BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MATCH PREVIEW: Rovers vs Wolves

Got say 3 points dropped as we were beaten by a poor wolves side...got say there was a despondent atmosphere amongst Rovers fans both at the ground & in the pubs afterwards , think even Kean knows the squad isn't good enougth and way under strength , yes it was 1st game & injuries hit us , so come Nov/Dec suspensions & injuries will start to bite this threadbare squad is desperate for quality players to come in - 2 weeks for this to happen , the general consensus amongst fans is a case of dont hold your breath Venkys have had all summer to sort it .

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't rise to the bait pb. Anyone who posts anything remotely critical of the current administration is quickly shamed by one of yeti-dog's stern posts, which are part incredulity and part derision that anyone could post what is so evidently agenda-driven garbage.

It's not bait Balwer...you're the one making it personal.

As it happens I think his response was quite considered.

The fundamental point I was trying to get across without resorting to partisanship was that if we give up now,with 37 games to go then it might be reasonable to suggest we deserve to go down.

I'm not giving up yet,whereas it seems that some are.

Try and put your antagonism towards me to one side and get a sense of perspective is all that I'm suggesting.

The fundamental point I was trying to get across without resorting to partisanship was that if we give up now,with 37 games to go then it might be reasonable to suggest we deserve to go down.

Try and put your antagonism towards me to one side and get a sense of perspective is all that I'm suggesting.

Sack the half wit now !!! If he stays we go down , not on the last game of the season but in bloody March !!!

It is not just about potential relegation, I always like aiming high even if the odds are stacked against you. We have shown in the past that with shrewd management on/off the pitch, you can have a very successful season.

Obviously we are just one game in, however without some quality additions to the squad we could be in for a long battle this season.

What I saw yesterday was alarming. I saw enough to know that we absolutely must strengthen during the next two weeks.

If we do not, relegation will be nothing to do with giving up and everything to do with not being good enough.

Its not about giving up, its about being realistic, in Golf if you are a top player, you get a handicap, Rovers have a handioap against most sides in the league, Kean and Venkys!

Get a sense of perspective? If you bothered to read what I wrote a few pages ago in this thread you would know I made the same point as you did about how a lot of people are overreacting. You're the one resorting to name calling here yeti-dog. I've got no problem with your constant positive attitude towards Venkys/Kean. My problem is that you rarely use it in a constructive manner, 9/10ths of your posts are for slating anyone who is vaguely critical without actually putting forward anything meaningful yourself. What you've just written now is not what you wrote two pages ago, it's far more measured and watered down response than this:

'Anyone spouting nonsense about relegation being nailed on after ONE game needs to wind their necks in and get a grip. A couple of decent signings allied with our injured players returning gives us as much of a chance as anyone else.

The hysteria on here by some is plain embarrassing.. '.

Except that even at the end you can't help but have a little dig. I don't have any antagonism towards you, I just find you to be something of a message board bully and I take exception to it and judging by the amount of negative votes your post received I think others do too.

Get a sense of perspective? If you bothered to read what I wrote a few pages ago in this thread you would know I made the same point as you did about how a lot of people are overreacting. You're the one resorting to name calling here yeti-dog. I've got no problem with your constant positive attitude towards Venkys/Kean. My problem is that you rarely use it in a constructive manner, 9/10ths of your posts are for slating anyone who is vaguely critical without actually putting forward anything meaningful yourself. What you've just written now is not what you wrote two pages ago, it's far more measured and watered down. Except that even at the end you can't help but have a little dig. I don't have any antagonism towards you, I just find you to be something of a message board bully and I take exception to it.

That's not fair Balwer, he's not a bully.

More of a troll really.

Get a sense of perspective? If you bothered to read what I wrote a few pages ago in this thread you would know I made the same point as you did about how a lot of people are overreacting. You're the one resorting to name calling here yeti-dog. I've got no problem with your constant positive attitude towards Venkys/Kean. My problem is that you rarely use it in a constructive manner, 9/10ths of your posts are for slating anyone who is vaguely critical without actually putting forward anything meaningful yourself. What you've just written now is not what you wrote two pages ago, it's far more measured and watered down response than this:

'Anyone spouting nonsense about relegation being nailed on after ONE game needs to wind their necks in and get a grip. A couple of decent signings allied with our injured players returning gives us as much of a chance as anyone else.

The hysteria on here by some is plain embarrassing.. '.

Except that even at the end you can't help but have a little dig. I don't have any antagonism towards you, I just find you to be something of a message board bully and I take exception to it and judging by the amount of negative votes your post received I think others do too.

That's not fair Balwer, he's not a bully.

More of a troll really.

someone who likes to throw his weight around.

Have you lot got a little gang going or something...feels a bit like playground bullies.

Balwer..I have no beef with you up to now,but you other two...look in the mirror.

Roverandout..one of the most,if not THE most negative posters on here.

and TGM..being accused of being a troll by you is water off a duck's back.You are,without a doubt,one of the most reviled posters on this messageboard.

Essentially,my post challenged those who've given up already before the transfer window has even closed.

You have a problem with this why exactly?

Sack the half wit now !!! If he stays we go down , not on the last game of the season but in bloody March !!!

totally agree but only if they have someone decent to come in - which they didnt when they sacked BFS...can you actually see any manager worth his salt working for these jokers ???

Have you lot got a little gang going or something...feels a bit like playground bullies.

Balwer..I have no beef with you up to now,but you other two...look in the mirror.

Roverandout..one of the most,if not THE most negative posters on here.

and TGM..being accused of being a troll by you is water off a duck's back.You are,without a doubt,one of the most reviled posters on this messageboard.

Essentially,my post challenged those who've given up already before the transfer window has even closed.

You have a problem with this why exactly?

Yeti, One observation I have made from your postings is you rarely refer to football or the games Rovers play, it always seems to attack posters if their opinion differs to yours, maybe you would get a more positive response if you actually commented on the games etc!

I bring far more to this board by way of discussion than you ever could hope to with your little troll like remarks.

I do sometimes call people "dim" or "a bit thick" in the midst of it, but I find it amusing that would offend people quite so much more than anything.

Anyway, to be fair for once I'm the one doing the trolling actually too since for once I'm getting involved in an argument whilst offering no footballing discussion - something I try and avoid.

So yeah, carry on...

Roberts was dreadful again. I am not convinced by a lone striker, let alon one who only scores 6 goals a season and who cannot hold the ball up or link up play.

Selgado continues to make mistakes. I admire his commitment going forward but yesterday his usual good crossing deserted him. Crucially which coaching manual taught him to dive in with two feet in the box? No excuses. Amateur play from someone who is supposed to be a top pro. It was another costly defensive mistake. Wide players will probably be shining their own boots at the prospect of having a run at the pace less, flat footed Selgado.

Nzonzi did his best. Formica lightweight but busy and comfortable in possessionwas nearly my MOM. Instead it went to a player who can only donhalf the running of everyone else but who showed that controlling a ball and passing it accurately is important.

Hanley looks a Scottish defender and even I am left wondering whether that is braveheart or a future Neil Warnock signing. Ollson was off the pace.

Pederson tracked and worked but alternated good passes with poor ones. Emerton is half the player without his stamina. A player that has never had any end product and one wonders how long he can stay in the first XI. His best days look long gone.

Many around me felt Hoillet had not dealt well either with his contract position nor his new found 'qualify' status. He looked aloof to it all yesterday.

I thought this season inwould gauge performances from a midtable perspective with a + or - trying to balence them with performance and position

Robinson +

Selgado -

Ollson -

Hanley 0

Nzonzi 0

Emerton -

Pederson -

Dunn +

Hoilet -

Formica +

Roberts -

Subs

Rochina -

Goodwille 0

Blackman -

TOTAL minus 5 out of a possible minus 14

In case yuo've missed the point Theno hasn't bought a season ticket.

I most likely will do as soon as the new owners come in. ;)

I for one am astonished at some of the knee jerk reactions there is still 37 games left and also I am totally surprised how no-one has highlighted the ref and his linesman were so shocking I would not even trust them to set-up my lunch! let alone ref a premier league game talking points:

1.How the ref could not see Hoilett's shot after 3mins was over the line is beyond me!.

How on earth could he see? He would have to be looking along the line (from a linesmans position) to call marginal decisions correctly.

I was very disappointed we lost but having calmed down I can see that IF we had Nelsen, Samba and Givet fit we would have WON that game against Wolves strongest team.

Most attacking potential I've seen from Rovers in a long time but on saturday we had no solid base to build on.

Although we MUST replace Roberts.

I can't be arsed reading through this thread but would assume its the usual doom and gloom. This defeat was very deflating, but there are some positives, though they are of cold comfort until we get some points on the board. This was probably the weakest Rovers team we will see play a premier League game all season, particularly at the back, and we still could easily have got something from the game. Goodwillie and Formica will grow into good premier league players, Olssen will play higher up the park and Roberts, Salgado and Emerton will be pensioned off or used sparingly.

Thank God for cricket, that's all I can say!!

Was Pedersen injured on Saturday? Somebody sat close to me said he went straight down the tunnel which is normally a sign that the player is going for treatment. Kean never mentioned this post match. If he did and wasn't injured then that was a clear show of dissent to Kean.

Archived