BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

Time to sack him. My patience has run out now. I always give every manager a chance to prove themselves, because like it or not, they ARE the manager, and bitching about it won't change anything. But it's time Venky's held their hands up and admitted that Kean was a mistake and hired an experienced manager to take the reins. With the right man in charge, we have the makings of a good team, and the international break gives Venky's a golden opportunity to draft someone in.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deryck are you jason roberts? how can anyone defend him with that record? its not just his stats, its the ammount of garbage he comes out with, he HAS to go NOW otherwise we could end up without a win come the end of september then it will be a mountain to climb.

Must admit I don't like S.K. after his drinking episode. But this morning I feel sorry for the guy. On any other occasion we would probably have won the match yesterday by four or five goals, and we played really well in the second half. On top of that he loses two central midfield palyers, Pederson and Dunn in the same match; plus he makes a goodwill gesture by letting Emerton go for the service he provided. This leaves us no cover in central defence. Although I thought he should have gone straight after the court hearing, it is now too near the end of the window to be changing managers. He should be given until the end of October; if still in bottom three - change manager. It gives the new manager two months to assess his squad before the January window opens. I know that most of this site will disagree with keeping him, but IF we continue to play as we did in the second half yesterday, and we get a couple more players in, we will be OK. Not an optimist, just being practical.

Some people have been saying players won't sign if Kean goes (as he is chosing these players) and there is no manager at the club. Even though they have been told these players are coming anyway, with or without Kean. As much as I have wanted to see Kean sacked for awhile, I'd give a compromise to such people and say. The transfer window shuts Weds night, Kean can be sacked thursday morning.

Time to sack him. My patience has run out now. I always give every manager a chance to prove themselves, because like it or not, they ARE the manager, and bitching about it won't change anything. But it's time Venky's held their hands up and admitted that Kean was a mistake and hired an experienced manager to take the reins. With the right man in charge, we have the makings of a good team, and the international break gives Venky's a golden opportunity to draft someone in.

Your right, but sadly venkys won't do it.

I am wondering what hold does Kean have over Venkys. Or what hold do they 'believe' he has. It would not surprise me if Kean has spun some lie to venkys about what he'd do if they sack him. How can a manager with this record remain in a job, is totally beyond me.

Northern_Rover Northern Rover

A friend who works for victor chandler bookies tells me a large number of bets gone on Kean getting sacked. Still can't see them doing it.

That's probably because most right-minded people realise that Kean has to be the next manager to go with his record and our league postiion. People are seeing it as free money.

Unfortunately Venkys are not right minded.

That's probably because most right-minded people realise that Kean has to be the next manager to go with his record and our league postiion. People are seeing it as free money.

Unfortunately Venkys are not right minded.

It appears that all the emails being sent are doing nothing at all. Somehow we need to contact the media in India. Take our complaints to venkys own backyard. Get some anti - venky and anti- Kean stuff printed over there. Then Venkys may start to sit up and take notice. But how to do that is another thing.

Some people have been saying players won't sign if Kean goes (as he is chosing these players) and there is no manager at the club. Even though they have been told these players are coming anyway, with or without Kean. As much as I have wanted to see Kean sacked for awhile, I'd give a compromise to such people and say. The transfer window shuts Weds night, Kean can be sacked thursday morning.

Your right, but sadly venkys won't do it.

I am wondering what hold does Kean have over Venkys. Or what hold do they 'believe' he has. It would not surprise me if Kean has spun some lie to venkys about what he'd do if they sack him. How can a manager with this record remain in a job, is totally beyond me.

The hold is Kentaro, they are running the show and Kean is their man

It appears that all the emails being sent are doing nothing at all. Somehow we need to contact the media in India. Take our complaints to venkys own backyard. Get some anti - venky and anti- Kean stuff printed over there. Then Venkys may start to sit up and take notice. But how to do that is another thing.

Try registering on the Mumbai and Pune times and post comments for a start, there are other online publications as well

As I put on my twitter, a friend who works for Victor Chandler tells me that a large number of bets have gone on Kean getting sacked, they are actually thinking of closing the book on him. However, I think this is just people (possibly none rovers fans) looking at Kean's record and concluding that he is about to be sacked. I don't think it is going to happen though.

The Indian sadly have no interest in Rovers. None of the major newspapers are interested in doing any Rovers related story, they just do not Cade, mainly because it is of no interest to their readership, ditto the TV channels.

The hold is Kentaro, they are running the show and Kean is their man

It would be good if we were able to bring Kentario down - expose their dealings. Bear in mind these have players in other clubs. What skulldugery are they getting their plays doing. IF, they are doing dodgy stuff at Rovers, they must be doing it elsewhere.

I know this is a bold statement.

Previously when a change of manager is approaching you want who you believe is the right man to take the club forward.

At the moment I'd take absoluely anyone bar Kean, anyone.

Souness would be a godsend.

Curbishley would be a relief.

Even Roy Keane has some management record and may get an impact out of the players.

And 12 months ago I would never, ever consider any of the above.

Get the donut out.

One night out

£150 lighter in my pocket,

Wake up this morning and not even the taste of stale beer makes me feel any better.

Can't remember ever feeling so low as a Rovers fan, In years gone by a change of manager would of given me renewed hope, but with these guys at the helm, i'm not even sure now if that would suffice.

I feel for every single Rovers supporter today, and share your pain,

The table is not for good reading but we have 35 games to fix it, Problem is, the Nugget will be the one who is charged with the mission to fix it.

I wish there was something I could do, but i'm just a supporter like everyone else on these boards, I wish some-one had the golden answer or the magic wand to change everything and give us our Rovers back but my faith is quickly deminishing.

We are in this together, and all we can hope is that the owners have recieved a brain transplant over night and they have realised that their investment is going down the pan, unless action is taken.

ROVERS TILL I DIE

This is the 3rd season out of the last 4 ,that we will be fighting relegation , I fear we will lose the battle this time ..

There is one common denominator the MANAGER !

Paul Ince (Big Sam saved us )

(Big Sam Sacked) KEAN

To be fair to Ince he had actually managed.. Kean's record is worse than Ince , and that in itself is difficult to achieve .

KEAN , GET OUT OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB , YOU ARE NOT WANTED !!

Yes he has to go now, or he should of gone weeks/months ago.

We have a talented squad of players but with no direction, it has gone too far with Kean now and it will not be any better with him here in the future. It can't be long before something is done, the next four fixtures are tough and I can see maybe only one point from those with Kean in charge.

I agree with all those wanting Kean out immediatly - he's just not up for it and it's plain for all to see. How anyone can vote "Give him more time" is beyond me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess.

What's even worse is that the problems doesn't stop with Kean. If he's sacked - who will Venkys hire as a replacment? I dread the thought of John Jensen taking over from Kean for some reason, but I'm afraid that is what would happen if Venkys decided to let Kean go. I still remember the chaos after the sacking of Allardyce last year and that it took ages to get an assistant manager in....and not a very good one nor the one Kean wanted if those ITK are to be believed. So....who should be appointed new manager (and who would come?) if Venkys sees sense and sacks Kean? And how do the rest of you feel about Jensen at the helm (albeit for a short while)?

Kean out now.....or free chicken spiked with anti-depressants at the next game at Ewood!

It's obvious that a few emails aren't going to change Venky's mind i think its time the supporters force the issue, there is talk on facebook about getting a blimp with sack Steve Kean on the side for the arsenal game, there is also talk about a boycott at the next home match. Liverpool fans forced Hodgson out there is no reason why the same cannot be done here.

I don't think the boycott would be such a good idea or a realistic one but certainly the blimp or a plane flying a message could be done and sends a stronger message than an email. Anyone else got any suggestions as what we the supporters could do to help turn this club around afterall a club is nothing without its supporters. :rover:

Unfortunately the bookies choose odds based on footballing reasons. I think we all realise by now that others seemingly don't.

Actually, bookies choose odds based on how much money is being placed first and foremost. Before there is a market set by that then they have to make an estimate. Don't ever confuse a bookies odds as being a certain indicator of likelihood. Thats even less so if there isn't any big 'insider' bets going on. If you know a bookie who is willing to confirm any of those then I will see the odds differently.

Personally I am too flat to get angry at the moment and I am not convinced its a good idea to get rid of Kean today, purely because we want another striker in and there definitely won't be one coming if the manager has just gone before the close of the transfer window. Like it or not these transfer windows set the timing of any managerial changes nowadays.

Actually, bookies choose odds based on how much money is being placed first and foremost. Before there is a market set by that then they have to make an estimate. Don't ever confuse a bookies odds as being a certain indicator of likelihood. Thats even less so if there isn't any big 'insider' bets going on. If you know a bookie who is willing to confirm any of those then I will see the odds differently.

Personally I am too flat to get angry at the moment and I am not convinced its a good idea to get rid of Kean today, purely because we want another striker in and there definitely won't be one coming if the manager has just gone before the close of the transfer window. Like it or not these transfer windows set the timing of any managerial changes nowadays.

Depends. Could the right manager get the most out of Formica, Hoilett, Vukcenic, and... dare I say it, find a use for Roberts?

EDIT: How did I forget Goodwillie?! Yep, new manage all the way. Even at the expense of further incomings.

It's obvious that a few emails aren't going to change Venky's mind i think its time the supporters force the issue, there is talk on facebook about getting a blimp with sack Steve Kean on the side for the arsenal game, there is also talk about a boycott at the next home match. Liverpool fans forced Hodgson out there is no reason why the same cannot be done here.

I don't think the boycott would be such a good idea or a realistic one but certainly the blimp or a plane flying a message could be done and sends a stronger message than an email. Anyone else got any suggestions as what we the supporters could do to help turn this club around afterall a club is nothing without its supporters. :rover:

I think the blimp is a great idea and would get publicity that might force Venky's into action. Stick Anderson on the message too...

It's got to such a stage that I don't even care who they bring in to replace Kean anymore. Almost anyone would be better.

Surely you wouldn't foist Ince or Jensen on us, FLB.

How to turn it around?

Put Bruno on for michel,

Glad you are not our manager.

Must admit I don't like S.K. after his drinking episode. But this morning I feel sorry for the guy. On any other occasion we would probably have won the match yesterday by four or five goals, and we played really well in the second half. On top of that he loses two central midfield palyers, Pederson and Dunn in the same match; plus he makes a goodwill gesture by letting Emerton go for the service he provided. This leaves us no cover in central defence. Although I thought he should have gone straight after the court hearing, it is now too near the end of the window to be changing managers. He should be given until the end of October; if still in bottom three - change manager. It gives the new manager two months to assess his squad before the January window opens. I know that most of this site will disagree with keeping him, but IF we continue to play as we did in the second half yesterday, and we get a couple more players in, we will be OK. Not an optimist, just being practical.

Well said. I agree.

It's too early to sack Kean and, besides, the squad is changing for the better. I'm convinced we will start to win games. We are playing good stuff.

My only worry is this Lady Luck thing.

Its not Lady Luck bazza but it is Lord Clueless.

The guy had not sorted out a plan B for penalties if Dunn had to go off (as if...), and from the tweeting going on by players has clearly lost all discipline in the squad.

We have played three of the poorest sides in the PL this season, two of them at home. Yes we might get better but when we have played the next four home opponents, we are going to be too punch-drunk to recover.

Archived