BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

Unlucky? I don't recall anyone saying that after the Villa game. Or the Wolves game. Or the.....

The only way Kean gets sacked is if we can convince Venkys it's going to cost them £20m? in future annual revenue if we go down and lose our Sky money. If they don't care about the club then surely they'll care about their bank accounts and in that regard our interests are (for once) aligned.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, he isn't. I'm sorry, that's garbage. The second half today demonstrated that he's a decent coach, albeit one who may be out of his depth due to inexperience and seemingly fated to fail.

I disagree. If Pedersen and Dunn hadn't been injured they would have still been on the pitch for the second half. The enforced changes made us look better. A good manager (not coach) would have recognised that we needed Goodwillie on earlier to play on the shoulders of the defenders and get in behind them, something that the big lump Roberts isn't capable of.

We'll agree to disagree.

The fact he purports to be a manager when he is clearly neither experienced enough nor tactically aware enough needs no further comment....he talks the talk but cannot deliver.

He definately dosnt have the required experience and should never have been given the job, that much we can agree on. Fate and prats like Mason seem determined that it isn't going to happen for him. As Nicko said he needs to succeed at Rovers as he probably wont get another chance elsewhere if he dosnt.

As an aside to my previous post does anybody think that the trust and JW would have sacked Kean by now?

Now have a think about our current owners (who actually thought that we would'nt get relegated or lose money if we finished bottom) and our current chairman...no wait do we actually have one.

Does anyone have any confidence that the correct decision will be made? Ok so SK is sacked, who takes over? If it is another yes man I really dont know what I will do because it shows the orders are not coming from the manager, what then?

Venky's out?

I disagree. If Pedersen and Dunn hadn't been injured they would have still been on the pitch for the second half. The enforced changes made us look better. A good manager (not coach) would have recognised that we needed Goodwillie on earlier to play on the shoulders of the defenders and get in behind them, something that the big lump Roberts isn't capable of.

Some good managers have made careers on enforced substitutions. Didn't Bobby Robson stumble on his England team that got to the semis of Italia '90?

Ask Scottish fans about the gap between the SPL and The Premiership. Goddwillie could be a good 'un but he wont be ready yet and needs to introduced carefully.

All that being said, in normal circumstances, Kean would be getting the tin tack any time now.

Does anyone have any confidence that the correct decision will be made? Ok so SK is sacked, who takes over? If it is another yes man I really dont know what I will do because it shows the orders are not coming from the manager, what then?

Venky's out?

That's always been the only real answer. They are clueless / asset-stripping football terrorists / charlatan faciltators of illegal club-ownership - take your pick whatever your opinion! Kean is merely the symptom. But with any festering infection you have to treat the underlying disease and the debilitating symptoms. In this case that means Kean out now then we can move onto the real problem ... the cesspit that surrounds our club ownership (whoever that maybe). We must ultimately rid ourselves of the vampiric Venkys/Kentaro/SEM/Anderson - the only way to do this is to expose them for the parasites that they are.

That's always been the only real answer. They are clueless / asset-stripping football terrorists / charlatan faciltators of illegal club-ownership - take your pick whatever your opinion! Kean is merely the symptom. But with any festering infection you have to treat the underlying disease and the debilitating symptoms. In this case that means Kean out now then we can move onto the real problem ... the cesspit that surrounds our club ownership (whoever that maybe). We must ultimately rid ourselves of the vampiric Venkys/Kentaro/SEM/Anderson - the only way to do this is to expose them for the parasites that they are.

^^

That's what I wanted to say.

Stella never helps when you think it will. :P

Yes he is an absolute shyster- in fact probably the worst employee of Blackburn Rovers since the club was founded 135 years ago.

There were fans in the Riverside today who seemed to genuinely believe that.

A. Venkys were a good thing. Better than the Walkers who never put in any money.

B. Steve Kean is a good amanger who is very well respected in football.

C. All our players are wonderful, and

D. Anyone voicing discontent is "not a fan", is an "idiot" and "will get their head kicked in if they don't shut up".

Really, I despair.

Now everyone is entitled to their view and I will never tell anyone to cheer, boo or sit in silence. Once you pay money you do what you want.

But in my experience, (and at times in the 80's I was at least on nodding terms with 90% of our away support and don't recognise any of these) they are usually the first to disappear once the club has failed.

Every club has blind faith fans and I agree that negativity from the crowd can be counter-productive, as it would have been it the last few games last season, but at the moment unless we get a new man at the helm we have no chance of getting 25 points.

Oh well, at least he has some epithet to show for his time at Rovers. I just hope he dosn't lose it by the club ever employing you.

I'm confused as to whether you like Kean or just really hate Philip with that comment :blush:

I'm confused as to whether you like Kean or just really hate Philip with that comment :blush:

From my observations of postings over the last few months, its obvious that DGS is something of a stalker. Some might even say "weirdo" but i would never dream of that sort of thing. However, I do hope that Philip has a decent alarm system on his house!

From my observations of postings over the last few months, its obvious that DGS is something of a stalker. Some might even say "weirdo" but i would never dream of that sort of thing. However, I do hope that Philip has a decent alarm system on his house!

You think that criticising somebody on a football message board makes them a stalker?

I think it's you that's the wierdo.

A good manager (not coach) would have recognised that we needed Goodwillie on earlier to play on the shoulders of the defenders and get in behind them, something that the big lump Roberts isn't capable of.

Personally I would have started with Roberts - I dont think people should read too much into Goodwillies performance against a tiring defence. He will be good - but lacks experience to hold the ball up at the moment. Mot saying Roberts is the answer - more that Goodwillie isnt the answer yet

That's your opinion but I have quite a bit going on in my life.

Maybe Jerome Anderson thinks your buddy is an obsessed stalker?

lol! think i'm stalking you now, you lucky boy! obviously nowt going on in my life at the moment. never mind hopefully my buddy will be able to give Jerome a bit of a barra-boy dealing lesson. mmm but you can't grift a grifter eh? JA is a charlatan parasite by the way in case you haven't noticed. Philip is something of a poncy malteser (in my minds eye but the reality may be very different) in comparison and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the financial rape of BRFC as his no1 agenda item. but never mind you continue your focus on the real villains of the piece.

Emailed Vineeth Rao again as I feel it's all I can do. It's tearing me apart to see what has happened to the club in the last 10 months.

Whilst I accept that the performance today showed some signs of improvement, these were mainly down to the "luck" of injuries to Dunn and MGP. The hope that I had for today evaporated as soon as I saw the team sheet. I am a great believer that success breeds success and that the opposite is also true.

The lackadaisical attitude from Kean that follows defeat just emphasises the idea that losses (especially when victory is easily achievable) are acceptable. Players don't fear repercussions for defeat as there aren't any in fact there is no motivation at all! Score a goal and be left out of the team but below par performances are rewarded with extended runs in the team.

I know all the talks of protests have been going on for the past 10 days or so and occur with little effect. But I do believe the time for united fan action on a large scale is approaching.

Sorry, it's not bad luck missing two penalties.

The only bad luck was conceding one - it was never a penalty - but that shouldn't have made any difference, as we should have had the game won before then, against a desperately poor Everton side.

They say 'you make your own luck' well we are doomed to failure with SK in charge. I'm afraid he isn't a 'lucky' manager in the same way Kenny was, and still is, and maybe Moyes is too with today's evidence.

If no changes are made in the managers chair I feel we are in for a very long hard season.

Time for some experience at the helm - I'm open to suggestions - but I want an experienced 'lucky' manager like Moyes. Go on Venkys, throw some money at him and show the fans you care, and prove us all wrong.

Whatever. The usual pony from you.

What worries me about Kean is that he the very worst kind of manager. An unlucky s**t one.

Sorry, DGS. I'm being pedantic but it was such a clear mistake, I thought I'd help you out.

lol! think i'm stalking you now, you lucky boy! obviously nowt going on in my life at the moment. never mind hopefully my buddy will be able to give Jerome a bit of a barra-boy dealing lesson. mmm but you can't grift a grifter eh? JA is a charlatan parasite by the way in case you haven't noticed. Philip is something of a poncy malteser (in my minds eye but the reality may be very different) in comparison and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have the financial rape of BRFC as his no1 agenda item. but never mind you continue your focus on the real villains of the piece.

Nice one! Fair enough!

Sorry, DGS. I'm being pedantic but it was such a clear mistake, I thought I'd help you out.

It's all about opinions, mine and your's aren't the same. It's so easy (and simplistic imo) to simply say he's sh1t

As things stand, over 92% want Kean out. Says it all really, especially as the few voting to give him more time will be made up of fans of other clubs and morons.

It's got to such a stage that I don't even care who they bring in to replace Kean anymore. Almost anyone would be better. Hell, let's have Tugay back. Or whoever.

Archived