BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Q & A With Paul Hunt

Guest Wen Y Hu

What on earth do you expect for someone who has been in post for 24 hours.

New target for derision already.

Paul Hunt has been Deputy CE for a couple of months now.

Give him a chance to prove himself.

He spoke very well yesterday on Radio Lancashire and has took some question from this supporters website. Fair play to him for doing this.

What on earth do you expect for someone who has been in post for 24 hours.

New target for derision already.

Heard him on the radio the other day and comes across really well IMO.

A number of people have said already that he is doing an excellent job, has made himself available to BRFCS to for interview, maybe if he donated a kidney that would make him more appealing ;)

EDIT- Chaddy our minds are at sync!

That Q&A was also done at the same time of the LT article which was around 4 weeks ago....he had probably been in post 3-4 weeks if that.

Or he could have just told us to p!ss off, he didnt - and for that we are grateful....well some of us eh Philip

Bland, unimaginative and actually complete nonsense. Those are the words of a man who is on message not one who has any desire or hunger to take the club forward.

Extremely disappointed with thed responses.

Bland, unimaginative and actually complete nonsense. Those are the words of a man who is on message not one who has any desire or hunger to take the club forward.

Extremely disappointed with the responses.

I agree. Just corporate, bland, & mindless phrases. The bloke might have just been taken on by Burger King or a supermarket. He would have said the same things.

The fact that he was speaking to brfcs.com instead of Venkys is even more worrying. He's just a "suit and tie" man with absolutly no passion or feeling for Rovers. He's probably just planning to try to get us to eat more Venky's "chicken products" at half time.

Very depressing.

How much passion is he going to show for Rovers after a couple of months?

A number of people have commented on what a good bloke he is and what an excellent job he has done so far from Kamy to cryer etc. The fact he gave an interview to BRFCS should be enough to reflect that he wants to communicate to fans.

How much passion is he going to show for Rovers after a couple of months?

A number of people have commented on what a good bloke he is and what an excellent job he has done so far from Kamy to cryer etc. The fact he gave an interview to BRFCS should be enough to reflect that he wants to communicate to fans.

He should take a leaf out of Williams book and invite some disgruntled fans for a proper chat.

While it is great that Paul Hunt answered these questions, and full credit to Hughesy for organising this. I am personally extremely disappointed that we put together 22 questions, none of which I believe were asking for any confidential information and he/the club chose to answer just 9.

If you decide to interact with fans then you have to do it properly, cut the marketing/PR talk and answer the questions in a honest/none corporate way as possible, John Williams grasped/was a master of doing this, I just hope that the new people incharge do the same eventually.

I think Paul Hunt simply showed nervousness and defensiveness. All that interview told me is he probably knows he has been dealt a bad hand after a few weeks in the job. That untra-corporatist set of responses to the 9 answered and 13 unananswered questions gave the game away far more than anything he actually said.

He is a marketing guy by experience and training. If an encounter with his customers produces such bland company talk and an utterly disengaged response at precisely the time when he ought to be at the most positive and excited about his new job, then fans are right to draw some pretty dire conclusions.

He would have been better advised to have waited until he had something to say. That interview conveyed all the excitement of a wet rag and was totally counter-productive. Anyone reading that rushing out to buy new Season Tickets?

It just underlined what a class act Rovers have been in the past and are no longer now.

In Paul's defence, we sat on this for some time because it was a lacklustre rehash of the LT interview and it felt so much like a creation of a PR team rather than the words of the man himself that it's was a bit insulting to you all to post it. However, Paul briefly attended the last Fans Forum and actually came across very well, he reminded me a lot of Tom Finn in his general demeanour, so don't write him off just yet.

I think Paul Hunt simply showed nervousness and defensiveness. All that interview told me is he probably knows he has been dealt a bad hand after a few weeks in the job. That untra-corporatist set of responses to the 9 answered and 13 unananswered questions gave the game away far more than anything he actually said.

He is a marketing guy by experience and training. If an encounter with his customers produces such bland company talk and an utterly disengaged response at precisely the time when he ought to be at the most positive and excited about his new job, then fans are right to draw some pretty dire conclusions.

He would have been better advised to have waited until he had something to say. That interview conveyed all the excitement of a wet rag and was totally counter-productive. Anyone reading that rushing out to buy new Season Tickets?

It just underlined what a class act Rovers have been in the past and are no longer now.

Crikey.

Your ability to put two and two together and get six is unrivalled on this site.

I didn't realise you had the gift of ESP alongside your many other 'talents'.

Crikey.

Your ability to put two and two together and get six is unrivalled on this site.

I didn't realise you had the gift of ESP alongside your many other 'talents'.

As usual- knocking copy from the contributor with nothing to say for himself.

Archived