BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MATCH PREVIEW: Rovers vs Wolves

its important we start off really well...its looking like no samba soo id go with

robinson

salgado .hanley ..givet ..olsson

emerton .dunn...nzonzi ..hoillet

formica

roberts

dunns looked fair fit in preseason this season and roberts has done well ..im going for 2-1 to us

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a few players are out in key positions, but I'm feeling strangely optimistic going into this one.

It's really the perfect fixture to kick the season off with. Very winnable, but at the same time Wolves are just decent enough that even if we don't pick something up we won't look back on the start really kicking ourselves for the fact that we dropped points against relegation certainties.

Really looking forward to having the league going again and hopefully it will start with 3 points. This site will be a very depressing place tomorrow afternoon if we lose.

dross? is everything hunky dory? are we stronger? do the venky people not tell lies with all their promises? do we not have players wanting to leave? is the finacial state and the way we are run not as good as it was? is this not a message board for voicing concerns or do you want us all to be blindly led and do the chunky chicken supreme!

quite frankly i dont care what you think!

I think you could be going slightly over the top there. None of us know really what's going on or what will happen in the future. We might sign a couple of good quality players before the window shuts,especially if Venkys fork out some more dosh. As the season progresses the extra signings we could make would be pivitol to a top 10 push or relegation battle. But for the Wolves game tomos,with our current squad plus Goodwille and the two latinos(formica n rochina) i think we will have too much for them. I'm going for a good win for rovers by 2 clear goals and a happy half time enjoying a sh1t pint of carlsberg in the concorse, COYB!!!

dross? is everything hunky dory? are we stronger? do the venky people not tell lies with all their promises? do we not have players wanting to leave? is the finacial state and the way we are run not as good as it was? is this not a message board for voicing concerns or do you want us all to be blindly led and do the chunky chicken supreme!

quite frankly i dont care what you think!

The ramblings of an old man.

I don't know if I've had a bang on the head :wacko: but I get the feeling we'll be all out attack at home, like Newcastle under Keegan, we may ship a few goals in, but we'll score more at the other end if we get a decent proven striker on board.

The philosophy will be score more than the opposition, lets entertain the fans.

So I’m going for 0-0 :D

You have had a bang on the head Gav.

That post just goes to show how pathetic and petty you really are. Get a grip of yourself abbey.

glad to see youve mastered the quote button .

pathetic ? why? just doing what the poster did by saying we scored three against them last season ,so would it not be right in thinking with that train of thought we should expect another 7 at OT!

are your chicken feathers not itching yet? ask keano what he uses when his start itching.

O Hara is one that worries me after his grass cutter that beat Robinson a couple of years back, Robbo's main weakness for me is shots from distance and he is capable.

It seems that O'Hara did take a knock in training and is 50/50, which will leave us with only two fit centre midfielders of Henry and Milijas.

you'll still probably get a result against us. residents from an old folks home could outplay our midfield.

Henry is very poor going forward and Milijas is a little on the lazy side. I would have more confidence if we had another midfielder, so we could switch to a 4-5-1. For me there would be two options, play David Davies who has come through the academy and never played PL game before or play Ward in the hole so he can drop into the midfield if needed and leave Doyle on the bench.

I'm concerned, I was predicting a 1-1 draw, but I'm now edging towards a Blackburn win. It does highlight how much we need another Centre Midfielder.

We're going to win 11-0.

Roberts to score a double hat-trick.

Kean to get sent to the stands for doing hand gestures at Mick McCarthy in the last ten minutes.

#epic.

The thing that scares me most, is the fact that so many people around here see us losing this one. For once, let me be the positivist. We're going to win the opening match of the season. It's going to be hard fought, but in the end we'll win 3-1. Junior will get us 1-0 up, 1-1 will come from Mr. Doyle, 2-1 Jason Roberts and after being lucky twice (clear penalty shout and crossbar-thunderbolt) Goodwillie kills the game of in the dying seconds after coming on after 60 minutes for Jason Roberts.

We had so much bad luck last season, things are going to change. The scenario above will result in:

1. 700 people on these boards shouting "we were so lucky and so bad, we're doomed. Steve Kean, die, Rao, die, Rovers are going down."

2. A crazy optimist shouting 'ROVERS INTO EUROPE', posting a screenshot of Rovers third in the table.

3. Three points and a winning start to the season

The starting 11:

Robinson in the goal

Salgado, Hanley, Givet and Olsson at the back

Emerton, N'Zonzi, Dunn and Hoilett in the middle

Formica and Roberts upfront

Pedersen ('46), Goodwillie ('60) and Rochina ('85) as subs.

Preston Hairdresser:

It is looking like Blackburn are set for a season of struggle, and the club's ambition seems clear from the differential between the £17m they have generated from selling Phil Jones to Manchester United and the money they have spent on new players. That suggests to me they are already penny pinching.

What Rovers' owners Venkys need to understand is that if you don't invest, then you stand still. They are gambling on finishing fourth bottom, and I think they are going to finish in the bottom six at best, and relegated if things go wrong.

Wolves, on the other hand, have made some good signings like Roger Johnson and Jamie O'Hara and they definitely look stronger than last year when they had such a narrow escape from relegation.

Mick McCarthy's side will still be down there but, especially when you look at the three teams who have come up, I think they will be top of the bottom six or seven sides.

Blackburn again need to be strong at home over the course of the season but I am not sure who is going to score their goals and I cannot see them making a winning start here.

Prediction: 1-1

Oh and by the way abbey I'm posting via iPhone in a lorry so I tends to be a little difficult posting sometimes . I woudnt expect an old man like yourself to understand the joys of technology in today's world anyway.

Not everyone can acsess a computer you know. Anyway enough of this , come on rovers make the mugs eat humble pie 3-1

wolves don't frighten me. if O'Hara doesn't make it they're weakened still further.

i think we'll win 2-0.

fans will play a big part tomorrow.

lets hope every fan in ewood puts all put differences and fears aside - at least for 90 mins.- and shouts themselves hoarse.

save all the whingeing for here! ;)

I started typing a team sheet for tomorrow but couldn't select one that didn't depress me terribly. Has it really come to this? What a mess.

I've always been a Rovers fanatic and always will be so with a pinch of that blind faith we are famous for I'll chalk this one down as a home win (he said through gritted teeth). It's a labour of love following this club but why make it so bloody hard for us, Jeez!

Where's the reinforcements? Never mind, apparently Jason's smoking in training :wacko: COYB :rover:

Archived