BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays debacle wasn't Keans fault.

Professional footballers missing 2 penalties?

Disgusting, a manger can’t compensate for that.

Then again, you make your own luck, and today we had non.

I know it probably won't do any good but I've re-sent the email I sent to Vineeth Rao last week.

May I suggest others do likewise to keep the pressure up.

SACK KEAN NOW

Can you or somebody post Vineeth Rao's email address again please? Time for a well structured rant!

Can you or somebody post Vineeth Rao's email address again please? Time for a well structured rant!

No point with the emails again as i cannot see it working a second time especially when people like Kamy said one last push and he is gone but yet today there was no banners or protesting..

"We also found ourselves in Everton's box 60 times"

the man takes gormless to new levels,ffs. take a lesson from the man you accused of spiking your drink and just refuse interviews you drunk numpty.

how many times we scored or more importantly the opposition scored is all that matters no one that commands respect or is wanting respect would say the nonsensical crap he spills, would'nt suprise if he starts drinking early now he does'nt have to drive.

Steve Kean will inevitably be sacked. Sooner or later. You pick poor players and lose your job. Centre forward who can't score. Wide players who aren't scoring. Full backs who get taken to the cleaners and more than a goal a game conceded.

Football is a numbers game. Goals, clean sheets, points. Kean is unable due to poor team selection to achieve any.

Roberts or Goodwille????? Rest my case.

Goodwille wanted the second pen. Why wasnt kean in control?

Thanks for that.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it certainly can't do any harm and it's a good way of getting a lot off my chest, very angry and upset tonight, can't really remember feeling this low as a rovers fan.

Steve Kean will inevitably be sacked. Sooner or later. You pick poor players and lose your job. Centre forward who can't score. Wide players who aren't scoring. Full backs who get taken to the cleaners and more than a goal a game conceded.

Football is a numbers game. Goals, clean sheets, points. Kean is unable due to poor team selection to achieve any.

I agree with this. No matter how chummy the Rao's are with him now they will wake up and smell the coffee at some point. Trouble is it will probably be too late.

I've never voted on one of these sack the manager threads.... not even the one on Paul Ince!!! It would make people less reactive and think a bit more in depth and be more responsible if the rule was that anyone who does choose to vote should also state a manager who they believe we should replace him with .... and who would consider working and staking his reputation with the Venkey Mob. And that is not an easy task.

If people can recall it was a question that I frequently posed to the daft 'Allardyce Out' brigade... and without much response either. Kean is the answer to those calls for Allardyces head so think on!

As for me I'd consider two names for starters

1. Samba as caretaker player manager cos he appears to be running the entire show at the moment. He'd need help and guidance from a sound Director of football but we are screwed if we stay as we are.

2. The only manager of Prem ability who might just be mad enough to sign up for the Venkeys is Ian Holloway.

Thanks for that.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it certainly can't do any harm and it's a good way of getting a lot off my chest, very angry and upset tonight, can't really remember feeling this low as a rovers fan.

Emailing his personal email address might be your best bet though

vineeth_909@yahoo.com

Under normal owners.......

I agree with this. No matter how chummy the Rao's are with him now they will wake up and smell the coffee at some point. Trouble is it will probably be too late.

But who could trust those numpties in Pune with the task of finding a replacement? The maradona shambles shows that they are completely and utterly clueless about football. :wacko:

Todays debacle wasn't Keans fault.

Professional footballers missing 2 penalties?

Disgusting, a manger can’t compensate for that.

Then again, you make your own luck, and today we had non.

Missing the two penalties was bad luck.

Picking the starting eleven was bad management.

His overall record is painfully bad.

At the end of the day we have played three and lost them all. Following on from nearly going down. The counter arguments are boring. The facts speak for themselves, following on from last year.

I never wanted Kean, but especially wanted him gone after Wigan away last year. Not all agreed, but I was convinced we were going down as Wigan stuck four past us. Thankfully an amazing, combined effort from that group of players saw us safe. We new it was in spite of the manager, not because of him and for me that made it all the more noteworthy.

But that squad has gone now. This group are in the main young or new, starting out together and need an experienced manager to lead the way. People have got all excited about the new signings without seeming to fully understand that these are 2, 3 and 4 million pound buys. At this level they are average players only who will have to fight hard to establish and make a name for themselves. For some it may never happen. For every Samba at 400K, there is a Grella at 4 million. For every Bentley at 0.5, there is an Ashley Ward at 4 million. For every Nelsen free of charge, there is a Kevin Davies at 7 million. I worry about the effectiveness and quality of the new signings and wait to be convinced they are good enough. The standard is so high and so many varying factors are involved.

Without buying the big money, match winning players, our strength remains as an organised and efficient team unit and to create and maintain that going forward we need a proven, respected, experienced and highly professional manager.

Kean needs to go now for sure

Okay we missed two penalties, not his fault, but the team selection once again was awful

not one new player on the field, 2 worn out has beens in midfield and another who is leaving next week, a crap striker who can't even shoot on target (has roberts actually had a shot in the 3 games yet)

Everton were not on form today and will be wondering how they won the match...i'll tell you why cause Steve Kean is Crap

But who could trust those numpties in Pune with the task of finding a replacement? The maradona shambles shows that they are completely and utterly clueless about football. :wacko:

Point taken but you don't have to know much about football to realize that being bottom of the League isn't good. I think they are learning the hard way.

I've never voted on one of these sack the manager threads.... not even the one on Paul Ince!!! It would make people less reactive and think a bit more in depth and be more responsible if the rule was that anyone who does choose to vote should also state a manager who they believe we should replace him with .... and who would consider working and staking his reputation with the Venkey Mob. And that is not an easy task.

If people can recall it was a question that I frequently posed to the daft 'Allardyce Out' brigade... and without much response either. Kean is the answer to those calls for Allardyces head so think on!

As for me I'd consider two names for starters

1. Samba as caretaker player manager cos he appears to be running the entire show at the moment. He'd need help and guidance from a sound Director of football but we are screwed if we stay as we are.

2. The only manager of Prem ability who might just be mad enough to sign up for the Venkeys is Ian Holloway.

I understand the point you're making and I fully agree on the Anti-Sam brigade - they wanted an achieving and competent manager out at all costs.

Well they got that alright, but they ended up with an infinitely worse version.

However, make no mistake, there would be queues of managers (actual managers, not coaches) vying for a shot at the Premier League with an established club.

However many rumours we hear of Venky's interfering, none of us on here actually know the truth, so it's a bit unfair to say that no established manager would 'put up' with Venkys's way of running the club.

Somebody said on here earlier that they'd snap the hand of a Sammy Lee or Gary Megson offer to take over Kean now and I genuinely can't disagree.

The idea of Samba as player-manager is potentially horrific, but again I would take that over Kean.

The worst thing that can possibly happen to our club right now is for Kean to carry on as manager.

He needs to be sacked. He's already had more than enough time and we've already supported the team through his atrocious management for 9 long months now.

But enough is enough - delaying this decision could have massive effects on the long-term wellbeing of the club, tons of employees' careers and livelihood and the town as a whole.

Put simply: Kean needs to go. Like, now.

Archived