BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plea from Venkys..

:rover: VENKYS you have got to love em,head in sand,this march should be against them and not the manager,they are clueless and with them in charge we will only head one way,btw thanks to the trust for getting us owners who care deeply about the club :blush::brfcsmilie:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very few seasons does a team collect 35 points and finish 17th or above in the PL.

31 points would have kept you up in 2009/10. Or 30 points with a goal difference better than -40.

35 points would have seen you one point safe of relegation in 2008-09, or 34 with a goal difference better than -19.

I'm not backing Kean, as either way I think 17th place is a hefty drop in expectation from the previous manager's reign. But your statement isn't true as far as recent seasons go.

They talk about "recent" performances.

They still don't get it, do they?Kean's overall performance since he became manager is woeful. That's what they need to realise.

Having said that, I don't agree with the current march. It will be detrimental to the club.

We need to wait another few games (end of October?) to see how results and performances pan out before calling for Kean's head.Who do replace him with?.........Ince? Roy Keane? Gary Megson? Shearer? Tugay? Darren Ferguson?......NO. NO thank you.

Cummon. Think again.

1- this is exactly spot on

2 - detrimental - your own viewpoint and nobody can say that either way yet, and anyway everything going on at the moment from with inside appears to be doing that - so no choice really

3 - no we don't, certain issues of what has happened will not change - in addition it will invariably only be the same people for replacement in a couple more games possibly needing to take over in what will probably be a far worse position, given what we have seen from the end of last to the beginning of this season - so your statement here counteracts with what you have said at the beginning.

Sorry forgot to add - and this does smack as just tepid PR due to the fact its focusing on backing the players which the fans have done very patiently from last season into this rather than what the protest is actually about. However, if it is from the V's then maybe we do have a bigger problem than just Kean

Just read this on the Rovers app, looks like they know about the March and are politely saying don't do it. What's everyones thoughts. Here's what was said.....

We understand that there is a sense of disappointment and anger amongst our fans at the recent performance of our team Blackburn Rovers, which was not up to the expectations of the fans.

We fully understand your feelings and share your disappointment.

At times like this, when the team is going through a bad patch, they need all the support and encouragement they can get from the fans to boost their morale and enable them to perform at their best. This is the time when the fans can make a difference by lending their full support and to cheer the team more vigorously than ever, and, help the players to renew the confidence in themselves.

On behalf of Venkys, we would like to reassure the fans that we are fully aware of our responsibilities towards them, and the club and to football.

We are fully committed to making sure that the team's performance improves, and that the recent setbacks do not stand in the way of regaining our clubs standing in the Premier League, and the admiration of our fans.

Thank you,

Anuradha J Desai, B. Balaji Rao, B. Venkatesh Rao

I think we can dismiss this as a load of cr@p. To be honest it does not read like a statement from venky's. Though if this is from them, we are up the creak without a paddle.

Recent performances - well the mind boggles. It is not recent performances that we are complaigning about. It is the performance of the team since Kean took over as the manager.

I will get behind venkys if they sack Kean and appoint a decent manager - an experienced manager, such as Hughes.

They talk about "recent" performances.

They still don't get it, do they?

Kean's overall performance since he became manager is woeful. That's what they need to realise.

Having said that, I don't agree with the current march. It will be detrimental to the club.

We need to wait another few games (end of October?) to see how results and performances pan out before calling for Kean's head.

Who do replace him with?.........Ince? Roy Keane? Gary Megson? Shearer? Tugay? Darren Ferguson?......NO. NO thank you.

Cummon. Think again.

This woeful statement from Venkys illustrates why we should be campaigning against them as useless misguided owners never mind campaigning for the removal of their woeful misguided appointment of Kean.

Why has it took all week for the owners to come out with this, Sunderland came out and backed Steve Bruce within 2 days.

This seems like an half hearted fob off to the fans whilst sitting on the fence. I dont expect them to comeout and back kean unless they are willing too but to say get behind the team isnt addressing the problems or the questions by the fans.

"help the players renew the confidence in themselves." so the owners realise that the players are low on confidence? Isnt this the job of the manager to pick up the team? Im still willing to give the owners another chance and rectify some of the errors they have made but they must surrely realise they need to act NOW and sack this clueless inept manager and install a decent manager.

The plea from venkys does not change anything regarding the football related problems,which is what the march is all about.

The bottom line has not moved, we badly need a replacement premier league experienced manager to avoid relegation.

Nobody in their right mind would employ an inexperienced manager in any field, it is an obvious recipe for disaster which is where we are.

This is the only way us supporters can make our views known in the face of our incompetent owners and manager.

I hope that we have a massive turnout and press coverage that cannot be ignored, obviously without any trouble.

Well done Glen for organising the march.

The BBC are reporting the Venky's request. This bit in the BBC article caught my eye:

KEAN'S ROVERS RECORD

Continue reading the main story

Played: 28

Won: 7

Drawn: 8

Lost: 13

So by my calculation over a full season of 38 games, Kean can be extrapolated from 28 games to be on target for 39 points and relegation in each of the last two seasons I believe.

Never mind about relegation remember the main event is qualification into next seasons Champions league remember! :rolleyes:

We thought they were completely puddled then but how many could have foreseen the catastrophic stupidity of virtually their every action since? Ignorant of football in the extreme the Venkeys have since turned into patsies and a milch cow for you know who.

If this demo is well attended can anybody get coverage on Indian TV news? That'd surely be the kicker.

What do these Pillocks know about getting behind the team ? The club has been here well over a hundred years and she's been to ONE effing game in her life !!!!! FFS!

They have not got a bloody clue what they are doing! They dint know footy ,johnny come lates! Well venkys DO NOT tell me or any other die hard lifelong rovers fans how to support our team! I will be singing rovers til I die on Saturday I will be supporting MY team from Blackburn with a proud history ! NOT sem kentaro with a U , not pune rover! Not venky rovers !! CARRY on telling us what to do and my ticket goes back until you know go!

Never mind kean out

VENKYS STFU you are oiling the fire for Saturday!

Should say know nowts but road is bumpy

As expected Zabby turns up with his effing rant about Venkys out lol……just be glad they are listening to the fans, be happy they haven’t mentioned backing the manager. You support Rovers, that’s good – that’s exactly what they have said. They have basically backed the fans and said its disappointing and therefore back the team…..NOT the manager!

Oh never mind about relegation remember the main event is qualification into next seasons Champions league remember.

We thought they were completely puddled then but how many could have foreseen the catastrophic stupidity of virtually their every action since? Ignorant of football in the extreme the Venkeys have since turned into patsies and a milch cow for you know who.

How long will it be a milch cow the way things are going ? Unless they take the parachute payments and prance back to Pune

As expected Zabby turns up with his effing rant about Venkys out lol……just be glad they are listening to the fans, be happy they haven’t mentioned backing the manager. You support Rovers, that’s good – that’s exactly what they have said. They have basically backed the fans and said its disappointing and therefore back the team…..NOT the manager!

Hughesy, who picked this manager? The owners are part of the problem because of their lack of knowledge. They got rid of the people who knew how to run a club and replaced them with agents and puppets - Kean being the prime example. It's a bit rich for them coming out now and asking for people to get behind them after they got us into this situation in the first place. Support the players yes. Support the club yes. But for me the owners need to show that they are actually learning and simply not trying to win favour with fans before I would give them any support. They have backed Steve Kean up to the hilt instead of getting rid at the end of last season. The summer has shown that they really are out of their depth and from what has been said it would appear they have merely replaced one agent with another.

Ultimately, if Kean goes it will be Venkys, or whichever agent is in favour, who will be finding the replacement and what manager worth his salt is going to want to operate within a system that allows agents to dictate the transfer policy.

If Venkys want to win the fans over they have to get more involved within the town but put the running of the football club into the hands of experienced people who know how to do it. Above all they need to appoint a manager who is then allowed to manage without having to tug his forlock to India once a month!

Typical PR speak. I should know as it's my field and I've had to write crap like that before, even if I didn't believe it.

As for Ince, who remembers this? :lol:

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

Which of us could ever forget it?

Only thing I can't remember is which game it was; whichever it was, it should have been followed immediately by his P45.

Don't forget Ince could drive as well. Useful if the bus driver dies and the team need driving to the ground

Lol :D

Indeed John, of all their statements, this was the mist encouraging.

Nothing to do with me; honest! ;)

Archived