BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MATCH PREVIEW: Rovers vs Wolves

I'm predictably nervous about this one. I have a nasty feeling we will lose 2-1 then the forum will implode with news of our impending doom and how Formica, Goodwillie and Petrovic aren't good enough.

Might get a bit noisy at Ewood as well.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im going with the fact Samba will proberly be out and Petrovic will either not get clearance or wont be rushed in, i'd put this 11 out

Robinson

Olsson

Salgado

Givet

Hanley

N'Zonzi

Emerton

Rochina

Formica

Holiett

Roberts

im predicting a scrappy opening 20 mins with nither side creating much with the game gaining in tempo. 2-1 win for us, Formica and Roberts with the goals.

3-1 rovers win . I think the teams fantastic togetherness will see them win comfortably . I cannot wait for Saturday and have feeling a lot of people are gunna be eating humble pie . Oh and by the the way let's just get behind the team and stop all this trolling of the club because quiet frankly im just about sick and tired of it.

I agree, I wish people would start being more positive this is a message board not a moan board!

Goodwillie will be a star this season if he is given a chance 10-15 goals

Come on get behind the club!

my prediction 2-1 to wolves, best we can hope for from this game is a draw, wolves are a well drilled side with a manager who knows what hes doing, rovers makeshift defence wont be able to handle the power and pace of doyle and fletcher and epecially with johnson at the back for them, at set peices our defence will eaten for breakfast, if he starts roberts up front, we probably wont even score a goal.

Just to give you an update on Wolves team news, it appears that Doyle will be fit to start, but there are rumours that O'Hara limped off from training today, this hasn't been confirmed yet and might be a load of rubbish.

I would expect us to line up like this:

-------------------Hennessey---------------

Stearman*---Johnson-------Berra-------Elokobi

Jarvis------Henry---------O'Hara**------Hunt

-----------Doyle--------Fletcher------------

* We could play Zubar instead of Stearman

** If he is fit.

However, knowing Mick's selection I might be totally wrong.

The way Pre Season has gone, i'd expect us to line up like this,,

-------------------Robbo---------------

Salgado-----Samba (If fit)-------Givet-------Olsson

Emerton------Dunn---------N'Zonzi------Pederson

-------------------Formica-------------------

-------------------Roberts----------------

1-1 i reckon.

We couldn't possibly be playing Wolves at a worse time with all our uncertainties, injuries and lack of signings capable of stepping in from day 1 and making an impact.

You'd say that regardless of who we are playing.

At least we are not playing one of the big boys.

No. We're playing the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers. So have a bit more faith in your team.

I think we will get spanked by at least two goals and Wolves will exact their retribution for the last day of the season - it's funny how these things always seem to work out !

Ah, more refreshing optimism from the Miserman.

I fear Ewood will be very hostile towards the end of the match and Venky's and Kean will be left in no doubt as to what the supporters think about them. Pent-up emotions from last season have never, so widely, been so high.

Don't you mean 'hope'?

This will be a good test for both teams to see if/how we've moved on since the last game of last season. Having Samba/Nelson out is going to be a big blow, but at least it looks like Wolves have worse injury worries than us!

I'd go for:

Robinson

Salgado ©

Hanley

Givet

Olsson

N'Zonzi

Grella

Rochina

Formica

Hoilett

Roberts

I'd also predict 5-1, like the last time we played them first game. However, my more pragmatic side says 2-0 (Hoilett, Roberts (deflected off his arse))

0-3 ,got bad bad feelings not just about saturday and the season but for the very existence of rovers in 2 years time,too many players gone and not replaced.god bless the venkys.

What a foolish man you really are. An absolute pathetic post. Just get behind the team for Christ sake . These negative comments are doing no good to ALL connected to brfc

Archived