BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical Rovers fans GAV, NOTHING will happen if we avoid defeat at home, simple as that.

youre right. rovers home support tends to just boo, which doesnt achieve much cos its bland and vague and not aimed at individuals.

our away supporters have been far more vocal and vitriolic towards kean.. than our home fans have.

"steve kean's a w*nker, i wanna go home" etc.

away fans also gave ince the push.. at wigan.

no protests inside ewood park,spring to mind. kidd ,hodgson, and harford all got booed - but i cant remember specific chats aimed at them by large groups of fans.

i remember vividly the "mackay out" protest. large numbers of fans took part in that, but occured outside the ground, after the ipswich game.

maybe that would be an option ??

Anyone remember the Blackburn End "sit down" protest against Oxford around Christmas time 1990? We went three nil down, and the whole Blackburn End just sat on the steps of the terraces - apart from one brave soul who ran on the pitch, sat down and flicked the v's at Don Mackay!

arsene wenger's recent record was very similar too (not counting their win last night).

im not saying- kean is a genius and i want him to stay or anything, just an interesting stat.

But this is the point - Arsene was a proven, respected and experienced manager at that point, so there was always reason to believe that Arsenal would turn it around.

The only thing Kean has proved from the 9 months he's been in charge is that he's tactically inept, a blatent liar and that he's capable of guiding us to our worst EVER run of results in the Premier League (and 20 years prior to that, too).

For the vast, vast majority against Kean it's got nothing to do with who his agent is, how much he plotted behind Big Sam's back or even the proof that he lied in court to try and weasel his way out of a deserved punishment for a crime he clearly committed.

It's about results firstly and how the team look under his guidance.

Aside from beating Sheffield's reserves, Hodgson's Liverpool, a weakened Bolton side and a couple of good wins against WBA, his results have been atrocious.

In terms of the team, we rarely look like we have any shape and players often look confused as to what they are supposed to be doing on the pitch - look how exposed Salgado has been in the first two games this season, for example.

And as for 'playing the right way'...come on, it's largely the same style that Sam played, with less organisation.

Yes, there are the occasional patches of nice tippy-tappy football, but as of yet it clearly hasn't shown any kind of end result.

The team's problems will not go away until Kean is out and an experienced manager is appointed.

I just hope that all these '5/10/20 more games' folk aren't leaving it too late; we could well be out of sight by Xmas.

For me that was the most telling part of the night. When he waved to his masters up above it was hardly the wave of a man who felt under pressure for his job. Clearly Kean has the full backing of the Rao family and it would appear that Anderson has not, despite reports saying otherwise, left the scene. Like it or not our future is now in the hands of the Raos, Kean and Anderson. The strategy would appear to be one of replacing experienced players with young & cheap foreigners. It's a high risk strategy and one that depends on the players settling quickly and the manager being able to find the right tactics to suit the new arrivals.

Personally, I'm coming to the point where I really don't care anymore. After 50 years of following the club I feel that the present set up bears no relation to the Blackburn Rovers that I have loved for over half a century. The Rao's, as a family, have failed miserably to connect with the public of Blackburn and their continued support for Kean merely underlines how little they understand of the consequences that relegation could bring to the club.

As always, the team will continue to have my support - both home and away - but as for the Rao family, Kean, Anderson and the rest of the Venky mob, I really can't put into words the contempt that I feel towards them at the moment. I'm prepared to be won around but at the moment I really do fear for the club both on and off the pitch.

This is an excellent post in its entirety and will no doubt resonate with many, many supporters.

What I've highlighted in bold has been flagged by several posters for considerable time and I believe is a sentiment widely shared by both the 'normal' and 'corporate' supporter. The impact can already be sign with significantly lower S.T. sales and corporate box lets.

I honestly don't know where the club goes from here. At least a new, respected manager would give us hope. However, As Glen Mullan and others know, the issues are far deeper.

It may well be that things have to get worse before they get better and, regretfully, we will be left only with the hope that a phoenix will arise from the ashes.

• Backroom

But this is the point - Arsene was a proven, respected and experienced manager at that point, so there was always reason to believe that Arsenal would turn it around.

The only thing Kean has proved from the 9 months he's been in charge is that he's tactically inept, a blatent liar and that he's capable of guiding us to our worst EVER run of results in the Premier League (and 20 years prior to that, too).

For the vast, vast majority against Kean it's got nothing to do with who his agent is, how much he plotted behind Big Sam's back or even the proof that he lied in court to try and weasel his way out of a deserved punishment for a crime he clearly committed.

It's about results firstly and how the team look under his guidance.

Aside from beating Sheffield's reserves, Hodgson's Liverpool, a weakened Bolton side and a couple of good wins against WBA, his results have been atrocious.

In terms of the team, we rarely look like we have any shape and players often look confused as to what they are supposed to be doing on the pitch - look how exposed Salgado has been in the first two games this season, for example.

And as for 'playing the right way'...come on, it's largely the same style that Sam played, with less organisation.

Yes, there are the occasional patches of nice tippy-tappy football, but as of yet it clearly hasn't shown any kind of end result.

The team's problems will not go away until Kean is out and an experienced manager is appointed.

I just hope that all these '5/10/20 more games' folk aren't leaving it too late; we could well be out of sight by Xmas.

Very well put, pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. There is no evidence Kean has what it takes to keep us safe.

It sounds like the senior players love him, which is unfortunate but not surprising. He lacks any sense of authority and they know they can get away with murder (as well as get nice contract extensions with a little brown-nosing). If players were able to run clubs, though, there'd be no need for a manager. IMO a manager needs to retain an air of authoirty, and not just be 'liked' by players but respected and maybe even a little bit feared by them. I very much doubt Kean has either, and therein lies the problem.

Anyone remember the Blackburn End "sit down" protest against Oxford around Christmas time 1990? We went three nil down, and the whole Blackburn End just sat on the steps of the terraces - apart from one brave soul who ran on the pitch, sat down and flicked the v's at Don Mackay!

Not sure of the game but I remember the sit down protest, West ham did a similar thing around the same time in the Darwen end. A member of this site reminded me last night about when the fans on the Blackburn End turned away in protest also.

But I've been outside the ticket office on Nutall street shouting for both manager and chairman heads more than once during the bad old days, along with a few hundred other fellow disgruntled Rovers fans, one time then they sent the police horses in to break up the crowd and that was the most action we'd seen all season!

the main problems are the lack of professional/credible people in key positions,in the past we have been used to relatively big name managers going back as far as Gordon Lee for example, even if we didnt have any money then.

Now we have lost our big name manager no matter whether he was popular or not Sam was definitely a stabilising influence with huge experience behind him.

we have lost our top administrator in John Williams who was widely regarded as a top class admin man.

From what I have heard from staff at ewood the morale is at an all time low, mainly due to the lack of respect/leadership shown by the new owners who most

of them have rarely seen never mind been introduced to.

The close season has been a disaster littered with broken promises,the manager has looked out of his depth since he took over and the owners have lost

control of the situation.

It is therefore little wonder that us fans are bewildered confused and upset with the situation.

The manager does not have what it takes to be sucsessful in my opinion, sooner or later he will have to be replaced.

The owners need to get their act together and take advice from proper solid football people to prevent us from struggling all season to hopefully

avoid relegation.

If however they continue to try and reinvent the wheel with the wrong manager and budget/ value for money signings it will probably end in tears

which none of us wants. The owners in particular need to get a grip, lets just hope they are actually in this situation for the right reasons and not

just for what they can get out of it.

No matter what we will be supporting BLACKBURN ROVERS through good and bad, our history matters not these johnny come latelies.

It won’t stop me posting Kamy, been here far too long for that to happen. It’s the new posters that come on, and get hit from all angles, that I’m talking about. It was once a happy place, even through trying times on the pitch, but most of the good posters have left and you can’t blame them really.

Get over it Kelbo, its yesterdays news.

Sure will, as long as it doesnt happen again ;)

• Backroom

So what you're saying PAFELL is wait until we're losing to start protesting? Does the win last night change the fact certain posters have been after Kean since day one? Does one win actually make that much difference?

It didn't to the Villa fans under Houllier, they revealed banners and protested outside the ground win, lose or draw.

This is what strikes me, a few people said they would be there calling for his head no matter what. Are they so fickle that they forgot all about it once we were winning or are they just all talk? I imagine a bit of both.

Tris called Mercerman out brilliantly earlier in the week, it's one thing saying you are behind any protest but doing something about it is different.

Whats the point on coming on here and saying how you will be there with banners etc then doing absolutley naff all about it? I imagine a few of those voices will be found if we go behind on Saturday.

• Backroom

Firstly, anyone protesting verbally and with banners when 3-0 up after 5 minutes would, rightly, be branded a lunatic with no credibility. I pointed this out last night but some people's level of comprehension must be pretty low.

That doesn't wash with me sorry, you either want him out enough to protest or you don't no matter the score.

I just don't understand that logic.

If the fans want a manager out, then, I can't seem to think of anything more powerful than protesting against him even when you are winning comfortably. It sure as hell would make the media take note aswell.

It also shows it goes alot deeper than just two defeats this season, as to why we are deeply unhappy. Most fans wanted him out for his drink driving offence and his lies in court, so by that means, in theory we should be protesting even if we are winning.

That doesn't wash with me sorry, you either want him out enough to protest or you don't no matter the score.

I just don't understand that logic.

You honestly expect one individual or two individuals to protest in isolation ?

I simply give up.

If the fans want a manager out, then, I can't seem to think of anything more powerful than protesting against him even when you are winning comfortably. It sure as hell would make the media take note aswell.

It also shows it goes alot deeper than just two defeats this season, as to why we are deeply unhappy. Most fans wanted him out for his drink driving offence and his lies in court, so by that means, in theory we should be protesting even if we are winning.

Absolutely.

The simple truth is that they are not minded to.

We had this in the second half of last season.

Lack of passion perhaps, lack of conviction.

Just aint worth bothering any more.

You honestly expect one individual or two individuals to protest in isolation ?

I simply give up.

Absolutely.

The simple truth is that they are not minded to.

We had this in the second half of last season.

Lack of passion perhaps, lack of conviction.

Just aint worth bothering any more.

Fxxk off then

So what you're saying PAFELL is wait until we're losing to start protesting? Does the win last night change the fact certain posters have been after Kean since day one? Does one win actually make that much difference?

It didn't to the Villa fans under Houllier, they revealed banners and protested outside the ground win, lose or draw.

Yes I accept that they could have had banners out. Because no matter the score many supporters want Kean out. But chanting whilst 3 0 up, would have been daft. I think last night. people were just stunned at what happened in the first few minutes of a football match, it took everybody by surprise.

Another cracking post from a poster unable to comment on football matters!!

And indeed cyber kicking is now classed as a criminal offence, be careful who you wind up!!

Gav needs to start picking on people his own size.

rightly, be branded a lunatic with no credibility.

I think thats what Tris and Gav were trying actually !

Gav needs to start picking on people his own size.

I think thats what Tris and Gav were trying actually !

Who rattled your cage :D

Look its simple, if you're going to tell everyone that you’ll be ‘unveiling banners’, ‘giving Kean hell’ etc etc and it doesn’t happen, people will pick you up on it, not rocket science.

Now can we put this one to bed, Saturdays another day, you can bring your banners then.

I don't see why they weren't protesting before the game then carried it through to the start then it would have drawn more attention to their moral crusade. Seems weird to wait. As others have said they either want him out or they aren't totally sold on the idea. The away fans had their banner out before the game, so there was a perfect opportunity.

And what's more, all the glorious fans who posted here and said they wanted defeat so Kean was sacked could have affected the moral of our 'inexperienced' players enough to help Wednesday cause a real upset. They missed a real trick there to really do something positive for the club...

Archived