BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

This almost deserves it's own thread.

Direct quote from the manager.

"...it's getting towards having the back four that we had last year, which proved to be solid and reliable last season..."

This statement raises two questions for me.

Firstly, he is clearly delusional and needs urgent medication, may I recomment Bromperidol.

Secondly, why has Cryer allowed this statement to go unchallenged? If he isn't going to contradict him direct at least try to contextualise it or put some counter argument. If he said the moon was a giant meat pie in the night sky surely the Telegraph would put forward some alternative theories such as that is actually made of rock? If he said his drink was spiked by George Best or that he only had a glass of wine and not a bottle of vodka (in some hypothetical court case), surely the prosecution counsel would try to counter this?

I have just checked our results on the official Rovers website (as others clearly cannot be trusted) and it does seem to show that we had some defensive issues last season Karl.

We were definately not "solid" and the only thing we could rely on was a regular tonking.

It is getting closer to last season when the players come back, and the defence will certainly be a lot stronger than this season. We've been known for our defence and how reliable it is in the past, including last season when you take into account the first half of the season where we played tactics that invited constant pressure (incidentally the only time of the season we received a proper tonking) and the injury crisis of Kean's early tenure. If you look at the last eight games we only conceded more than one goal in two games, conceding two goals against Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal combined. Looks like he had got it relatively solid to me by the end, only to start the season with an understrength side once more.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is getting closer to last season when the players come back, and the defence will certainly be a lot stronger than this season. We've been known for our defence and how reliable it is in the past, including last season when you take into account the first half of the season where we played tactics that invited constant pressure (incidentally the only time of the season we received a proper tonking) and the injury crisis of Kean's early tenure. If you look at the last eight games we only conceded more than one goal in two games, conceding two goals against Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal combined. Looks like he had got it relatively solid to me by the end, only to start the season with an understrength side once more.

That would explain why we are bottom of the table with null point then

That would explain why we are bottom of the table with null point then

And if you would like to read my post again you'll note we've started this season with an under strength defence which is out of Kean's control.

No Samba or Givet, and Nelsen for one game so far. That was the whole point of what Kean said and what we are discussing. Us getting back to the defence of last season. We have been playing with a different centre back pairing for both games, neither of which were used last season (as far as I'm aware. Perghaps Nelsen and Hanley made an appearance or something, but I can't remember a full 90 minutes of them).

Jesus Christ, this is my last pre-game post since I have to answer to oxygen thieves like this.

Here's hoping for a positive result and hopefully a look at the new boy. Looking forward to today, but like any game against Everton it's going to be hard. I'll be there to support the lads, as always.

Because true supporters love venkys with all their heart! venkys are the heart of our club and kean is the right hand.

pillock

And if you would like to read my post again you'll note we've started this season with an under strength defence which is out of Kean's control.

No Samba or Givet, and Nelsen for one game so far.

WHOSE FAULT IS IT FOR NOT STRENGHTENING THE DEFENCE AFTER JONES WENT????

[quote name='booth' timestamp='1314385412' post='1132961'

The small number of positives from last season were not Steve Kean's doing.

And, in any case, did not make up for the greater number and significance of the negatives.

No Samba or Givet, and Nelsen for one game so far. That was the whole point of what Kean said and what we are discussing. Us getting back to the defence of last season. We have been playing with a different centre back pairing for both games, neither of which were used last season (as far as I'm aware. Perghaps Nelsen and Hanley made an appearance or something, but I can't remember a full 90 minutes of them).

Jesus Christ, this is my last pre-game post since I have to answer to oxygen thieves like this.

Here's hoping for a positive result and hopefully a look at the new boy. Looking forward to today, but like any game against Everton it's going to be hard. I'll be there to support the lads, as always.

This post has been edited by braddock: 56 minutes ago

pillock

WHOSE FAULT IS IT FOR NOT STRENGHTENING THE DEFENCE AFTER JONES WENT????

Just what I was about to ask too ABBEY, if the manager has any management qualities it would have been sorted

Because true supporters love venkys with all their heart! venkys are the heart of our club and kean is the right hand.

And where in Pune do you lve again?

I KNOW KAMY !

he is a venky plant i think.

you mean like a vegetable

True supporters wont protest. Get behind our owners (who have pumped plenty of money in for transfers) BIG BAD VENKYS BLUE N WHITE ARMY

Utterly nauseating (unless you're taking the p***).

No true supporter should continue to support what's going on at our club.

If you look at the last eight games we only conceded more than one goal in two games, conceding two goals against Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal combined. Looks like he had got it relatively solid to me by the end, only to start the season with an understrength side once more.

This coincided with Phil Jones returning from injury? Or do you believe this to be pure coincidence so you can convince yourself it was because Keans tactics finally kicked in?

Ha, outed yourself there mate. Would rather be at bottom of prem than fizzy pop league.

Archived