BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav is not capable of giving anyone a kicking, especially not me, he's a pussycat. I would I ask for your opinion of a bigger picture, you posted not me, what is the bigger picture you see, I didnt say it, you did, I really am intrigued at what you are seeing as the bigger picture!

I just would really and respectfully be interested in your views, each time I have asked you a question, yoiu dont appear capable of answering, I am really quite interested as to what you are seeing?

Actually Kelbo,I was responding to Mattyblue's assertion that only some on here are capable of seeing the 'bigger picture'.

I've already said elsewhere that I'm prepared to give Kean some time after the tranfer window closes to see if he can get 'his' team winning and picking up points. If he can't,he goes.

Clear enough?

Actually Kelbo,I was responding to Mattyblue's assertion that only some on here are capable of seeing the 'bigger picture'.

I've already said elsewhere that I'm prepared to give Kean some time after the tranfer window closes to see if he can get 'his' team winning and picking up points. If he can't,he goes.

Clear enough?

Thats better, thats all I was asking!

Not one of us, not a solitary one wanted Kean as Manager. I didn't even want Allardyce sacked. Many of us would like owners who have a clue and aren't fumbling around in the dark too.

Venkys are the only owners we have or are likely to have. They were the only one's prepared to invest in Rovers whilst the Walker Trust snatched the money and got out of Dodge in a cloud of dust.

Kean has seemingly been given a remit to move us on from the prosaic, soul crushing cynicism of the Allardyce era and make us more appealing to the millions in India. He clearly isn't sufficiently experienced to undertake such a huge task. His appointment was another mistake by our owners, especially in December from a mid table position.

Kean isn't going anywhere in the short term is he? So why not try and giving him the backing he so clearly needs? Bringing up losing streaks, comparing him to Ince, lampooning his appearance helps who exactly? Our rivals?

He's made some daft decisions, baffling at times. He is on the steepest of learning curves so that will happen. Yet, when it really mattered, when it came down to the last game of the season, away at in form Wolves who were battling for their own survival in the Molineaux bearpit, we absolutely battered Wolves for an hour. Signs that he may actually be the good coach some have suggested he is.

Why not try to encourage that then, seeing as he is going nowhere? Not slavishly, he has to be scrutinised and criticised when he stuffs up but why not try to be constructive?

It seems that some prefer posturing negativity, running with the mob and desperately wanting to be right in doing so. This, it seems, is more important than supporting the club.

Fair enough I suppose, it's a free internet. Just don't expect to get a free run of it on here.

Gav is not capable of giving anyone a kicking, especially not me, he's a pussycat.

You are clearly now trying to save face kelbo and it’s getting a little embarrassing , I've been saying all day that our 'spat' is over, just give it a rest please, you snipes are getting boring.

Because I don't see how backing him would make any difference. He was backed for most of last season and how were we rewarded for that backing? The worst run our football club has seen in my lifetime (25 years). Not even Ince, Hodgson or Kidd had a run like that.

Last game of the season showed he was a great coach? 3-0 up but then almost threw the game away in the second half.

Kean hasn't done anywhere near enough for me to consider reassessing my viewpoint on him. The guy comes out with stupid comments that infuriate me on a weekly basis. The guy is from what i've seen a tactically inept manager- he drops players who were in decent form, changes the shape of the team, a fair few players look unfit and we capitulate in the second half far too often. I couldn't give a fig what he looks like, but don't get me started on the off the field antics.

I'll back him alright, i'll back him to take us into the Championship.

It's going to take one hell of a run of decent form for me to ever reconsider what I think of our 'Coach', he's that ###### I refuse to call him our manager. In fact I feel ashamed and embarrassed this clueless numpty is in charge of our club.

Because I don't see how backing him would make any difference. He was backed for most of last season and how were we rewarded for that backing? The worst run our football club had seen in my lifetime (25 years). Not even Ince, Hodgson or Kidd had a run like that.

Last game of the season showed he was a great coach? 3-0 up but then almost threw the game away in the second half.

Kean hasn't done anywhere near enough for me to consider reassessing my viewpoint on him. The guy comes out with stupid comments that infuriate me on a weekly basis. The guy is from what i've seen a tactically inept manager- he drops players who were in decent form, changes the shape of the team, a fair few players look unfit and we capitulate in the second half far too often. I couldn't give a fig what he looks like, but don't get me started on the off the field antics.

I'll back him, i'll back him to take us to the Championship.

It's going to take one hell of a run of decent form for me to ever consider what I think of our 'Coach', he's that ###### I refuse to call him our manager. In fact I feel ashamed and embarrassed this clueless numpty is in charge of our club.

Yeah, well done. Whatever. I'll refer you to the final sentence of my previous post.

Yeah, well done. Whatever. I'll refer you to the final sentence of my previous post.

I just don't want to see the club I love fail. I'll admit my post may be a bit aggressive but I genuinely cannot stand the man and fear for the club under his management. The simple fact is from what i've seen so far (not just two games this season but his whole tenure- It's not a knee jerk response) Rovers will struggle under his management and until he is gone I believe we will be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Will this change in the future? Will Kean turn these reults around? Will I have to change my view on him and eat humble pie? I can't rule it out, you really can't rule out anything in football. But as it currently stands I cannot ever see that happening.

I just don't want to see the club I love fail. I'll admit my post may be a bit aggressive but I genuinely cannot stand the man and fear for the club under his management. The simple fact is from what i've seen so far (not just two games this season but his whole tenure- It's not a knee jerk response) Rovers will struggle under his tenure and until he is gone I believe we will be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Will this change in the future? Will Kean turn these reults around? Will I have to change my view on him and eat humble pie? I can't rule it out, you really can't rule out anything in football. But as it currently stands I cannot ever see that happening.

I couldn't stand Ince and never wanted him as our manager. I backed him for as long as possible because I love Rovers and he was our manager.

Because I don't see how backing him would make any difference. He was backed for most of last season and how were we rewarded for that backing? The worst run our football club has seen in my lifetime (25 years). Not even Ince, Hodgson or Kidd had a run like that.

I'll back him alright, i'll back him to take us into the Championship.

A very accurate assessment of Kean and his time "in charge" of Rovers...

It's going to take one hell of a run of decent form for me to ever reconsider what I think of our 'Coach', he's that ###### I refuse to call him our manager. In fact I feel ashamed and embarrassed this clueless numpty is in charge of our club.

I couldn't stand Ince and never wanted him as our manager. I backed him for as long as possible because I love Rovers and he was our manager.

Indeed, then we got to a stage that backing him any longer would be to the detriment of the club. Kean is rapidly hurtling to that position himself, wanting him out because you feel he will take us down is 'backig the club'.

I didn't back Kean when he was appointed and he's done nothing since to earn any backing.

I will back the tean every time though, and it was only their determination that got us safe last year.

Its a difficult one because supporting the team might look to the owners that the fans are behind Kean.

We've got the foundations of a good youthful team but the owners need to realise that Kean is not the man to realise that potential.

I didn't back Kean when he was appointed and he's done nothing since to earn any backing.

I will back the tean every time though, and it was only their determination that got us safe last year.

Its a difficult one because supporting the team might look to the owners that the fans are behind Kean.

We've got the foundations of a good youthful team but the owners need to realise that Kean is not the man to realise that potential.

This. We stayed up last season despite Kean, not because of him.

Did anyone else cringe when watching the smug idiot during his post match interview on Wednesday? He was trying to stifle the biggest smile as if we had just given Man Utd a good hiding. No Steve, just no! It wasn't even Sheffield Wednesday's first team.

I hope that smile was of a man who had been told that he had to win or lose his job, sadly I fear it was not. I think he was actually genuinely over the moon we had won. Dont get me wrong, I am pleased we won as well but not like that.

A second point for you, here is our run of league games coming up (obviously not including the inevitable Villa cup game):-

Everton (H)

Fulham (A)

Arsenal (H)

Newcastle (A)

Man City (H)

QPR (A)

Spurs (H)

Norwich (A)

Chelsea (H)

Wigan (A)

With the current management I can honestly say I think we will only win one of those games, I think most of you would struggle to make a case that we will win 2 or even 3.

Get Kean out now before its too late and the other teams are out of sight.

• Backroom

Criticising Kean for smiling after a win now? Come on people as I've said before there are plently of reasons to have digs at him without making them up.

Indeed, then we got to a stage that backing him any longer would be to the detriment of the club. Kean is rapidly hurtling to that position himself, wanting him out because you feel he will take us down is 'backig the club'.

Kean needs a 'Wigan away' to get the fans to turn, so far the vast majority are still with him.

Criticising Kean for smiling after a win now? Come on people as I've said before there are plently of reasons to have digs at him without making them up.

I didn't criticise him for winning, just his reaction to the win. It almost certainly is a result of my feelings towards him as a manager, which is a result of all the other valid reasons to criticise him.

99% of us can see that he is inept and if he stays in-situ for too long he will jeopardise the future of our club.

Are you sure most fans are still with him? If so, then I wonder what they are seeing that I am not. Most that I know felt from day one we could do much better.

You can only go off what happens when we attend matches, and that onlyonejackwalker is precisely nothing.

No banners

No Kean out chants

No protests

So surely on that assumption, as a set of fans, the vast majority must be happy with things the way they are. Lets not forget it only takes a couple of hundred out of 20k to make a statement, maybe we’ll see that if we lose on Saturday, time will tell.

'Most fans are still with him?' You must be joking! (and I'm not talking brfcs fans either)

So lets see the evidence to support your claim Matty.

Guest Rovers4Good

Not one of us, not a solitary one wanted Kean as Manager. I didn't even want Allardyce sacked. Many of us would like owners who have a clue and aren't fumbling around in the dark too.

Venkys are the only owners we have or are likely to have. They were the only one's prepared to invest in Rovers whilst the Walker Trust snatched the money and got out of Dodge in a cloud of dust.

Kean has seemingly been given a remit to move us on from the prosaic, soul crushing cynicism of the Allardyce era and make us more appealing to the millions in India. He clearly isn't sufficiently experienced to undertake such a huge task. His appointment was another mistake by our owners, especially in December from a mid table position.

Kean isn't going anywhere in the short term is he? So why not try and giving him the backing he so clearly needs? Bringing up losing streaks, comparing him to Ince, lampooning his appearance helps who exactly? Our rivals?

He's made some daft decisions, baffling at times. He is on the steepest of learning curves so that will happen. Yet, when it really mattered, when it came down to the last game of the season, away at in form Wolves who were battling for their own survival in the Molineaux bearpit, we absolutely battered Wolves for an hour. Signs that he may actually be the good coach some have suggested he is.

Why not try to encourage that then, seeing as he is going nowhere? Not slavishly, he has to be scrutinised and criticised when he stuffs up but why not try to be constructive?

It seems that some prefer posturing negativity, running with the mob and desperately wanting to be right in doing so. This, it seems, is more important than supporting the club.

Fair enough I suppose, it's a free internet. Just don't expect to get a free run of it on here.

Love your post and agree in the short term we have to back him as we are stuck with him but that's not saying i want him to stay because i don't and i don't want the owners either they are the evil of Blackburn. :(

Also, just going back to your comments about the game against Wolves, you say we battered them for an hour, well yes we did but do you really think if that time arises again were we are leaving it til the last game that the outcome will be the same? I say NO as we have Chelsea away. So here's hoping Kean or Venks turn it around very quickly.

No banners or chants means he has vast majority support?

Ince never had a negative chant at Ewood but it was pretty clear at the time he wasn't up to it.

Rovers home support just don't seem to have it in them anymore to do the whole chant/banner thing- look at Ince, it took the away support to chant for his head that got things moving, I don't recall the home support being too upset with his removal.

We lose tomorrow and things might change, still can't see it though.

You can only go off what happens when we attend matches, and that onlyonejackwalker is precisely nothing.

No banners

No Kean out chants

No protests

So surely on that assumption, as a set of fans, the vast majority must be happy with things the way they are. Lets not forget it only takes a couple of hundred out of 20k to make a statement, maybe we’ll see that if we lose on Saturday, time will tell.

Come on Gav, you know that the Rovers support is very understanding and patient and for the most always has been. The fact that people are not complaining at matches does not make them happy. How can they be happy when we are either bottom of the league or bottom of the form guide most weeks? It is not rocket science mate.

I believe most don't know what is going on, what will happen, nor what to do about it for the best. Nothing was ever going to happen at the Sheff Wednesday game in terms of protesting about the manager once we were 3-0 up after 10 minutes. But other than banners, protests etc, what options are open to the fans to voice their unease, concern and unhappiness with events at the club?

In an earlier post it was mentioned that we needed a Wigan away debacle to stir emotion. We almost had that last year at home to Blackpool, but thankfully we equalised late doors and rescued a point for us, whilst taking two off them. Vital. The Bolton game could have been that moment, but thankfully they hit the post from 5 yards and we scored 10 minutes later and then held on.

Many are diving on your comments and support Gav, but I am not one of them. And I admire your restraint sometimes.

But clearly the fans are not happy at all and it is silly to suggest they are, just because they are not committing harry carry off the upper tier BE.

Come on Gav, you know that the Rovers support is very understanding and patient and for the most always has been. The fact that people are not complaining at matches does not make them happy. How can they be happy when we are either bottom of the league or bottom of the form guide most weeks? It is not rocket science mate.

I believe most don't know what is going on, what will happen, nor what to do about it for the best. Nothing was ever going to happen at the Sheff Wednesday game in terms of protesting about the manager once we were 3-0 up after 10 minutes. But other than banners, protests etc, what options are open to the fans to voice their unease, concern and unhappiness with events at the club?

In an earlier post it was mentioned that we needed a Wigan away debacle to stir emotion. We almost had that last year at home to Blackpool, but thankfully we equalised late doors and rescued a point for us, whilst taking two off them. Vital. The Bolton game could have been that moment, but thankfully they hit the post from 5 yards and we scored 10 minutes later and then held on.

Many are diving on your comments and support Gav, but I am not one of them. And I admire your restraint sometimes.

But clearly the fans are not happy at all and it is silly to suggest they are, just because they are not committing harry carry off the upper tier BE.

You make some very valid points onlyonejackwalker.

Having been involved in protests in the past, as have others on this site, the feeling can’t be as bad as some are making out or they’d be stood outside the Jack Walker stand demanding for Kean to go. In the past it’s only taken a handful to register their unrest, and that’s been the spark that’s ignited the fire. If people feel so strongly about the situation then this is the way to address it, I myself want him sacked, but I don't feel the need to protest at the moment, plenty have registered on here they do, well go and do it then!

Archived