BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti Kean and anti Venky chanting

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it won't get any better but I think most people at the moment don't wanna live up to the stereotypical short-attention span, fickle reputation football fans have. The booing was pretty much justified (although would never do it myself) but chanting to sack the manager/board halfway through the first game of the season? Maybe at Newcastle its standard but I'd give our fans a bit more credit than that.

sorry guys, i was sat there and there were shouts of people telling kean to eff off, calling him a winker as well. and alot of booing, i too heard a few muted chants of steve kean's blue and white army but very muted, i myself sat on my hands and zipped my mouth when they chanted his name.

bet he wouldnt come up up to @#/? corner and say it out loud !

What would be the point of gettin my head kicked in by a few knob heads? To prove my point? Get real.

Whose block 1's new darling now Kalinic has left? Or is it just souly a hate mob now?

hahaa well its my profile pick on facebook,hope ya dont mind .

:( Dang it my nickname is V.. don't want to be associated with Venkys..

Still think we should have a more press worthy campaign.. bombing the pitch at half time with rubber chickens would certainly get some press and add a little humour to it all.

Clean up would be a humerous and if they try to ban the practice again more press.

Booing should not be done IMO it's more than likely to have a negative influence on the players at a time when they need all the motivation they can get.

:( Dang it my nickname is V.. don't want to be associated with Venkys..

Still think we should have a more press worthy campaign.. bombing the pitch at half time with rubber chickens would certainly get some press and add a little humour to it all.

Clean up would be a humerous and if they try to ban the practice again more press.

Booing should not be done IMO it's more than likely to have a negative influence on the players at a time when they need all the motivation they can get.

I sense a great money making venture here to go along selling the Burnley toilet roll (wipe your backside on a Dingle !!) outside Ewood on match day and via t'web. Should work out at a couple of grand towards the savings fund to buy Rovers. I have £40 in 20p's to date.

I sense a great money making venture here to go along selling the Burnley toilet roll (wipe your backside on a Dingle !!) outside Ewood on match day and via t'web. Should work out at a couple of grand towards the savings fund to buy Rovers. I have £40 in 20p's to date.

Sadly not enough of a profit margin in it lol.. :) You can but the dang things for £2-3 online.

Thing is booing etc to me would not work, always ends up with mixed messages. Doing something funny would also benefit in garnering support from even the away supporters...

It has actually got to the point now that my friends who support other clubs are no longer joking about Venkys/Blackburn/Kean/Medalion man et al instead it's turning into support, that has suprised the heck out of me as even when relegated I never received such sympathy.

Thing is booing etc to me would not work, always ends up with mixed messages. Doing something funny would also benefit in garnering support from even the away supporters...

It has actually got to the point now that my friends who support other clubs are no longer joking about Venkys/Blackburn/Kean/Medalion man et al instead it's turning into support, that has suprised the heck out of me as even when relegated I never received such sympathy.

My Everton supporting mate emailed me to ask when Kean was getting sacked. Normally he'd be laughing about it. I don't think any genuine football fan likes to see a club ripped apart like this.

Seeing as none of the Venky's lot come to Ewood Park, what will chanting achieve?

Press/tv coverage.

99 bottles of beer on the wall

99 bottles of beer

Oh Stevie Kean

give us your keys

98 bottles of beer on the wall...

*and the jingling of keys does wonders for the background*

Sang that last year and this year to an MLS coach who was convicted of drunk driving.

Only 'Peter Vermes' rhymes better with 'keys' than Stevie Kean.

And last yeah, I know for a fact that some of the players on the bench were betting on whether or not the crowd would get through all 99 bottles (which we did).

Not just that but even when we went down we could see the talent that was going to take us back up. Duff, Dunn and Jansen were all big positives in our relegation season. Now Jones has gone, Hoilett and Olsson will leave if we go down (and Hoilett may yet not sign a new contract anyway), Hanley looks decent enough but apart from that we have no exciting youth right now. Plenty of promising names from the youth team but nothing so far that looked remotely like those three last time round.

So Hoilett and Olsson will go just like Duff, Dunn and Jansen did eh...

No exciting youth apart from Hoilett, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Hanley, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Rochina and Formica. None, absolutely none other than those 8 names and the promising names in the youth team.

"Enough is enough" says Jason Wilcox in his LET column. Anyone got a link.

Think the jury's very much still out on a lot of those names above.

Leeds fans seem to have decided that after 2 games of this season. And all because of a lack of investment this summer, hardly compares to what we Rovers fans have had to endure and yet we do nothing.

Something needs to be done, chanting the likes of 'Venky's out' is hardly booing the players as it's aim is quite clear.

What would be the point of gettin my head kicked in by a few knob heads? To prove my point? Get real.

Whose block 1's new darling now Kalinic has left? Or is it just souly a hate mob now?

↲Sounds like you'd be better off moving to the Darwen End, its full of gimps there so you'll fit right in. They might let you blow some nice balloons up and wave a flag or something too.

So Hoilett and Olsson will go just like Duff, Dunn and Jansen did eh...

No exciting youth apart from Hoilett, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Hanley, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Rochina and Formica. None, absolutely none other than those 8 names and the promising names in the youth team.

Completely different situations.

Hoilett's contract runs out next summer. Do you think he'll sign if we look like we're going down? :wstu:

There's two main main differences between now and then. Back then we'd only won the league a few years earlier, it seemed almost certain we could come back up, and with Jack in charge we could still afford to pay Premier League wages in what was then Division One. Now we can't do that. Staying with us will be a far less attractive proposition than then it will be now. Additionally Dunn and Duff were Rovers trainees so had some sort of ties to the club, whereas out of the ones you've listed only Olsson and Hanley are (I'm discounting Hoilett as given the contract thing he WILL leave if we go down).

Secondly only Duff had played more than a season as a first team regular. Dunn was in his first full season as a first team regular, whereas Jansen had only arrived a few months earlier. Olsson, N'Zonzi and Hoilett have all been in the team for a number of seasons.

Hanley's played just eight games. Rocinha, Formica, Goodwillie and Petrovic have played a combined seven PL games. I wouldn't describe them as hot prospects just yet.

Archived