BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Arsenal

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rum do this. Since I didn't buy a ST this season (on principle of whats gone on and not wanting to support the lunacy by signing a cheque for the new owners) I've not missed a home match! I've been deluged by people giving me their ticket for one reason or another. Kicker is I've been offered a mates ticket in the JW upper for the Arse match and now find I can't bloody well go through the early ko time and prior commitments!

Hoping I can still get t't th'Avvy though! :tu:

Omg, I had a dream tonight, or should I say nightmare, were we lost 2-8 :D

At least that would have most certaintly pushed Kean out the door tho.... :rolleyes:

Not necessarily... that would ultimately depend on how many times we got into their box wouldn't it? ^_^

So how will be start line up against Arsenal? I have a feeling in some attempt to appease the fans Kean may line up 4-4-2 with something along the following, assuming Junior and Dunn aren't fit.

Robinson

Salgado Dann Samba Olsson

Vuckcevic Nzonzi Petrovic Gamst

Rochina

Goodwillie

Personally I don't want to see either Salgado or Givet playing full back against Arsenal as they will get ripped to shreads. Can Dann play right back? He can't be any worst than Salgado so I would like to see the following:

Robinson

Dann Samba Givet Olsson

Nzonzi Petrovic

Vuckcevic Formica Rochina

Goodwillie

Rochina is inelligable after scoring in the previous game.

My team (assuming no Hoilett and Goodwillie):

Robinson

Dann Samba Givet Olsson

N'Zonzi Grella

Simon Formica Rochina

Yakubu

I like that team the best. Have Pertovic ready to come on after half and hour for the injured Grella.

Rochina is inelligable after scoring in the previous game.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

GK: Robinson

DR: Lowe

DL: Olsson

DC: Samba/Givet

DC: Dann

DMC: Petrovic

DMC: N'Zonzi

AML: Rochina

AMC: Vuckevic

AMR: Holiett/ Formica

STC: Yakubu

Personally I want to see Dann and Samba as the DC's - they are the best we have and need to develope as much understanding playing together as quickly as possible. I would have Givet DL even after Fulham game but Olsson as Left Mid - we need to add more defensive qualities to midfield especially until Petrovic has fully come to terms with the pace of the prem. Yakubu upfront. I would still have Salagado at RB with Dann and Samba the fullbacks get more support but you could put in Lowe he is an excellent prospect but its the lack of experience in the whole team why I might go for Salagado.

Unfortunately we then have to choose from Rochina, Formica, Hoilett and Vuckevic and which ones to drop?

So much depends on how quickly Petrovic can get used to the pace. I do think that Dunn played well against Fulham and there is no doubt in my mind how much we fell apart when he went off and I really cant help but think if Olsson had been on in front of Givet then Duff would not have had the impact he did. I dont want to drop Hoilett or Formica and you could easily put both on for Vuckevic and Rochina. Eventually when Petrovic is playing to his potential you can drop Givet and put Olsson in at LB.

Rochina is in that role because I cant help but think he is more forward/ v attacking midfielder than he is wide player but if we are struggling in midfield then you can move him to right midfield and Vuckevic into a more central role.

The one advantage to putting out this team are subs can be made for tactical reasons not for replacing players who simply are not capabale of playing a full 90 mins. At least there is pressure on the players to perform knowing that there are subs pushing them hard.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Dann Givet

Vuckevic Nzonzi Petrovic Olsson

Rochina

Yakubu

How can any seriously put Vuckevic into the team, when no-one has seen him play?

Amazes me. It's fantasy football.

Hang on...I'm sure plenty of people have seen him play many times. I have! I was posting about 3 summers ago that I wanted us to sign him as a replacement for Pedersen.

He's been playing for Sporting and Montenegro for the last four years.

Hang on...I'm sure plenty of people have seen him play many times. I have! I was posting about 3 summers ago that I wanted us to sign him as a replacement for Pedersen.

Well respect to you LeChuck, but most are simply wanting to see the new name, without having a clue whether the guy has got what it takes, or not.

It is something that happens all the time. Prior to the season kick off, people were naming all kinds of teams containing all the new lads, and that was fantasy football.

I don't normally go for picking teams but, as we do not a worthy full-back at the club:

Robinson

Dann Nelsen Samba

Petrovic

Vukcevic Rochina N'Zonzi Olsson

Yakubu Formica

Note I have omitted Salgado (obvious why), Givet (been poor for a long time), Pedersen (wastes too many set pieces), Dunn (can't run), Holillet (frustrating poor this season), Roberts (!!!!) and Goodwillie (not fit).

But as Kean is unable to organise the team or react to problems caused by the opposition theres no point is there.

How can any seriously put Vuckevic into the team, when no-one has seen him play?

Amazes me. It's fantasy football.

Because we HAVE seen Pedersen.

• Moderation Lead

Well respect to you LeChuck, but most are simply wanting to see the new name, without having a clue whether the guy has got what it takes, or not.

It is something that happens all the time. Prior to the season kick off, people were naming all kinds of teams containing all the new lads, and that was fantasy football.

Erm, but we've signed this guy?....

At any rate, he should probably have been brought off the bench against Fulham so we had a better chance to ascertain his ability before this game. If he gets thrown in at the deep end and doesn't hit the ground running, I hope he doesn't read BRFCS ;)

I think playing without fullbacks against Arsenal is asking for trouble.

I'd either go with a flat 4-4-2 or pack the midfield in a 4-5-1, with the wide men getting forward when in possession to make a 4-3-3 (a la Sam's style).

I don't normally go for picking teams but, as we do not a worthy full-back at the club:

Robinson

Dann Nelsen Samba

Petrovic

Yakubu Formica

Note I have omitted Salgado (obvious why), Givet (been poor for a long time), Pedersen (wastes too many set pieces), Dunn (can't run), Holillet (frustrating poor this season), Roberts (!!!!) and Goodwillie (not fit).

But as Kean is unable to organise the team or react to problems caused by the opposition theres no point is there.

Because we HAVE seen Pedersen.

I have heard Vukcevic is lazy tracking back, you almost have him in a wingback role, either way he will have a lot of responsibility to defend, in his first game might be asking too much.

Id play Olsson at left back simply because he'd deal with the pace of Walcott/Arshavin far better than Givet will. Salgado is going to get torn to shreds on his wing but we have little option but to play him there unless Givet can do a shift.

If everyone is fit:

Robinson

Salgado Samba Dann Olssson

Nzonzi Dunn

Hoilett Formica Rochina

Goodwillie

Dunn ran the game until his injury last weekend so if he's fit he needs to start. The rest more or less pick themselves although Formica might be sacrificed to play a holding midfielder in Grella if needs be. Got to see Yakubu and Vukcenic play a part at some stage.

Following that logic he will never get a game. Or should we be easing in our 25yr old, international with 20mins here and there in the League Cup as if he was 16?

Robinson

Dann Nelsen Samba

Petrovic

Yakubu Formica

Frightening stuff. But at least it shows that Kean isn't the absolute, worst person to have picking the team.

I don't like the idea of givet and Salgado playing in this game, duff ripped givet apart, and it will be carnage seeing gervinho and Walcott running at givet and Salgado. Lowe is young, energetic and the most importantly seems like a naturally fit player. Id put him at right back although, but I'm in no doubt kean will play both of them

Archived