BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

So the owners have spoken and it seems as though they'll be allowing him to get his squad to full strength before judging him, wrongly or rightly. Surely protests right now aren't the best of ideas.

Whenever we've been in situations like this I often think of when Fergie was appointed as manager back in the eighties. I heard he was very close to the sack after a poor start to his United managerial career. I'm not sure at which point he turned it all around but about 10% of me lives in hope that Kean can do the same and the other 90% has no faith in him at all. I suppose the best thing for now is to get behind the manager and team one last time and see how the next few matches go.

Bloody hell tom, FERGIE??

Well ITKers on here have said we just 'need one more push and he's gone' , so it's well worth it.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has inspired me to register and stick in my two penneth!

I totally, utterly and absolutely agree that Kean, and eventually Venkys themselves, must go for the good of our once proud and universally respected club - IMO, there is no longer a serious debate to be had on this front.

That said, however, I do genuinely think that it would be in the best interests of the club if we show some restraint as regards protests, etc, until at least this time next week when the window is about to close. There are still players we might be able to sign but perhaps more importantly, players we really need to try and keep, particularly Hoilett & Samba. For me, these 2 were the difference in us staying up last season. Most of the business in any transfer window is done in the last few days and if the protests start now (despite being entirely justified), it might just tip them more towards the exit door. The squad is already ridiculously thin in terms of numbers and quality and losing these 2 would almost certainly be fatal.

We can have Kean's head on a pike from 01/09 onwards. Even Venkys will have to come to understand that we, the genuine fans, are the true 'owners' of the club - they are just custodians holding the keys. When the fans of any club turn as one on a manager, it is not a question of if he goes, but just when. IMO there is no question that we will win the battle to oust Kean, but then the long-term real war to force Venkys out will start in earnest.

Just my opinion but I think that a little patience now may possibly go a long way to helping whoever does eventually come to maintain our top-flight status.

'Forever Blackburn'

So the owners have spoken and it seems as though they'll be allowing him to get his squad to full strength before judging him, wrongly or rightly. Surely protests right now aren't the best of ideas.

Whenever we've been in situations like this I often think of when Fergie was appointed as manager back in the eighties. I heard he was very close to the sack after a poor start to his United managerial career. I'm not sure at which point he turned it all around but about 10% of me lives in hope that Kean can do the same and the other 90% has no faith in him at all. I suppose the best thing for now is to get behind the manager and team one last time and see how the next few matches go.

Agree with both of these posts. While it looks pretty clear that Kean doesn't have what it takes to be a Premier League manager, I think protesting before the end of the transfer window will do more harm than good, both in terms of making the club attractive to new players (and to be fair I can't fault any of Kean's signings so far - I just doubt he has the know-how to get the best from them), and retaining existing players. From Sept 1st, if we're still bottom and nothing has changed, the gloves should rightly come off.

Signing Andrews was wrong, giving him a new contact was wrong.

Now, I see you've avoided the issue again, why has JW 'been painted in a bad light'.

I never avoided the issue:

The Andrews contract paints John Williams in a bad light doesn't it :tu:

You have mentioned JW and the previous owners in negative light a few times Gav - pretty odd & strange viewpoint to have but there you go.

News to me, may have questioned both a couple of times but "bear a grudge, mention it quite a lot" is a little over the top John.

No more release clauses then?

I wouldn't have though so, can't see agents hoodwinking someone of Vinny's experience...

I just did.

Very good GAV, you were not referring to the Andrews contract when you first mentioned it weeks ago and you wernt yesterday (or whenver it was) either.

So, are you going to explain?

Buying young players with potential is great if you have a squad full of proven experienced players, i,e what Manchester United have been doing in recent seasons

I think it was Sam Allardyce who said he can only work with the tools he is given and Manager are judged by their results on the pitch and its now very much a game of here and now.

He said that you can't afford to wait for players to flourish or come good cos its a reults business and a string on bad results will see you through the exit door.

Rovers have had a problem the last few seasons because of bad buys or lots of players hanging about who are deadwood.

You can't get success over night by buying inexperienced for the Premier league and then expect them to gel and produce on the pitch.

I applaud rovers efforts to bring young blood to the team, but if this as at the expense of results on the pitch we have problems.

We can ill-afford to wait for 5 or 6 players to be thrown into the starting 11 whilst we wait for them to get experience and come to terms with the demand of the Premier league.

That business model IMO only works if you have an established stable of horses, and each year you add a couple of yearlings.

Rovers should be buying experienced players and the odd young player for the future. This would bare fruit long term and not gamble the results on the pitch.

The young players we have signed or are chasing are good players, but that potential will only be realised if they are surrounded by players ready for action right now

Don't agree Glen..what has the buying experience model done for us?

Arguably left us with too many wage-thief deadwoods who we can't seem to give away never mind sell.

I like the new model. If it's run properly it can yield results both in terms of performance and profits from sell-ons.

Several clubs successfully run this model. It is do-able.

I don't want anymore Grella types at our club thanks.

Thenodrog is saying that.

Lots of fans said the same thing about the way Venky's and Steve Kean were going about their work. They said it would put the club in great danger of relegation. They were right as well - weren't they? Those same fans have been ridiculed as doomongers etc, so of course they will say I told you so.

No point in beating around the bush.

^_^

Yes, however I don't think it's helpful especially in context with the rest of his post. If he'd have put it how you did den my opinion may be different. You can say I knew this would happen, but to bang on about how you were right about Ince still is a bit tedious now.

Yes, however I don't think it's helpful especially in context with the rest of his post. If he'd have put it how you did den my opinion may be different. You can say I knew this would happen, but to bang on about how you were right about Ince still is a bit tedious now.

I think even Gord would accept that some of his wording is a bit......, well...... confrontational?

Gord?

Hey let's not forget that theno was saying all this before anyone really had time to judge the situation. A bit like Jim's relegation thread posted in january. Nothing more than being provocative. You've got to remember these old timers have little else going on in their lives. They have to amuse themselves somehow! ;)

Just remember "Don't feed the Trolls!"

Don't agree Glen..what has the buying experience model done for us?

Arguably left us with too many wage-thief deadwoods who we can't seem to give away never mind sell.

I like the new model. If it's run properly it can yield results both in terms of performance and profits from sell-ons.

Several clubs successfully run this model. It is do-able.

I don't want anymore Grella types at our club thanks.

I take it you haven't seen Bruno or Myles play? They fit your description of wage-thief deadwoods perfectly. We've had to wait 6 months for Formica to adjust to the Premier League and there's nothing to say that the newly acquired younger players won't take the same amount of time to adjust.

We are desperately short of experienced professionals, with a Premier League background, who can hit the ground running. At the moment nobody knows if the new players are going to be good enough for the Premier League or not. Indeed, nobody knows if their game will suit the Premier League.

Hey let's not forget that theno was saying all this before anyone really had time to judge the situation. A bit like Jim's relegation thread posted in january. Nothing more than being provocative. You've got to remember these old timers have little else going on in their lives. They have to amuse themselves somehow! ;)

Just remember "Don't feed the Trolls!"

Hey let's not forget that theno was saying all this before anyone really had time to judge the situation. A bit like Jim's relegation thread posted in january. Nothing more than being provocative.

You're joking - yes?

You obviously don't like hearing it, but their views, along with many others, have been shown to be right. For anyone with any idea of what it takes to compete in the top league, it was obvious that the club was heading in the wrong direction. We nearly went down.

Archived