BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti Kean and anti Venky chanting

↲Sounds like you'd be better off moving to the Darwen End, its full of gimps there so you'll fit right in. They might let you blow some nice balloons up and wave a flag or something too.

Yeah cause who'd wanna wave a flag or get behind their team at football, what an absurd idea! If anyone ever brings a rattle or a scarf to a game they may as well disband the leagues.

The number one priority for any football fan as we all know is to dress like a chav and act hard by swearing as much as possible at your own players/manager, maybe add a bit of racism in if you can get away with it and give a bit of abuse to any positive fan there might be around you.

Plenty of cracking fans in NO1 but also plenty of prats who fit that description, definitely the reason I moved. Can only assume you're one of them if the sight of Rovers fans having fun and supporting the team at the other end of the ground provokes such hostility.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds fans seem to have decided that after 2 games of this season. And all because of a lack of investment this summer, hardly compares to what we Rovers fans have had to endure and yet we do nothing.

Something needs to be done, chanting the likes of 'Venky's out' is hardly booing the players as it's aim is quite clear.

Imagine the victim of a road traffic accident, badly injured, one arm amputated with the other arm and both legs broken, and in a coma. Vital signs - not good.

The reckless driver who caused the accident is in the waiting room, debating about whether they can get the money for medical bills, a prosthetic arm, and general care for the next few years while the victim gets back on their feet - or alternatively seek out a good Samaritan who will take on the responsibility of doing it for them. They've made a few token gestures to the victim's family to try to keep the peace and buy a bit of time.

Do you force their hand into turning of the life-support machine?

We are in a very precarious position right now. My hope? That Venky's get seriously interested in running the club and making it successful - or find a very rich football loving person/group to sell to.

Ironically, this is kind of what I wanted the Trust to do - right before they went and sold us (down the river).

Yeah cause who'd wanna wave a flag or get behind their team at football, what an absurd idea! If anyone ever brings a rattle or a scarf to a game they may as well disband the leagues.

The number one priority for any football fan as we all know is to dress like a chav and act hard by swearing as much as possible at your own players/manager, maybe add a bit of racism in if you can get away with it and give a bit of abuse to any positive fan there might be around you.

Plenty of cracking fans in NO1 but also plenty of prats who fit that description, definitely the reason I moved. Can only assume you're one of them if the sight of Rovers fans having fun and supporting the team at the other end of the ground provokes such hostility.

I've been getting behind the team for the past 20 odd years thanks. He has a problem with "knob heads" in the stand he sits in, not me.

Imagine the victim of a road traffic accident, badly injured, one arm amputated with the other arm and both legs broken, and in a coma. Vital signs - not good.

The reckless driver who caused the accident is in the waiting room, debating about whether they can get the money for medical bills, a prosthetic arm, and general care for the next few years while the victim gets back on their feet - or alternatively seek out a good Samaritan who will take on the responsibility of doing it for them. They've made a few token gestures to the victim's family to try to keep the peace and buy a bit of time.

Do you force their hand into turning of the life-support machine?

We are in a very precarious position right now. My hope? That Venky's get seriously interested in running the club and making it successful - or find a very rich football loving person/group to sell to.

Ironically, this is kind of what I wanted the Trust to do - right before they went and sold us (down the river).

Seems a bit extreme and I highly doubt any family with their son/daughter in that situation would accept a free pie as compo.

So basically your saying we should just wait and see and hope?

Haven't we been doing that for the last year? If doing things the normal way aren't working, do you carry on doing the same or do you try something else?

I know where I sit, something different needs to be done.

I'm just worried that they won't be able to sell and will just completely lose interest and cut funding completely.

Or worse still sell to a complete chancer.

We all think it couldn't be any worse but really it could! :(

I'm just worried that they won't be able to sell and will just completely lose interest and cut funding completely.

Or worse still sell to a complete chancer.

We all think it couldn't be any worse but really it could! :(

I look at it like this:

I have a very rich family member and if he were to pass on, I would want his legacy to thrive and continue as he desired. At the end of the day I would see it as my duty to him and his memory.

So lets say I couldn't run manage his legacy as he wanted, so I look to pass it on to another pair of hands who represent his ideals, ethoses and so on and can continue to ensure his legacy thrives.

After the sale I discover (seriously background checks will only reap so many clues) that it was all claptrap and crap.

I would want the legacy back regardless of it's state as at the end of the day it's my duty to do so.

Your right it could get worse, but.

Venky's have been here one year and in that time they've turned the club inside out and shaken it all about, with disastrous consequences. It may not force them to sell, it may force them to with hold funds, but they've already done that, just look at our summer business. I think they really need to given a kick up the arse and despite the reading of these and other boards, nothing has happened. I honestly think that they don't think all the fans are like us, so if all the fans show that they are furious with whats going on at a match, through chanting then it's something they cannot ignore. 25,000 odd singing that they are disillusioned with Venky's and unhappy at what they have done for me seems about the only way to force something different from them. If that turns out to be no more funds or something else so be it, as things cannot really get much worse than they are at present.

Maji my friend, Give them time :lol:

I remember a salesman employed by one of my companies, the sales manager gave him three months to come up with the goods, he didnt, so it was goodbye!!

How long this lot need to be judged is anyones guess, its a bit like if they dont succeed, give them more time, same with Kean, in reality, NOW is the time, they have been judged as a failure by the majority, sell up and move on!!

There's a lot of posts on the BBC sport website saying "don't blame Kean, blame the owners', but that's missing the point really.

Kean is part of the Venky's problem. But whilst getting rid of the owners would require someone to want to buy the club, at least it would be easier to find someone - anyone vaguely competent - who'd want to manage our club.

What can we do when the owners think the Sun shines out of Kean's arse....are they even aware of the fans despair?

Our owners know NOTHING about football and we have a complete chancer masquerading as our manager,seriously,what chance have we got here?

:(

Has there been any large anti Kean chanting? Any Kean out banners? Any marches on Ewood?

Do Venky's even know how unpopular the manager is?

There's a lot of posts on the BBC sport website saying "don't blame Kean, blame the owners', but that's missing the point really.

Kean is part of the Venky's problem. But whilst getting rid of the owners would require someone to want to buy the club, at least it would be easier to find someone - anyone vaguely competent - who'd want to manage our club.

People say that sacking Kean would cost venkys money in paying him compensation. But I cannot see him being on wages simular to big Sam. Therefore the compo package for Kean should not be that much. Yet he is still here.

But the costs would be in the appointment of a new manager. Venkys know nowt about football - though they have brought in people at the club to help them. But these also have their hands tied.

Replacing the manager is a lot easier than getting venkys to sell the club. Some negative venky publicity in India would help a great deal.

I look at it like this:

I have a very rich family member and if he were to pass on, I would want his legacy to thrive and continue as he desired. At the end of the day I would see it as my duty to him and his memory.

So lets say I couldn't run manage his legacy as he wanted, so I look to pass it on to another pair of hands who represent his ideals, ethoses and so on and can continue to ensure his legacy thrives.

After the sale I discover (seriously background checks will only reap so many clues) that it was all claptrap and crap.

I would want the legacy back regardless of it's state as at the end of the day it's my duty to do so.

Your right it could get worse, but.

Venky's have been here one year and in that time they've turned the club inside out and shaken it all about, with disastrous consequences. It may not force them to sell, it may force them to with hold funds, but they've already done that, just look at our summer business. I think they really need to given a kick up the arse and despite the reading of these and other boards, nothing has happened. I honestly think that they don't think all the fans are like us, so if all the fans show that they are furious with whats going on at a match, through chanting then it's something they cannot ignore. 25,000 odd singing that they are disillusioned with Venky's and unhappy at what they have done for me seems about the only way to force something different from them. If that turns out to be no more funds or something else so be it, as things cannot really get much worse than they are at present.

Wednesday would be the ideal time v sheff weds. Due to a lower division club playing a premiership club in the carling cup. The match is likely to get a lot of media coverage. Premiership safety is worth more to the club than the carling cup. I suggest for this season folk who can, turn up for the simple purpose of anti Venkys and Kean chanting. If it unsettles the players in this match, so be it - this is a match worth sacrificing. But a prem match is not.

Wednesday would be the ideal time v sheff weds. Due to a lower division club playing a premiership club in the carling cup. The match is likely to get a lot of media coverage. Premiership safety is worth more to the club than the carling cup. I suggest for this season folk who can, turn up for the simple purpose of anti Venkys and Kean chanting. If it unsettles the players in this match, so be it - this is a match worth sacrificing. But a prem match is not.

No match is Pafell, you just don't do it during a match, end of.

Before and after, yes, during, absolutely not, and knowing Rovers fans, they would rather not turn up than protest, sad but true

Before and after, yes, during, absolutely not, and knowing Rovers fans, they would rather not turn up than protest, sad but true

If when the highlights are on all that can be heard is 'Kean out' or Venky's you don't know what your doing' etc etc, then regardless it will hit the world press. No it's not the right thing to do, not at all, but sometimes the right thing doesn't get the desired goal. Our owners live 1000's of miles away and if a protest is to take place it must be heard there. I assume they watch highlights as do the media there as well, the sound of a match doesn't get edited out so it will be heard in Pune.

If when the highlights are on all that can be heard is 'Kean out' or Venky's you don't know what your doing' etc etc, then regardless it will hit the world press. No it's not the right thing to do, not at all, but sometimes the right thing doesn't get the desired goal. Our owners live 1000's of miles away and if a protest is to take place it must be heard there. I assume they watch highlights as do the media there as well, the sound of a match doesn't get edited out so it will be heard in Pune.

My only gripe with this would be (if he dare now) if he plays some of the younger players to see how they cope with first team football!!

However, I dont know if he dare put an understrength team out!! Well, who knows, I cant figure this guy or Venkys out at all!!

Stange thing is, I have friends who are Indian, they are nice intelligent people, wonder why Venkys dont fall into that catagory?

My only gripe with this would be (if he dare now) if he plays some of the younger players to see how they cope with first team football!!

However, I dont know if he dare put an understrength team out!! Well, who knows, I cant figure this guy or Venkys out at all!!

Stange thing is, I have friends who are Indian, they are nice intelligent people, wonder why Venkys dont fall into that catagory?

I would have to agree with that as we have some good young kids there at present, even if we have too many in our youth squad at present (26 odd).

But he needs a win, desperately. Who knows what Kean will do? As for Venky's if all your life you've just gotten what you ask for and you've never had to earn it, well what can one expect.

I dunno, it goes against most of my believes and values, but it's far from a normal situation and as you say who knows how/what the chicken overlords think.

I have no issue with having a go about the owners during the match, just not the playing side (And yes that includes the manager, who I think should step aside BTW)

It's Venky's you need to affect, not Kean or the players.

At the moment, they are hiding behind Kean.

I'm in BBE NO2 and will do my bit.

I have no issue with having a go about the owners during the match, just not the playing side (And yes that includes the manager, who I think should step aside BTW)

It's Venky's you need to affect, not Kean or the players.

At the moment, they are hiding behind Kean.

I'm in BBE NO2 and will do my bit.

I think perhaps that's a better way forward, although if the players really don't support Kean, then perhaps calling for his head won't have the negative affect on the players that some might think.

At the end of the day something needs to be done/said during the game so it reaches the loons in pune.

In a normal situation I would agree with you. But the situation Rovers are in now means prem survival has to be the number one target. Without that there is NO CLUB. With Kean in charge and the current idiotic owners, that is in danger of being lost.

Supporters need to get their voice heard, they need a platform. For this season, sod the carling cup, for the sake of prem safety and change in managment. There is normally a lower attendance for these matches anyway, which shows the interest in it in itself.

A new manager - I hope a lot better than Kean - is worth more to Rovers than winning the carling cup.

As somebody just bought some of the "Kean Out" T-Shirts we did last season (don't complain, we did some "I'm backing Kean" ones too) it's just reminded me that we added a load more last week but forgot to tell everyone

http://brfcs.spreadshirt.co.uk/

(usual disclaimer, these are all managed by a third party, we don't deal with the money, the manufacturing or the shipping, but we do get roughly a quid from each one sold to help fund the site).

Archived