BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MATCH PREVIEW: Rovers vs Wolves

we lack quality in about every area of the pitch.

no, what i meant to say was almost, we still have robinson, samba, hoilett and olsson.

formica, rochina, samba and hoilett oh and olsson, im always bigging them up.

So except for more than half a team... :unsure:

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, your right neal, but wheres the backup, wheres the proven striker in all that?

Down to general opinion when it comes to this. Nelsen is still a good squad player although we do need one more CB which i expect we shall get. Goodie and Petrovic both being internationals should be useful backup until fit to play and i personally thought that at times this pre-season Dunny has looked fitter and better than he has in a long while. Like i say, matter of opinion.

Proven striker has to be bought and will be, given time. Shame it's not done by now but.. hey ho.

P.S. Just my opinion but i would of added Nzonzi to you're list. I believe he is potentially one of our best players... Arsenal and Dortmund aren't interested if you're just decent.

Really excited for the first game of the season. Haven't seen a game since the last game of last season, so it's been a while. Really looking forward to the boys coming out in the blue and white halves to fight for victory. Has made me completely forget all the hullabaloo of the past couple of months. I'm just happy to slip on my Rovers shirt, grab a beer and watch a football match! :rover:

Really excited for the first game of the season. Haven't seen a game since the last game of last season, so it's been a while. Really looking forward to the boys coming out in the blue and white halves to fight for victory. Has made me completely forget all the hullabaloo of the past couple of months. I'm just happy to slip on my Rovers shirt, grab a beer and watch a football match! :rover:

Now THAT'S the spirit of a TRUE fan. That is exactly how I feel too. I am leaving home in about 20 mins to catch a bus to Edinburgh, and I wont be home again until after midnight, but I am absolutely buzzing and up for it. COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!

Some real odd ball and outlandish comments from the media at the moment..we have the worst squad? :blink:

Looks like they'll be a dancing on our grave should we go down.

At first all the negative predictions by the press were getting to me, but then I thought "bring it on". Let's think every hate us and then lets prove them wrong, siege mentality for the team and fans. :) I really need to get to bed, bloody night shifts.

Well it's here....seems to come around faster every year.I am concerned more this season than I have since we were promoted back to the PL but at 3pm it's just 11 v 11 & come 5pm we could be celebrating new heroes.

Let's think back to the last time we played Wolves at home 1st game of the season; I remember all too well bragging about this cracking Aussie winger we had signed & how he would take the league by storm. That remains his best game in a Rovers shirt by a country mile.

Brett Emerton .....come on down !!!!

COYB !

• Backroom

It's matchday, I'm nervous and excited, I just hope I can enjoy Match of the Day tonight.

A win would be great, avoiding a loss is the most important thing though.

Goodwillie to be a hero from the bench? Can anyone remember the last player to make an instant impact? Roque Mk 1 maybe?

I'm really looking forward to today's game. Rovers will win today, I going for 2 nil to rovers. Formica and Hoilett to score.

Can we all get behind the team today and support them!!!

Don't worry about transfers today, just cheer the team on to a win!!!

• Backroom

Is anyone else 50/50 as to whether Formica will play, he might go for Dunn instead

Honestly I can't even begin to figure out wha team he'll play, last season everytime I thought it may be an exciting line up we ended up with the likes of Emerton and Roberts in, I remember seeing the City lineup and feeling depressed!

I have a sneaky feeling Grella may start with Nzonzi as until Petrovic can play we are short on numbers in the middle (and at the back, and up front). Hoillet is essential if we are to create much in open play. I suppose with injuries and work permits we could see:

Robbo

Salgado Hanley Givet Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi Dunn / Grella Pedersen

Roberts Goodwillie

Which would be very uninspiring however the team instanly looks better when Samba, Nelsen, Hoilett and Petrovic are back.

Over the summer I almost forgot how bad refereeing standards are, lets hope we aren't reminded today!

I think our 'coach' will play something like this:

Robinson

Salgado Givet Hanley Olsson

Emerton Dunn N'Zonzi Pedersen

Hoilett/Formica

Roberts

I just can't see a big scoreline with it being the first game of the season and several players being injured/unavailable for selection. I also think people are underestimating Wolves, there is not much between the two sides at all.

I'm still predicting a hard fought 1-1 draw.

Sadly?

face it Mercer you'll be chuffed to bits if we lose.

You must be joking.

The family hate it when Rovers lose as they say I'm a miserable b@st@rd for at least 48 hours.

There are not many as passionate as me - I just hate what is happening to our club though and that is the big issue for me and many others and has been since Venky's took over.

Really think we need a win today just to lift the cloud of torpor and depression after all of the nonsense of the summer.

Start of last season I struggled to be up for the big kick-off, I'm the same again this time round.

Hopefully we can get off to a good start and get a bit of a feel-good factor, if only to get me interested again.

You must be joking.

The family hate it when Rovers lose as they say I'm a miserable b@st@rd for at least 48 hours.

There are not many as passionate as me - I just hate what is happening to our club though and that is the big issue for me and many others and has been since Venky's took over.

:lol: :lol:

You’ve been on here since November/December last year when the admin team allowed you back after being banned. In that time I’ve not seen one post that shows any passion or commitment to Blackburn Rovers.

Even the biggest venkys/kean haters show passion for the club at times, you mercerman do not, so I'll reserve jusgement on that score, but it was a funny remark though :lol:

• Backroom

Would it be wrong to suggest a scrappy win would be for the best? I only say that as we don't want any holes masking over. If flaws are evident then it might push us on a bit more on the transfer front.

Archived