BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

Kamy I know you said that JA/SEM/Kentaro aren't involved in transfers anymore, but do they still have Venky's ear when it comes to none transfer decisions i.e. the manager? These are successful business people who will see a lot of damage to their investment and their own image over here when we get relegated under Kean. I just don't see how they can keep the status quo, it makes no sense whatsoever?

Like others have said his record at any other club and he's gone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this in the match thread but I'll re-post it here as my reason for clicking "Yes "(again).

What an awful way to lose a game.

What makes matters even worse is that Kean will "get away with" the defeat today as the penalty misses will mask over the fact that he picked the wrong team.

After watching the team attempt to play the right way mid-week albeit against Sheffield Wednesday, and almost giving Kean the benefit of the doubt for the slog the last 75 minutes became, out came Allardyce's team (yes Allardyce's team) to play the football that all the Sam haters hated and all Sam apologists apologised for. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

What was quite plain was that when Goodwillie came on to partner Formica, the game changed and we looked a much more threatening and entertaining side. You could argue that it was a good tactical move but he only made his first changes when Dunn and Pedersen were withdrawn through injury, and he only realised Goodwillie should replace his mate Roberts after 71 minutes!

Okay Okay today wasnt steve Keans fault.......

However he is the worst manager EVER....and has to go! I hate Roberts at the moment he constantly arse licks his way in to the side! His record is horrible and Venkys need telling......whos going to tell the B*tch Mrs Desai?

I hate you Steve Kean!

Everton were terrible and there for the taking, and we could barely have wished for two weaker teams to come to Ewood at the beginning of the season.

Our current situation was summed up perfectly by the farce that was Pedersen's injury. He was down for about a minute while the ref didn't think it was enough to stop play, yet when the ball went out he immediately whistled and signalled to the bench to allow the physio on. I don't know what the hell our staff were playing at because they didn't seem to have a clue as to what was going on. Finally, after what seemed like an age, we finally sent Mr Spock on, accompanied by a chorus of jeers. Absolutely clueless.

I left the ground feeling sick and completely empty. Listening to Kean on Radio Rovers taking the positives (or taking something else beginning with P) just made me angry.

His reasons for us missing the penalties? Well "Dunny" went off injured and he would have taken the first one (so no Plan B.) and "Gatto" taking the ball off Goodwillie for the second (no leadership to intervene).

Hearing him describe Formica as "Gatto" and Dunn as "Dunny" shows that he is nothing but a cheerful, glass-half full, poor man's Steve McLaren.

Get the hell out of our club you complete charlatan.

Got to go, his record and the complete utter b******s he talks, plus his love affair with Jason Roberts whose goal strike rate this season is behind the PNE keeper!

Perth, a real manager,a la Sam Allardyce,could see that Jason ' The goal machine' Roberts cannot score in a brothel.

Come to think of it,a blind man on a galloping horse could see it too!

I have been willing to have a bit of patience with Kean. Thought that with the opportunity to build his team and get them playing the way he wants during pre-season we may just be OK. But not anymore. I have had enough of him like so many others. His tactics and substitutions for a while now have been strange to say the least and todays starting XI was the final straw for me. There is no way Roberts, Pedersen and Dunn should be starting anymore, especially considering how good the likes of Formica, Rochina and Goodwillie have looked recently. Things may well have been worse today had he not been forced into making changes early.

Credit to him - he has brought in some very good players and is supposedly a very good coach but he is not a good enough manager for any club with premier league ambitions which we have. With Steve Kean in charge I am genuinely concerned. With any other manager in charge and making the most of our promising youngsters we could still do well this season.

I know we missed penalties today and that is not Kean's fault but if you look at the way he sets the team up and the way he drops everyone except those who need dropping it is unbelievably frustrating! I am sorry but he needs to go, enough is enough!

based on?

Generally presents himself well in interviews, positive and fair etc (which makes it more infuriating) but well out of his depth. Although the problem lies deeper than Steve Kean. The people who put him in charge believing it to be a good idea also need to go.

Perth, a real manager,a la Sam Allardyce,could see that Jason ' The goal machine' Roberts cannot score in a brothel.

Come to think of it,a blind man on a galloping horse could see it too!

So true mate, but obvious why he plays him, just listening to the Roberts I love Steve Kean show on 606 over the internet

No, it wasn't his fault that the penalties were missed today.

No, it wasn't his fault that Everton were awarded a dubious penalty.

Yes, it was his fault we don't have a designated number #2 penalty taker (has the man never played Football Manager?)

Yes, it was his fault that we started with such a defensive team today despite being at home against a weakened opposition.

Yes, it was his fault that despite the dominance in possession in the second half we persisted with the donkey as our goal threat, despite his horrendous record of goalscoring.

Yes, it is his fault that we have won two of our last eighteen league games and have 0 from 9 this season despite three winnable games.

Keep the pressure on, Venkys may not want to sack Kean but they have to understand the cost to them as owners if we go down will far, far outweigh whatever the benefits to them of keeping him are, be it reduced wages or having a yes man in charge with a good attitude. Sky revenue is 60% of what we earn each year, to lose it will put a huge dent in Venkys pocket and they won't be able to get anymore £16m sales if we are in the Championship.

Generally presents himself well in interviews, positive and fair etc (which makes it more infuriating) but well out of his depth. Although the problem lies deeper than Steve Kean. The people who put him in charge believing it to be a good idea also need to go.

INTERVIEWS? he stares away from the camera and talks bull!

fair? hes a lying ass licker

So true mate, but obvious why he plays him, just listening to the Roberts I love Steve Kean show on 606 over the internet

I loved 606 last year but with Roberts on there this year I'm struggling listen. Heard the call from the Rovers fan disappointed with Kean and the aspirations of Champions League football. Yes he was wrong to attribute the quote to the manager, but he has promised Europe within 4 years. Does this include relegation?

I know,its sickening to listen to him, talking like he's some sort of expert on the game.He was on his way out of Ewood (and for good reason)under Big Sam and he bl00dy well knew it.

Archived