BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going down all the time.

He's got 39 votes.

I was surprised when he got up to 18 last night.

Four Lanes seem to have the best explanation.

I would be interested in knowing how many of those viewed the game purely by the MOTD highlights.

Can one of those who said "give him more time" say how much longer they'd give him and why?

What have they seen over the last 9 months to say things are improving?

I voted give him more time.

The problem is, who is coming to replace him? This is the same issue the Allardyce haters find themselves in. It's nice and easy to say "get rid" but if we don't have another option ready to come in IMMEDIATELY it could be massively counter-productive. How can those who want him out now be sure that the job just won't be given to Jensen?

If the poll had an option of "sack him and replace him immediately with xxxxx" then, depending who it was, I might be tempted to change my vote.

Can one of those who said "give him more time" say how much longer they'd give him and why?

What have they seen over the last 9 months to say things are improving?

There are always people that think "Everything is going to be alright"

These sorts typically end up sitting on roofs during a hurricane demanding help and confused as to why they are in such a situation.

Bottom of the league and stuck there, we all dreaded what our position would be like with Kean at the helm for an entire season and we are going to find out.

The problem is, who is coming to replace him? This is the same issue the Allardyce haters find themselves in. It's nice and easy to say "get rid" but if we don't have another option ready to come in IMMEDIATELY it could be massively counter-productive. How can those who want him out now be sure that the job just won't be given to Jensen?

If the poll had an option of "sack him and replace him immediately with xxxxx" then, depending who it was, I might be tempted to change my vote.

No the problem is Steve Kean and while he's at the club we're screwed.

Tony Parkes should be put in temporary charge. He'd at least organize the team properly and play the best eleven.

He's also not going to go arse-kissing in Pune to try and get the full time job.

Suppose you would refuse to go to the hospital for a heart transplant unless you knew who the donor was going to be?

I honestly can not see your logic.

The man is not a manager in any sense of the word.

Its all ###### and wind anyway. He wont go anywhere.

The problem is, who is coming to replace him?

Sorry, but no it's not - the problem is persisting with Kean as manager.

I've said a few times that almost anyone is preferable to Kean right now; this is how bad the current situation is.

And no, this obviously not based on us losing all three games this season, it's based on a 9-month spell under Kean where we have been, by and large, absolutely horrific in terms of results.

No two ways about it - it's truly horrendous.

Do we have a squad capable of staying up? Of course we do. I honestly believe we could be a comfortable top-half side with the players we have.

Do we have a manager capable of guiding us to anything other than record-breaking defeat/non-winning sequences? Yes, unfortunately, we do.

Cheers for replying EITwis. I trust people won't get on your back for having an opinion.

The difference for me is that I cannot see ANYONE being worse than Kean and I can't see him improving. He doesn't even see that things are going wrong, just blindly looks for "positives". Basically insults our intelligence. People (players, fans, owners) need the manager to say things as they are, not make excuses and move on.

If we couldn't find anyone to replace him (which I'd doubt) I'd give the role to Ryan Nelsen. As club captain, he must have some leadership skills.

The current facade is doing no-one any favours. Time to rip off the band-aid.

any manager with premiere league experince would be better than Steve"the bullshiter"Kean, even benitez(thats how desperate things are).

Benitez has won a lot of honours in football, I wouldn't say its desperate.

Megson or Mclaren would be desperate.

If and when he is sacked, you know he'll be full of excuses:

* Always had injuries to deal with (who doesn't?!)

* Owners told me who to pick

* Fans never gave me a chance/didn't have enough time (you've already had an easy 9 months from us, despite the worst league run in over 60 years!)

And some other random excuses.

Any manager worth his salt can work with and manage the squad at his disposal to get the best out of what he has (see Allardyce.S).

Kean just isn't good enough in any aspect to obtain the required results for our club.

he lost the plot(and the players), in his last couple of years a liverpool.

There's losing the plot and there's Steve Kean.

At least he brought some very good times to Liverpool. Champions League for example, an amazing achievement.

With regards to the poll, I can only imagine Kean's on the phone to everyone he knows trying to convince them to up his votes. Either that or his family are all signed up to this site, and he's promised them a good (none spiked of course) drink.

I don't think the boycott would be such a good idea or a realistic one but certainly the blimp or a plane flying a message could be done and sends a stronger message than an email. Anyone else got any suggestions as what we the supporters could do to help turn this club around afterall a club is nothing without its supporters. :rover:

What about a daily protest outside Ewood? Do it at the same time every day so that it keeps on building momentum. If we could get a couple of thousand down there every day for a week, and get a bit of media coverage, perhaps Venkys will finally sit up and take notice???

Got to go in my opinion.

Yes we were unlucky yesterday and we should have won easily,however we have known since the beginning of LAST season that we were struggling scoring goals.Kean has had all summer to address that problem and hasn`t,that for me is incompetence of the highest order.

He needs to go now whilst we still have a chance of staying up.

Has anybody got Keans email address or mobile number?

I know someone who lives near to his flat. Earlier in the year someone posted dog muck through his letterbox and he told neighbours he suspected it was a Burnley fan.

I think that may have been wishful thinking on his part as I suspect it was more likely an angry Rovers fan.

Archived