BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

I can't see him surviving our next 4 games to be honest:

Fulham A

Arsenal H

Newcastle A

Man City H

Those should see him sacked IMO, and Venky's have the chance to correct their biggest mistake - not bringing in a proper manager to replace Allardyce. About time we had a proper, forward-thinking manager who the fans can all get behind instead of yet another that divides opinion - something we've not had since Mark Hughes left.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Goodwillie was dreadful today.

Rather than feeling angry at Kean to the point of wanting him booted out based on today's events, I actually feel gutted about the way the match went. There were two fairly poor teams out there but we certainly didn't deserve defeat and we certainly had lots of clear cut chances. There just isn't any spine to the team.

I don't know what to think at the moment.

What??!?!?!?! :blink:

http://www.specsavers.co.uk

I can't see him surviving our next 4 games to be honest:

Fulham A

Arsenal H

Newcastle A

Man City H

Those should see him sacked IMO, and Venky's have the chance to correct their biggest mistake - not bringing in a proper manager to replace Allardyce. About time we had a proper, forward-thinking manager who the fans can all get behind instead of yet another that divides opinion - something we've not had since Mark Hughes left.

Can't see us winning any of those tbh

To be fair, Goodwillie was dreadful today.

Rather than feeling angry at Kean to the point of wanting him booted out based on today's events, I actually feel gutted about the way the match went. There were two fairly poor teams out there but we certainly didn't deserve defeat and we certainly had lots of clear cut chances. There just isn't any spine to the team.

I don't know what to think at the moment.

You gotta be kidding mate! :wacko:

So would you rather start with Audrey Roberts then? :wacko:

Well I have heard it all, Jadan Hall one of the Rovers players has publically said on Twitter that its the owners who pick the team and not the Manager Steve Kean,

Could it be any worse???????

I've also heard a few times that he has very little input into who we sign also - aside from meeting them and selling the club - and the players are all identified by agents and agencies.

There's just no excuses for him, he is no manager and his results are horrific.

As a manager you are judged on results and his just aren't anywhere near good enough.

If he was at another club, I'd find his ineptitude funny, but he - almost singlehandedly - is relegating my team and it depresses me beyond words that nobody at the club seems to give the slightest.

This is over 9 long months, not just 3 games into this season.

SACK KEAN

to be honest its too much now. His team sellections are beyond a joke. what does a player have to do to get in the team??

Even with injurys and bad luck a change needs to happen for an experienced head and to give this club and ticket sales a much MUCH needed lift before its too late.

Goodwille did well today, hit the bar and did a lot more than roberts did.He still needs time though, there was a moment when we were attacking and he was on the right and Hoilett went running through the middle completley unmarked, but Goodwille took to long to put him through.

Goodwillie despite not fully match fit lookd far more effective than Roberts.

I'm still in shock after what I witnessed today, I left the ground in silence and I can't really remember the walk back to the car but one thing really hit home, Steve Kean is bomb proof. Just listen to his interviews, not a worry in the world, he is willing to keep spinning stories and lies and putting positives on a situation that frightens the life out of even the most hardy of Blackburn fans. I am a biased fan very biased infact, I've always stuck up for our players and managers, blindly at times but now it stops I cannot possibly defend the man anymore. He continues to play players that for the life of me or what would appear ANY Blackburn fan cannot see. Roberts offers nothing from the start if and its a big IF he has any place in the team its as a last 20 minutes sub to rough up the defenders as a Premiership player that is it! Pedersen, I'm sorry but are will still watching re-runs of his famous volleyed goals because he simply offers nothing to BRFC anymore, free kicks are poor, have we EVER scored off one of his throws. Yet these players also seem bomb proof, maybe I'm linking things but they "enjoyed" a trip to Pune in the summer with Kean, they are not being picked for footballing abilities I'm sure we can all agree on that!

We do appear to have a couple of exciting players who like the ball, can use the ball and entertain the fans. We need a new manager to nurture and develop these players. We have have played against 3 poor teams, average at best and we have lost all three. To link this to last season to see what implications this could have for us is we won 2 out of these fixtures last season and we all know we needed a last day victory to guarentee our survival WE CANNOT GET CLEARER THAN THAT as to the severity of our problems this is why Mr Kean you need to be fired.

If it is the case that Kean has little input into the starting 11 then he will likely get sacked as the fall guy. However, it also means that if someone else is picking the team then we will just end up with some other clown in charge who will become the next fall guy.

Personally i dont think it's true myself. The young lad on twitter who said it was probably just livid about the defeat today and foolishly said something stupid because fans where on his back in some sort of weird attempt to protect Kean. I'm sure Kean has a few senior players on side but that doesn't win football matches.

Just checked the fixtures for September and it doesn't make good reading. We could have 0 points in October at this rate, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Kean is still in charge for the home game against Man City on 1st October.

Too be fair to Kean , he didn't miss the penalties and today ,we had some bad luck !! C'est la vie but he picked the team , all of his new signings , were not in the starting line up , why ?? Not fit enough ? or in his humble opinion not good enough ? only time will tell..

My feelings on Mr Kean are he is a backstabber and a liar and I don't like the guy , that said he maybe good coach .But as a manager of this famous football club he has to go NOW !!!

His record is appalling , any other club would have dismissed the cretin in the close season after he almost single handedly took us too the brink of relegation..

Someone posted earlier , that he was on his way out of Ewood before Allardyce was sacked ..Was that a managers job in Scotland or something more sinister ?

But the one thing that worries me, is when this clown is sacked and he will be soon (maybe to late possibly ) who is going to be his replacement ? Jensen is loyal 2nd in command ?? or someone else maybe Aleksandr the meerkat if our owners still want a puppet !!!

Venkys , have to decide very soon , for the sake of Blackburn Rovers as we know it , sack Kean and install a proper manager capable of managing a club in the Premier League..The clock is ticking ..If not , the Championship is on the horizon around March !!

I've voted sack as after today this has to be the straw that broke the camels back but back to an earlier point in an earlier podcast didn't someone state he was on thin ice and if results don't improve he would be out before the fulham game so venkys time to act now. Also one thing that totally riles me he can see the glaring problems in the team and afterwards he comes out and says we have to take the positives I would like to know what positives?. Another glaring problem that needs addressing when the team are on top they seem totally unable to put the ball in the back of the net which is a must because when the opposition are on top they usually put at least one chance away so how he can say their are positives when the team are not taking their chances either he is blind or a totally numpty P just hope venkys do something before it's too late but am not holding my breath. Rant Over!

is it definitely his Twitter? Unbelievably stupid if true. Like one of us walking into work and announcing the boss was a moron, over a loudspeaker...

His latest tweet:

"Ive deleted all my tweets start fresh soz for what i said i didnt mean it was just angry.. My bad everyone."

So gone in a week then?

Typical footballer - can't tweet and think at the same time. Will be gone pdq.

I think if it's true, fair play to him for standing up and saying something.

It's a shame some of the senior pros aren't willing to rock the boat a bit and make Venky's realise that something needs to change.

PDQ.

Everybody is putting their feelings on this and many other forums saying how bad things are and that kean needs to go. I totally agree and hope this does happen ASAP but putting it on here and not standing up to them at the game has got to be pointless cuz they won't be looking at it will they. I no this will have an affect on the team but I don't think they can do any worse than what they've already done. Its a shame to take it out on the team I no but kean has to go.

Also could the team be playing bad cuz they want kean out. Liverpool did the same with Roy hodgson and it seemed to work eventually.

Archived