BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England game off

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England v Netherlands cancelled as well as several Carling games.

Kick off of the PL this weekend very much in doubt because of policing needs.

That might give us an extra week to bed in this week's influx of signings!

On a serious note, these little sods need sorting out asap. The world is watching and it doesn't fill anyone with much confidence before the Olympics. Barring the carrying of the torch i guess.

Half of the people doing it are just little scrotes whos balls havent dropped yet if the police gave a couple of them a belt with a baton the rest of them would run off home to mummy and daddy

Unfortunately mummy and daddy would sue the police for hitting their poor baby!

They cant just change the venue though because now all the scruffs in other parts of the country have seen how easy it is they will start to join in i would be amazed if it doesnt happen in many other parts of the country over the next few days

Henry Winter has just tweeted that whilst the state of public order will have a bearing, the issue is that police resources are stretched to the limit following up all the masses of leads following the riots and apprehending all the offenders is absolutely top priority.

The Met took 20,000 calls from the public in four hours the other night. Apparently many of these kids took their hoods off to ride public transport home with their looted goods- so that is hundreds of thousands of hours of CCTV from every bus and tube and railway carriage that needs to be examined.

The lead story on the BBC is the decision on postponement or not will be taken today. My link

To be honest, I would be very happy with a postponement.

Wolves are pretty well at full strength with regards to fitness and O'Hara and Johnson are smart signings. We are without Samba and Nelsen, Hoilett will be rusty, are short on new signings whilst Petrovic will still be doing his initiation song in the centre circle at kick off. It all adds up to an accident waiting to happen for Rovers if it goes ahead.

sorry philip i wouldnt, i arranged my holiday in benidorm around this fixture so i would p*ssed if these chokers postponed this game. Cant see it happening anyway as the premierleague have already said that outside of london all premierleague fixtures will go ahead as planned, they said its highly unlikely there will be any postponements.

sorry philip i wouldnt, i arranged my holiday in benidorm around this fixture so i would p*ssed if these chokers postponed this game. Cant see it happening anyway as the premierleague have already said that outside of london all premierleague fixtures will go ahead as planned, they said its highly unlikely there will be any postponements.

After events in Birmingham and Manchester last night I can see games not getting the go ahead for those cities. While Blackburn might not be a problem I suspect the difficulties will arise with regard to the number of police drafted in from this area to Manchester. Listening to the news today it would appear the government want heavy police numbers in problem cities for several days and this can only be done by moving them from other areas.

While I hope our game goes ahead I wouldn't be surprised if the Premier League opt to start the season a week late and move Saturday's games to a midweek later in the season.

Archived