BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Arsenal

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very offensively minded squad against an eager to impress Arsenal. Mr Kean is clearly desperate for a win to impress the owners (save his job).

I can't help but think that having so many players in midfield that are not remotely defensively minded is going to have them walking through us, again. We'll wait and see. Looking at the starting lineup, it screams of being a half decent team under a good manager...

I had a dream that we won 7-1.

I think we can safely say this dream will not be coming true (especially as I scored the 7th)

Never say never Bucky....

Just about to day the same Tom. Surely the way Kean hyped up Petrovic he should be playing him.

Aren't we calling him Keith Petrovic now?

wish he'd just throw petrovic and yukevic in for todays game. both far classier players than what we have at the moment and would be out to really impress especially versus arsenal.

any other club in the league tends to chuck there new signings in straight away, not us.

We can't afford the finished product though to be fair. Goodie has started a lot when fit and Yak is starting today. I want to see Vukcevic at least get a run today.

• Backroom

our full backs could get absolutely butt raped today.

Nothing new there then!!

I can see the logic of not starting Petrovic - it's a game we're likely to lose and against top quality players, which Arsenal do still have, he could get embarressed and his confidence plummet. Not sure Lowe is a better choice as he's a younger and less experienced player but he's "the new Gerrard" so I guess we've got nothing to worry about.

Disappointed not to see Vukcevic. Surprised Formica hasn't been dropped, completely anonymous against Fulham.

Anyone watching the ESPN coverage of the game? Rovers are being slagged off about everything by the pundits (one sounds like Kamy surprisingly).

Steve Mcmanananananananman is on the ESPN USA one.

He started by defending Kean saying

"A protest after four games, crazy!!"

Then he was told about Kean's record....

He looked rather uncomfortable...

• Backroom
1237: Blackburn boss Steve Kean after seeing hundreds of fans demonstrate outside Ewood Park today calling for him to be sacked: "I can sympathise with the fans about the results but the performances, especially in recent games have been excellent. I am sure it will all come together. We want the fans to go home happy with the result and the performance and have a nice weekend. We want the same thing. The majority of them are happy with the way we are playing."

:lol: and this is why he can justifiably be called a liar. That's not spin, it's outright lying.

Archived