BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anti Kean and anti Venky chanting

Hands up who likes Steve Kean!

Hands up who like Venkys!

Ok that's one Mrs Desai. So if we don't want 'em here why not say so.

Most fans yesterday spent the second half either sat on their hands in silent acceptance or with their head in their hands, letting loose the occasion frustrated tirade. (Or recovering from a headache after recieving 1000 decibels of anti-boo music)

Yet we all know where the problems lie. The last few games of 2010-11 were not the time for such sentiments to be voiced I accept. So surely now is the time to make our views known.

Once fans turn on the manager and especially on the board action usually follows.

Come on lets shake ourselves out of this apathy and give it some in future. Sing for the team and against the maanagement.

Yeah lets turn on the board. Maybe they'll sack themselves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never tell another fan whether they should boo or cheer, sing or not, shout for a new manager/owners or not.

That's up to you once you have paid your money.

I am just surprised the consensus of discontent has not really been vocalised at Ewood.

However, at the moment the atmosphere is quiet and subdued as if we have accepted out fete.

I think we need to make some noise one way or the other.

Why is it Keans fault though? We played some good football, if we had Samba and Nelsen at cb and N'Zonzi in cm it would have probably been a completely different game.

But it wasn't because our squad is paper thin and full of dead weight (Grella, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts etc etc etc)

We need to strengthen fast the blame lies firmly with the owners

sorry roversmum, they did, where i was, in the blackburn end, there was alot of it, not saying it rang around the ground.

You're sat in knob head corner aren't you? (block 1)

Because where I sit in the BBE (block 3) there was a few chants of Steve Keans blue & White army happening all around us.

People need to get a grip, we've lost one game and already 'fans' are calling for Keans head. We had major defensive problems yesterday, it was out of Keans hands yesterday and for me he couldn't have done more than he did.

Many of us were calling for kean's head last season.

I'll support my team thru thick and thin. Support Kean and the Chickens - NEVER!

You're sat in knob head corner aren't you? (block 1)

Because where I sit in the BBE (block 3) there was a few chants of Steve Keans blue & White army happening all around us.

I am also sat in 'knob head' corner Arran. Unfortunately all the seats had gone in the 'super intellectual seating section for superior beings' where you reside, although why your membership has not been rescinded is anyones guess.

I heard a diluted chant for Steve Kean's blue and white army on the BE with about 15 minutes gone in the 2nd half. It was not picked up by other singers on that end of the ground. Thought the chant was a little strange, why celebrate mediocrity, but each to their own.

I also heard, I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Steve Kean's a w----r I wanna go home. After I stopped singing, I went home...;)

I would never tell another fan whether they should boo or cheer, sing or not, shout for a new manager/owners or not.

That's up to you once you have paid your money.

I am just surprised the consensus of discontent has not really been vocalised at Ewood.

However, at the moment the atmosphere is quiet and subdued as if we have accepted out fete.

I think we need to make some noise one way or the other.

Subdued is the right word--------and with a touch of helplessness. WE KNOW WHAT'S ON THE CARDS EVEN IF THE MANGER AND OWNERS DON'T.

People need to look at the bigger picture. Kean isn't the major problem here. If Venky's dont allow him to spend money then he can't spend money. I'm pretty damn sure he's been wanting to spend decent money during the entire window but Venky's have, for one reason or another, refused to allow funds to be spent.

In a nutshell, if Kean is fired, nothing will change. The serious problem we face is the lack of quality players.

There is no way on earth any manager could have picked a decent side out of the squad we had on Saturday, and I dont believe for one minute that Kean was happy about it.

If we had more players, better players, and Kean wasn't getting the best out of them, then its a different issue. But I dont see him being the major flaw here.

Fundamentally, the team we had out on the weekend wasn't good enough to beat Wolves regardless of subs, tactics or anything else. Look at our bench, probably the weakest bench I've ever seen from a Rovers perspective. I dont blame Kean for that.

If Venky's aren't spending money then its not Kean's fault, and negative chants will help absolutely nobody. If you support the team then you'll chant for their support, because the players are the ones who are going to hear you, not Venky's.

People need to look at the bigger picture. Kean isn't the major problem here. If Venky's dont allow him to spend money then he can't spend money. I'm pretty damn sure he's been wanting to spend decent money during the entire window but Venky's have, for one reason or another, refused to allow funds to be spent.

In a nutshell, if Kean is fired, nothing will change. The serious problem we face is the lack of quality players.

There is no way on earth any manager could have picked a decent side out of the squad we had on Saturday, and I dont believe for one minute that Kean was happy about it.

If we had more players, better players, and Kean wasn't getting the best out of them, then its a different issue. But I dont see him being the major flaw here.

Fundamentally, the team we had out on the weekend wasn't good enough to beat Wolves regardless of subs, tactics or anything else. Look at our bench, probably the weakest bench I've ever seen from a Rovers perspective. I dont blame Kean for that.

If Venky's aren't spending money then its not Kean's fault, and negative chants will help absolutely nobody. If you support the team then you'll chant for their support, because the players are the ones who are going to hear you, not Venky's.

Couldn't agree more.

So this is a manager who has signed Myles Anderton and we'd be alright but for the owners?

So this is a manager who has signed Myles Anderton and we'd be alright but for the owners?

Who cares about Myles Anderson? Who's he pushing out of the team that's so good? How much did he cost?

The real issue is that the squad needs strengthening desperately, and the manager has had to work with one hand tied behind his back this summer. One minute we have a substantial budget, then we don't, then we receive £16m for Phil Jones, then it's used to pay off the bank. No wonder our transfer dealings have been so inconsistent.

Then we start the first game of the season without the spine of our team and narrowly lose by one goal. It's difficult for any manager to work under those circumstances, even one as green as Steve Kean.

If Kean was the only problem with Rovers at the moment then there would be very little to be concerned about in comparison. The fact is that there are far far greater problems than Kean being manager. Thats why chanting for Kean to be fired is missing the point entirely. A better manager wouldn't do well with the squad we have at the moment.

When the squad is considerably strengthened then we can start thinking about whether Kean is getting the best out of the resources at his disposal. At the minute the team isn't good enough to stay up with or without Kean.

I am also sat in 'knob head' corner Arran. Unfortunately all the seats had gone in the 'super intellectual seating section for superior beings' where you reside, although why your membership has not been rescinded is anyones guess.

I heard a diluted chant for Steve Kean's blue and white army on the BE with about 15 minutes gone in the 2nd half. It was not picked up by other singers on that end of the ground. Thought the chant was a little strange, why celebrate mediocrity, but each to their own.

I also heard, I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Steve Kean's a w----r I wanna go home. After I stopped singing, I went home...;)

Just highlighting :)

It isn't just one game though, is it?

It's part of a bigger picture, a long-term trend of this club getting weaker and struggling to accumulate wins as we haemmorhage players and administrators.

It's a stark picture, really. Bring in 5 or so players in the next week and somehow manage to make them gel with what we already have. We may be OK, but it takes a lot to make that many changes and get it to work, even with a half-decent manager.

Or we stay as we are and go down in spectacular fashion.

Can't spell it out any clearer than that.

Post of the day Bryan. You'd have to be a moron to claim the reaction on here was allied to the first game of the season. It's all the stress and bother from last season, and all our fears rubber stamped by our lack of activity in the transfer market (despite having 17m to play with), clueless owners and a cretin on the touchline.

Imbeciles, who think that renaming a stand will paper over the cracks.

This is honestly as low as I've felt since we were in the old Division 2 with Kidd then Parkes as manager. In fact, it feels worse because that time I knew someone was in charge who was hurting and would try to put it right. And at least knew enough about football to have a good chance of putting it right.

I'm both angry and very depressed at the same time.

The only pressure that Venkys will understand is a clear message from the supporters at a televised match seen in India. The fans will only have themselves to blame if a coordinated campaign is not in place for the home match v Arsenal on 17 September - by which time I fully expect still to be on nil points. Can I suggest "V" for Venkys where the "V" is clearly not a Churchillian victory gesture and that this is given by all the fans wherever the camera happens to be focused at throw-ins etc. Venkys have clearly seen Rovers as a publicity stunt to promote their own business. The best way to force them out - and when the transfer deadline has passed what is there to lose?- is to give them a blast of massively bad publicity. A campaign of this sort has a novelty that will be sure to attract media attention.

The only pressure that Venkys will understand is a clear message from the supporters at a televised match seen in India. The fans will only have themselves to blame if a coordinated campaign is not in place for the home match v Arsenal on 17 September - by which time I fully expect still to be on nil points. Can I suggest "V" for Venkys where the "V" is clearly not a Churchillian victory gesture and that this is given by all the fans wherever the camera happens to be focused at throw-ins etc. Venkys have clearly seen Rovers as a publicity stunt to promote their own business. The best way to force them out - and when the transfer deadline has passed what is there to lose?- is to give them a blast of massively bad publicity. A campaign of this sort has a novelty that will be sure to attract media attention.

V t shirts for sale 6 quid! lol

This is honestly as low as I've felt since we were in the old Division 2 with Kidd then Parkes as manager. In fact, it feels worse because that time I knew someone was in charge who was hurting and would try to put it right. And at least knew enough about football to have a good chance of putting it right.

I'm both angry and very depressed at the same time.

Not just that but even when we went down we could see the talent that was going to take us back up. Duff, Dunn and Jansen were all big positives in our relegation season. Now Jones has gone, Hoilett and Olsson will leave if we go down (and Hoilett may yet not sign a new contract anyway), Hanley looks decent enough but apart from that we have no exciting youth right now. Plenty of promising names from the youth team but nothing so far that looked remotely like those three last time round.

Archived