BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BPF Posted A minute ago

snapback.pngyoda, on 28 August 2011 - 17:21 PM, said:

When he said that, I thought he insulted Jack Walker, that was the biggest transfer budget in our history,

don't know how he's getting away with everything he is doing

:D

So we should assume that, although he has lied to police and made statements proved false in court, everything else he says is true until PROVEN otherwise?

I think I'll trust my own judgement, thanks.

Goodwillie will settle soon and get adjusted to the new surroundings and playing pace. Then I think we will see in him what viewers of the SPL have seen for a while, and we will have got ourselves a natural goal scorer.

As mentioned in an earlier post, wasnt at the game yesterday due to involvement in The R & B Festival but on Wednesday, Goodwillie played in a predominently right sided position, when watching him with Dundee Utd he operated from the left side!!

Are we playing him out of his preferred position?

As mentioned in an earlier post, wasnt at the game yesterday due to involvement in The R & B Festival but on Wednesday, Goodwillie played in a predominently right sided position, when watching him with Dundee Utd he operated from the left side!!

Are we playing him out of his preferred position?

How would cocco know?

So we should assume that, although he has lied to police and made statements proved false in court, everything else he says is true until PROVEN otherwise?

I think I'll trust my own judgement, thanks.

Right you are Jisty. I want Kean to succeed because he is Rovers manager and for that reason only. I dont like that he's a drink driver.

I, like every other Rovers fan, love Simon Garner to bits. I didn't stop feeling that way about a Rovers legend because he did a bit of bird. Did you?

I'm not sure where this "lying" stuff comes from in regard to Kean's role. Is it something to do with West Ham's manager?

Right you are Jisty. I want Kean to succeed because he is Rovers manager and for that reason only. I dont like that he's a drink driver.

I, like every other Rovers fan, love Simon Garner to bits. I didn't stop feeling that way about a Rovers legend because he did a bit of bird. Did you?

I'm not sure where this "lying" stuff comes from in regard to Kean's role. Is it something to do with West Ham's manager?

transfer budget,said we played well last week etc

hes an arrogent prick by all accounts .

I've voted for more time because I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy.

"our worst run blah blah!"

Yeh I know that.

Reasons to be positive:

Wolves game, I guarantee most of you who saw the game thought we played quite well and the reason we lost was because we only had half a centre half playing.

Villa game, yeh we were poo.

Shef Wednesday game, it might have only been a cup match but to see what kind of football we could be playing in the future was an eye opener and a pleasant surprise.

Everton game, we walked all over them, not once did we look in danger. Two bad penalties later and we're still battling and creating chances.

A bad refereeing decision lost us a point and bad luck cost us all 3.

That's my reasons to be optimistic.

P.s. I also see our bad form as a Venkys mistake.

Sacking Sam when they did was wrong, it effected the team and our form suffered.

Then we changed the way we played; which in my opinion was too rapid. Which also effected our form.

Now the way we play has developed and the players are showing signs of progress, that is the reason I have wrote what I have wrote above.

Andy, J*B et all.

If you're going to vote the post down, at least explain what you don't agree with.

Whilst "honesty" may not be explicitly mentioned on the job spec, I would assume it's a given.

Whereas "ability to win games" or a close variation thereof would, I feel certain, figure high on the list.

Whichever way you slice it it's a "spec fail", and none of this nonsense about "unlucky manager", if he's a manager, I'm a monkey's uncle. "Lucky chancer" more like it.

I never claimed or suggested that I know what the job spec is numb b0ll0x.

I am sure it does not include taking us to the bottom of the table and making wild claims about being successful,

he has got to go

What happened to the protests at yesterday's game that certain posters have been banging on about all week on here then? Nothing at Sheff Weds, a host of poor excuses the day after. I saw absolutely nothing yesterday either. Apathy rules?

When I arrived at Ewood Park I was dismayed and astonished at our starting line-up, god knows how Rochina, Formica, and Goodwillie felt, what have these lads got to do to get in from the go ? They've played well, scored, and give the team options. Why should we keep Jason Roberts let alone Steve Kean ?

I know that it coud fall on deaf ears but why don't we get a group of people to stand outside each of the stands at the next home match with a 'kean out' petition?

If enough people sign it and its sent to the relevant person/persons (mrs.desai/the board/even the let) then the higher ups may even start to take notice instead of just a dozen or so people emailing the Rao's?

Just a thought though!

I thought about what would be happening if this was going on at a Newcastle or a Liverpool - the fans would have been protesting last season, when the writing was on the wall.

But Rovers fans, barely a grumble.

Maybe we just don't care as much?

From a personal point of view the 1999 relegation season 'broke' me in terms of how down Rovers could make me feel. That sinking feeling under Kidd and his rubber dinghy men - feels similar to now, though we had an owner that cared then.

Again, personally speaking, I just feel resigned to it all if the owners care as little as what they seem to and Rovers isn't an important part of my life - my family are, my work is, but my football club is just a hobby at the weekend.

I know to some people it's a central part of their lives - Rovers' result dictates their mood for the following week - and it's those people who I'd expect to be protesting if I'm honest.

Archived