BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MATCH PREVIEW: Rovers vs Wolves

Reading all the threads and listening to all the interviews an Jason Roberts on 606, we are from the top down clueless, leaderless but most of all lack the professionalism to get out of what now is one hell of a train crash.

SK eyes in the interview said it all, he is way out of his depth, but no one will remove him so what the hell...

For me Roberts must just come in, train a little, arrive where and when he is told to and collect his cash, as he knows sod all else about his employers.... Time and time again he knew nothing about anything. He tells us on twitter how fabulous Venkys are but knew nothing of Tom Finn or John Wiiliams .......

Ask anyone at the Club. The players train for one hour per day - yes 1 hour - and SK wants to be one of the boys rather than have the basic management strength to discipline players who turn up late.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't go because we are on holiday but reading this suggests everything I expected to happen did. I gave up on the owners, the management and the manager sometime back.

I'm not impressed by free food and drink, renaming stand and all the nonsense Venkys employ in an attempt to manipulate the support.

I do not want to support Venky's in any shape or form. I want to stay away but ultimately can't because like so many I'll always grasp at any faint hope. I have to be there but am I interested? Not really, not until Venky's leave or prove themselves - which gets harder for them with every passing day.

Bad, sad times at Ewood.

Fanastic match report from Parsonblue. Thanks.

Ask anyone at the Club. The players train for one hour per day - yes 1 hour - and SK wants to be one of the boys rather than have the basic management strength to discipline players who turn up late.

The players like him though and that is the most important thing....... <_<

• Moderation Lead

It looks an even worse result the day after.

Relegation is as close to certain as anything is certain in football.

After one game? Christ Philip get your head out of your backside!

We were terrible, and lacked leadership at the back, but with 3 centre halves missing is that any shock? Remember a couple of seasons ago when Man United had a similar defensive crisis and lost 3-0 at Fulham? And that's Man United!

Even if you are able to enjoy saying 'I told you so'. It is surely the most hollow victory of all predicting your club's demise. Pathetic.

If yesterday highlighted one thing, it was the need for reinforcements now!!

If yesterday highlighted one thing, it was the need for reinforcements now!!

And what if we don't get them?

Or what if we get them and some don't live up to their billing?

Or they take time to bed in?

We need 5 players to come in in the next two weeks (when it took Venky's 6 weeks to sign 2), who have premiership experience and who can make an immediate impact.

It's just not looking good at all. You can't build a decent team that way. God knows there's always hope, but I have no faith in these jokers.

not sure if this has already been posted but its the best interview that ive seen kean do since taking charge

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_7099562,00.html

he is now saying that transfers is a must and he publicly saying it. sounds as though he is frustrated. im not going to get at kean as whats happening isnt his fault. he is fighting a losing battle. the fans will never like him. the owners wont give him what he needs.

he has a very poor squad of players to work with. he had a tough job from the beginning as the players liked sam and then he come from nowhere. the fans use kean to vent their frustrations but the only people imo that we can blame are venkys. if kean got the chance to bring in a team that he wants then maybe he could do a job but i cant see that happening.

the only way i can see kean doing anything now is by taking a tough approach with the owners. i believe that if he threatened venkys with walking and gave them a rollocking then they may react. just depends whether they do care or not

• Moderation Lead

And what if we don't get them?

Or what if we get them and some don't live up to their billing?

Or they take time to bed in?

We need 5 players to come in in the next two weeks (when it took Venky's 6 weeks to sign 2), who have premiership experience and who can make an immediate impact.

It's just not looking good at all. You can't build a decent team that way. God knows there's always hope, but I have no faith in these jokers.

Bryan, I was just stating the obvious, not providing answers to potential scenarios!!

Gotta love Sunday morning statements from PhllipL.

Get a grip man!! We've played one bloody game. QPR got spanked 4-0 at home yesterday.

I love your 'relegation is as certain as anything in football can be' line. Fair play you come out with some blinders don't you!!

I did a 7 hour round trip to watch that yesterday. It was poor FACT, were we hampered by having 3 CB's out of the team??? Of course we bloody were. Have we been relegated after one game of the season... Of course we bloody haven't!!!

FFS man, you wonder why you get negative comments. You're a grown man behaving like a spoilt brat. You used to be one poster who I really respected, and looked forward to reading posts from. Now you're so blinded that it's impossible for you to have a sensible view of anything!!

Back to the match. We were poor and we weren't helped by injuries. I guess Brett was injured as bringing off the only midfielder we have who can tackle was surely not tactical. Also as we were so threadbear why was Petrovic not sorted in time. Im surprised we couldn't get the paper work sorted in a week.

I felt for N'Zonzi, the lads been asked to play somewhere where he is uncomfortable, but instead of moaning and whinging he's got on with it and given it his best shot. Thought Salgado was poor to be honest, pen was a clear one, can't complain about that.

Best player on the pitch was hoilett. Always looked like he could do something. Looked tired late on and should hve been replaced.

Yes I'm worried, yes i agree that kean has a lot to learn but mostly I'm worried that we need to add quality players quickly. Mistakes have been and are still being made but how anyone can have us as certain for relegation after one game is mystifying! Were you actually there yesterday Phil?

Get a grip man!! We've played one bloody game. QPR got spanked 4-0 at home yesterday.

I love your 'relegation is as certain as anything in football can be' line. Fair play you come out with some blinders don't you!!

I did a 7 hour round trip to watch that yesterday. It was poor FACT, were we hampered by having 3 CB's out of the team??? Of course we bloody were. Have we been relegated after one game of the season... Of course we bloody haven't!!!

FFS man, you wonder why you get negative comments. You're a grown man behaving like a spoilt brat. You used to be one poster who I really respected, and looked forward to reading posts from. Now you're so blinded that it's impossible for you to have a sensible view of anything!!

Back to the match. We were poor and we weren't helped by injuries. I guess Brett was injured as bringing off the only midfielder we have who can tackle was surely not tactical. Also as we were so threadbear why was Petrovic not sorted in time. Im surprised we couldn't get the paper work sorted in a week.

I felt for N'Zonzi, the lads been asked to play somewhere where he is uncomfortable, but instead of moaning and whinging he's got on with it and given it his best shot. Thought Salgado was poor to be honest, pen was a clear one, can't complain about that.

Best player on the pitch was hoilett. Always looked like he could do something. Looked tired late on and should hve been replaced.

Yes I'm worried, yes i agree that kean has a lot to learn but mostly I'm worried that we need to add quality players quickly. Mistakes have been and are still being made but how anyone can have us as certain for relegation after one game is mystifying! Were you actually there yesterday Phil?

Blackburn fan being hounded on 606 right now, making extremely valid points and yet he's being attacked to the point he's being cut off.

All wrong that. Disgraceful really. The interviewer was obviously following a pre arranged path should Roberts get in a sticky situation.

And thats based on their poor knowledge and I'm guessing it was those same pundits who said that Blackburn would get relegated last season with 10 games to go. There's a reason these so called football experts can't get jobs in the game or have failed in football.

People like you amaze me. You will know as everybody else does that we escaped by the skin of our teeth on the last day of the season. The system was flawed and we enjoyed for once some huge slices of luck through April and May.

Tell me bringdunnback, by labelling people as having 'poor knowledge' of football you obviously consider yourself to have extensive knowledge. So with all that wisdom and insight behind you would you have put your mortgage on us stopping up anytime in those last 10 matches? Be honest.

Jim - enough of the Sam stuff in this thread, it's not relevent at all to the topic at hand today!

With empty headed, thick skinned folk about I think it bloody well is! A dose of sanity is paramount. Forget the dreamers and the know nowts Tom, in fact don't even sympathise with them, theirs is a dangerous way forward for our club. The truth is that with our financial muscle the prospect of staying in the Prem by playing flowing attractive football is simply a pipe dream. We had more airy fairy types on the park yesterday than the Royal Ballet and it was awful. The longer the match wore on the more they lost their way. How do you expect no one to compare it to the same fixture last season given that it was Allardyces last home match? One cannot help but compare it to 3-0, 3 points and boos from the disgraceful, ungrateful empty heads last season.

People whinged about 4-5-1 under Allardyce so fine. Kean yesterday found himself without 3 first choice defenders (btw how many are genuine and how many are want-aways). Given that scenario then any manager with half a brain would have played 4-5-1 and packed the midfield with as many growlers as possible in order to protect the back four. Yet that footballing derelict goes gung ho and plays just about every prancing pussyfooter that we have on the books.

There is only one thing that matters in the Prem and that is points. All the above can take their hook off to Man Utd and it wont make a ha'peth of difference to the club's future. Their miserable 200 quid is just a drop in the ocean. All everybody needs to know is that in the Prem Points make prizes.

Never claimed to be an expert, but having performance analysis knowledge and having worked at a professional football club in their sports science department I would like to think I have some knowledge in football.

Means absolutely nothing. Sweet FA in fact. Our current manager's got all manner of coaching badges we are told.

With empty headed, thick skinned folk about I think it bloody well is! A dose of sanity is paramount. Forget the dreamers and the know nowts Tom, in fact don't even sympathise with them, theirs is a dangerous way forward for our club. The truth is that with our financial muscle the prospect of staying in the Prem by playing flowing attractive football is simply a pipe dream. We had more airy fairy types on the park yesterday than the Royal Ballet and it was awful. The longer the match wore on the more they lost their way. How do you expect no one to compare it to the same fixture last season given that it was Allardyces last home match? One cannot help but compare it to 3-0, 3 points and boos from the disgraceful, ungrateful empty heads last season.

People whinged about 4-5-1 under Allardyce so fine. Kean yesterday found himself without 3 first choice defenders (btw how many are genuine and how many are want-aways). Given that scenario then any manager with half a brain would have played 4-5-1 and packed the midfield with as many growlers as possible in order to protect the back four. Yet that footballing derelict goes gung ho and plays just about every prancing pussyfooter that we have on the books.

There is only one thing that matters in the Prem and that is points. All the above can take their hook off to Man Utd and it wont make a ha'peth of difference to the club's future. Their miserable 200 quid is just a drop in the ocean. All everybody needs to know is that in the Prem Points make prizes.

Means absolutely nothing. Sweet FA in fact. Our current manager's got all manner of coaching badges we are told.

It mattered to you when Ince was in charge

I've only seen the match of the day footage so don't shoot me but my observations:

-We look loads more dangerous going forward compared to last season

-With formica, rochina, hoilett and goodwille on the pitch we have players who know how to finish

-Roberts hasn't changed although if he can simply do a job of holding up the ball well for the other attackers, scoring wont be so important for him to earn his place

-We really missed samba at CB

-Salgado had an absolute stinker, was pretty much personally responsible for both goals and the pen - his worst game for us, gonna be a massive target sitting over his head every game

Its not relegation bound from where im sitting providing we can get some stability in the defensive back line

Obviously, the last minute Givet hitch was an enormous blow, I thought N Zonzi and Hanley tried gainfully at the back, but Olsson went AWOL and Salgado had a shocker.

Roberts had a decent game and I largely liked what I saw from Formica, Rochina and Goodwillie (The last 2 also nearly getting on the score sheet)

I thought Dunn, Emerton And Pederson weren't playing and Olsson and Hoilett hid for large parts of the game, when they did get on it, we were a threat.

Wolves worked hard but were lucky, and we looked like we were on the team sheet, make shift and in experienced.

I don't think Samba ISN'T injured, I'm sorry if you disagree, but without evidence, that's an unfair crack at his character.

If Givet had played and the Zonz in the middle, I think we would have looked more solid, but hey, that's life.

I think Petrovich will make a difference in the next game, and if we can get a defender in or fit, that's obviously going to help, but we do need that proven striker.

Great penalty save from Robbo, shame we panicked after.

Also, no leader on the pitch yesterday...

It is also a time when Kids are off school and holiday season. Could be a number of reasons, including the financial climate, why the attendence was lower today than last season. Look at the numbers there was only 318 people difference.

Say what you want. The Riverside seemed fairly full but the JW reminded me of one of those League Cup games against 3rd Div opposition. I can only imagine that many of the people who are unhappy with recent events have downgraded. How that pans out in revenue loss I can't imagine.

Not going to say much new. Missing three good defenders was the major problem today. We looked ok going forward in spells but always looked like we could let one in. Midfield balance was bad with no defence minded players. Main worry is that the squad looks like very thin.

How come the manager completely ignored that fact when naming the players and setting the team up? The average pub team manager would have set up to protect a defence shorn of it's 4 best players. Pathetic bloody sample he is.

Archived