggled to get a job and I've also stuck around in education til uni.. if they get themselves to the job centre or out with a CV they'll find one.

I've worked in a warehouse, in an office, in a shop, on the road anything I can get my hands on.

Kids claiming there's nothing are just filthy layabouts waiting to destroy lives like this.

I can't decide who's worse.. them for not trying or their parents for not making them try harder.

five minutes from my house now.

And Sod any political angling, this is beyond any kind of political justification. It isn't a protest, it wouldn't have been prevented if the Tories had got in earlier or Labour had stayed in power - Its the thugs seeing an oppertunity and capitalising, end of.

Totally agree that the people involved in this ritoting are total d!ckheads and deserve jail time. Getting immediate control with proportional force is the main priority.

However those who think you can handle these idiots in the long term through the baton and tear gas are misguided. Most criminals are made not born. If we don't want this sort of thing to happen its about having insight into the causes that create the situation and addressing them in an intelligent way.

Some of those causes will undoubtably be to do with poor government, other poor opportunities, and others the culture which has engendered in the localities.

Suppression is useless in the longer term.

Some serious issues in these communities. 80% seem to be young black males.

Some of the scenes are shocking. Where's the respect.

And why aren't the police storming into them. I don't think these youths deserve protection and human rights.

Archived