BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plea from Venkys..

Just read this on the Rovers app, looks like they know about the March and are politely saying don't do it. What's everyones thoughts. Here's what was said.....

We understand that there is a sense of disappointment and anger amongst our fans at the recent performance of our team Blackburn Rovers, which was not up to the expectations of the fans.

We fully understand your feelings and share your disappointment.

At times like this, when the team is going through a bad patch, they need all the support and encouragement they can get from the fans to boost their morale and enable them to perform at their best. This is the time when the fans can make a difference by lending their full support and to cheer the team more vigorously than ever, and, help the players to renew the confidence in themselves.

On behalf of Venkys, we would like to reassure the fans that we are fully aware of our responsibilities towards them, and the club and to football.

We are fully committed to making sure that the team's performance improves, and that the recent setbacks do not stand in the way of regaining our clubs standing in the Premier League, and the admiration of our fans.

Thank you,

Anuradha J Desai, B. Balaji Rao, B. Venkatesh Rao

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They talk about "recent" performances.

They still don't get it, do they?

Kean's overall performance since he became manager is woeful. That's what they need to realise.

Having said that, I don't agree with the current march. It will be detrimental to the club.

We need to wait another few games (end of October?) to see how results and performances pan out before calling for Kean's head.

Who do replace him with?.........Ince? Roy Keane? Gary Megson? Shearer? Tugay? Darren Ferguson?......NO. NO thank you.

Cummon. Think again.

Who do replace him with?.........Ince? Roy Keane? Gary Megson? Shearer? Tugay? Darren Ferguson?......NO. NO thank you.

Cummon. Think again.

there a whole thread on possible replacements, a post example:

deal: Hughes/Benitez

Next Best: Curbishley

Would Do: Jones/Parkes

• Backroom

They can get the fans onside quite easily - sack Kean and hire a proper manager.

Despite everything they've done to this club, some of it verging on unforgivable, I think the majority of supporters would give them another chance of they appointed a good manager and took a very distant back seat. No more stupid quotes, no more trips to India, no more ###### about marquee signings, no more taking advice from slimy agents... just let a good manager manage the players on the pitch and provide moderate investment to sustain the team.

If they want to use Rovers to promote their brand, or look to make money through football links in India, or whatever else, then fine... whatever they want to do commercially is their perogative. Just leave the footballing side of it to people who know what they're doing.

The BBC are reporting the Venky's request. This bit in the BBC article caught my eye:

KEAN'S ROVERS RECORD

Continue reading the main story

Played: 28

Won: 7

Drawn: 8

Lost: 13

So by my calculation over a full season of 38 games, Kean can be extrapolated from 28 games to be on target for 39 points and relegation in each of the last two seasons I believe.

Ince did wear better suits...

This is a good sign I reckon. The march has the owners rattled. All the more reason to proceed with gusto.

Agree.

They can get the fans onside quite easily - sack Kean and hire a proper manager.

Despite everything they've done to this club, some of it verging on unforgivable, I think the majority of supporters would give them another chance of they appointed a good manager and took a very distant back seat. No more stupid quotes, no more trips to India, no more ###### about marquee signings, no more taking advice from slimy agents... just let a good manager manage the players on the pitch and provide moderate investment to sustain the team.

This is the thing. Given the money they've chucked in (assuming it's their money not more debt for us), the free food/ticket discount vs wolves, I think that they could win the fans over - especially if they admit their mistake and sack Kean. With some good press this could spin well, or at least decently, for them. Thing is I think that they are so stupid they don't realise this.

To me the bad outweighs the good, and some of the stuff they've done is unforgivable. However, we're stuck with them, and if they start making a few sensible decisions, I'll learn to lump it. Am sure many fans feel similarly. Love them out, but if they're here, so be it, so long as they get more right than they have been doing.

Absolute nonsense, we now should listen to them because Kean has told them we will be in the top four, they know nothing they have'nt been told by people who dont have the clubs best interest at heart.

I actually dont see a way out of this, they trust all the wrong people, if Kean is given the chop will they make the right choice as our next manager?

Will they hell......Jensen will be next manager because he like's chicken and know's Dunny's inside leg measurement.

I find that statement very worrying.

I had hoped that the Rao's had realised that continuing Steve Kean's tenure as manager could only result in relegation. And the complete alienation of the club's supporters.

I presumed, therefore, that they would already be sounding out suitable candidates to take the job.

That statement gives the impression that they are still winging their decisions and don't have a clue what to do if they sack Kean.

For once their silence would have been a better policy.

I find that statement very worrying.

I had hoped that the Rao's had realised that continuing Steve Kean's tenure as manager could only result in relegation. And the complete alienation of the club's supporters.

I presumed, therefore, that they would already be sounding out suitable candidates to take the job.

That statement gives the impression that they are still winging their decisions and don't have a clue what to do if they sack Kean.

For once their silence would have been a better policy.

Very true, the statement doesn't give us any answers, it is similar to previous statements in that Kean will be backed.

The BBC are reporting the Venky's request. This bit in the BBC article caught my eye:

KEAN'S ROVERS RECORD

Continue reading the main story

Played: 28

Won: 7

Drawn: 8

Lost: 13

So by my calculation over a full season of 38 games, Kean can be extrapolated from 28 games to be on target for 39 points and relegation in each of the last two seasons I believe.

Aren't those stats including cup games? I don't think his PL game stats are as favourable, although I may be wrong.

Whilst it's fairly clear that this isn't directly from Venky's mouths I'm quite heartened to know that they are listening.

However, this statement doesn't address a single point from Glen's press release and therefore makes me more determined to march because I now know they are listening but they haven't yet heard anything.

If they want unity, support and a way out of this 'bad patch' they need to take one piece of action.

And they don't need to tell me to get behind the team - I'll be shouting just as long and loud on Saturday as I always do. Will they do that every week too?

Archived