BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

I hesitate in getting involved in this because such conversation on here never have a happy ending, but I’m aware of several people who won’t attend games whilst those ****** are running the club :angry:

It’s sadly a fact, and shouldn’t detract from the thread, shocking for me :blush:

So Braddock is right in some respects and shouldn't be hammered for saying what some of us are thinking.

I'm dying to know what was *'d out.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's the second sentence that I'd have to back up since the first was a question. Do you wish me to explain my second sentence?

I'd rather you explained your first sentence. You added a question mark which suggests that you believe there were positives last season. If I'm wrong about that then please ignore, but if I'm right about it it'd be nice for you to enlighten me on the positives of last season.

I'd rather you explained your first sentence. You added a question mark which suggests that you believe there were positives last season. If I'm wrong about that then please ignore, but if I'm right about it it'd be nice for you to enlighten me on the positives of last season.

I can answer that one booth - We stayed up :tu:

Now I've backed up your point, don't make me look a **** for doing so ;)

Gav you deserve a gold star for your stance so far, but please dont stoop to some fool claiming that people are staying away on racist grounds.

Gav you deserve a gold star for your stance so far, but please dont stoop to some fool claiming that people are staying away on racist grounds.

You know what JAL, I never get involved in talk like this, ever, but I know people that are staying away because of owners skin color :(

I wish I didn't, but I do.

There were some positives. Some valuable points against good opposition in which we played as a team (Liverpool and Manchester United), surviving a hellish injury crisis at the start of Kean's tenure, managing an away victory and some better football. It wasn't perfect but there were positive signs, even if there were also some negative ones.

To say that not one single person hasn't stopped because of the ethnicity of the owners is bizarre. I know of two myself. I don't know them personally but I have been witness to their racist ramblings in public houses. What don't you understand about an earlier post of mine that said it wasn't simply racists who weren't going any more, but a variety of people? How is saying this stooping in any way shape or form?

Out of 3000, how many have that as a reason?

A smokescreen nicely put up by Braddock to deflect away from the fact that we have lost a big chunk of ST holders on Venky's and Kean's watch.

A smokescreen? Hahahaha. Why would I bother doing that? As if I need one. I stated other reasons too, some of which were justified if you believe certain things. I don't care how many people have stopped going. It is their loss. I'm here to support my team and if things go well I know they'll come crawling back anyway. If they don't go well I'm still going to witness it.

Because you find it hard to beleive that ST sales were never an issue under the Slug and Trust, but under our esteemed new owners and manager who likes to 'play football the right way' we have lost thousands.

Not really. It's understandable. I hated Allardyce's football but I stayed to watch it because I am a Rovers fan. A decent percentage of the ones who have stopped going at the moment obviously don't look past winning when it comes to football, and I have sympathy that they can't watch the sport in the same way that I do when it comes to my loved club.

There were some positives. Some valuable points against good opposition in which we played as a team (Liverpool and Manchester United), surviving a hellish injury crisis at the start of Kean's tenure, managing an away victory and some better football. It wasn't perfect but there were positive signs, even if there were also some negative ones.

I'd be lying to myself if I could see things that way. What you're describing there is pretty much Sam Allardyces reign, apart from we picked up more points under him. I was by no means a fan of Allardyce but at least he knew what he was doing. I've yet to have any such belief in Kean.

I've said it before but this playing better football is a total smokescreen helped by Kean talking a good game. It rarely happens on the pitch though. We've played well in a small amount of matches under Kean, but more often than not we continue to hoof it and struggle to retain the ball just like the worst of times under Allardyce. The difference is that we were pretty solid at home under SA.

How many games should he be given before he gets the boot? I'd have him out of the job now personally, damaging as it would be to be rid of him this close to the end of the transfer window I think it would be much more damaging to keep him.

I'd be lying to myself if I could see things that way. What you're describing there is pretty much Sam Allardyces reign, apart from we picked up more points under him. I was by no means a fan of Allardyce but at least he knew what he was doing. I've yet to have any such belief in Kean.

I've said it before but this playing better football is a total smokescreen helped by Kean talking a good game. It rarely happens on the pitch though. We've played well in a small amount of matches under Kean, but more often than not we continue to hoof it and struggle to retain the ball just like the worst of times under Allardyce. The difference is that we were pretty solid at home under SA.

How many games should he be given before he gets the boot? I'd have him out of the job now personally, damaging as it would be to be rid of him this close to the end of the transfer window I think it would be much more damaging to keep him.

I've explained the difference between long ball and hoofing several times, I'm not going to do it again.

How are the things I listed not positive? It doesn't matter if you feel Allardyce did some of those things too, they are still positive. To say there was nothing positive is ridiculous. I should only have to say the word Hoilett if I'm honest.

I don't think there is a set number of games to give it. I think t's just common sense, but requesting this on here is probably a bad idea.

Not really. It's understandable. I hated Allardyce's football but I stayed to watch it because I am a Rovers fan. A decent percentage of the ones who have stopped going at the moment obviously don't look past winning when it comes to football, and I have sympathy that they can't watch the sport in the same way that I do when it comes to my loved club.

Such a patronising beggar.

No, the reason we have lost so many is because people are sick of the farce that BRFC currently resembles. I find it demoralising that the work we hace done to increase the crowds has now gone into reverse, but yeah its hardly suprising.

I've explained the difference between long ball and hoofing several times, I'm not going to do it again.

Please do...

Such a patronising beggar.

No, the reason we have lost so many is because people are sick of the farce that BRFC currently resembles. I find it demoralising that the work we hace done to increase the crowds has now gone into reverse, but yeah its hardly suprising.

Please do...

And you tell other people not to bite...

How are the things I listed not positive? It doesn't matter if you feel Allardyce did some of those things too, they are still positive. To say there was nothing positive is ridiculous. I should only have to say the word Hoilett if I'm honest

I don't think there is a set number of games to give it. I think t's just common sense, but requesting this on here is probably a bad idea.

Spot on, and I would have simply done exactly that. I also agree that there are people who haven't renewed their STs because we are owned by Indians, and no other reason. Sadly. I know some of them.

You don't need to because I know the difference. Against Wolves we were hoofing the ball as we did with Sam in charge. Against Villa we did the same. We're in possession, we commit players, we hoof it, we lose it, opposition break and we're under pressure, repeat.

To say there was nothing positive is ridiculous.

The small number of positives from last season were not Steve Kean's doing.

I don't know anyone who has stopped going because of race issues thankfully, but I know many more than three who have stopped going because of the present manager.

Strangely enough many of those said they hated Allardyces football but still went to the games.

Its time for the bad joke to come to an end, can anyone give me a good reason why Kean deserves my support anymore?

Before anyone says it yes I will always support my club and anyone who works to further my club but Steve is not that man.

He has tried his best but he is a coach and maybe he is a very good coach but he is NOT a manager, yet at least. He may be one some day but schools out. We need a manager NOW because as it stands we are destined for the championship. I have never ever said I want a manager sacked but he has to go and the sooner the better.

I love this club and it hurts to see where we are and where we are going. Frustration is an emotion I never really understood until now.

If people disagree with me I understand but this is how I truely feel and words will not change it, only actions.

Rovers forever!

But times up.................................................

This almost deserves it's own thread.

Direct quote from the manager.

"...it's getting towards having the back four that we had last year, which proved to be solid and reliable last season..."

This statement raises two questions for me.

Firstly, he is clearly delusional and needs urgent medication, may I recomment Bromperidol.

Secondly, why has Cryer allowed this statement to go unchallenged? If he isn't going to contradict him direct at least try to contextualise it or put some counter argument. If he said the moon was a giant meat pie in the night sky surely the Telegraph would put forward some alternative theories such as that is actually made of rock? If he said his drink was spiked by George Best or that he only had a glass of wine and not a bottle of vodka (in some hypothetical court case), surely the prosecution counsel would try to counter this?

I have just checked our results on the official Rovers website (as others clearly cannot be trusted) and it does seem to show that we had some defensive issues last season Karl.

We were definately not "solid" and the only thing we could rely on was a regular tonking.

Plastic Head - I noticed that too, someone really needs to start a Kean's Quotes section to record all the drivel he comes out with.

Can't believe he's claiming credit for us being solid last season which was mainly when Big Sam was manager!!!

Plus that was the same defence that leaked 7 at Old Trafford!

Plastic Head - I noticed that too, someone really needs to start a Kean's Quotes section to record all the drivel he comes out with.

Keanfucias says... man who crosses ocean twice without washing is dirty double crosser!

Archived