BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Great wind up. Jimmk2 would be proud. Odd however that none of our supercharged mods and especially the one who would need satnav to even find Blackburn has had a word with you about insulting other members..... but then again maybe not given your 'persuasion'.

"Tremblers" is an odd choice of words though given the dithering, grovelling and all round cap wringing that appears to have gone on in Pune and rather unfortunately in what will no doubt be perceived over there as being in the name of all BRFC fans. Quite simply it's clear to all now that you should not have gone and especially so given the rumours that Kean is to be awarded a new contract! As I said before you went any meeting should and could have been here in Blackburn. Unfortunately I have been proven right as usual.

So ES should we further widen the gap made by the wedge you appear to be delighting in driving deep into the fan base by referring to all non tremblers as 'grovellers'? What do you think ES? Maybe we could all have T shirts made emblazoned with 'proud to be a trembler/grovellor' on and sit in opposite sides of the ground and drink in different pubs after the match. Must say given the choice I'm quite happy to be a trembler, unlike some I will grovel to no one. Ever thought have you that if the NUFC match was an indicator of the amount of 'true fans' as you like to think you are then it's quite clear that there aren't enough 'grovellors' to sustain a team in Div 1 never mind the Prem and most definitely not in the Championship which is where we wiould be if the season finished today. Is this what you would have? 5000 happy clappy know nowts scattered around the 30,000 seater stadium that Jack built? Do you think he'd approve? Neil you are acting like an adolescent luddite. Like em or loath em the support and money of us 'tremblers' is worth no more and no less than that of you 'grovellors'.

Welcome back pal, I doth me cap to thee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love him or loathe him, no-one can deny that the mb will be much less boring with the return of the prodigal. And I have to agree that the standard of moderation is obviously dependant on on whether you are a trembler or sycophant.

BUILD A BONFIRE

BUILD A BONFIRE

PUT venkies ON THE TOP

PUT steve kean IN THE MIDDLE

AND BURN THE (pls dont even think of that word) LOT!

• Backroom

Funny thing is I was in Pune and saw no grovelling or dithering.

Quite simply it's clear to all that we should have gone.

(see we can all make baseless statements, fact is some agree with the trip some don't, we did our bit and I'm glad we did, if the owners ignore that then nothing more we can do nor could have done had the meeting been in your back garden)

By ewood sparks standards im a trembler so I'm in the quite odd place of being a grovelling trembler.

I agree he isn't giving a good representation of himself of the minute though, I suppose we all define support differently.

Funny thing is I was in Pune and saw no grovelling or dithering.

(see we can all make baseless statements, fact is some agree with the trip some don't, we did our bit and I'm glad we did, if the owners ignore that then nothing more we can do nor could have done had the meeting been in your back garden)

By ewood sparks standards im a trembler so I'm in the quite odd place of being a grovelling trembler.

I agree he isn't giving a good representation of himself of the minute though, I suppose we all define support differently.

Hi Tom, apologies if this has been answered amongst this thread but who actually went on this trip then? I've heard certain things along the grapevine and want to clear up fact from fiction.

How many in total went and how many of these were actual supporters of the club? Also, what was the selection process of who went along?

Thanks.

• Backroom

There were 9 members of the fans forum on the trip as the invite came the way of the FF. we then had an internal private ballot to select the 9.

There were then 2 other fans on private invites.

From the club there were the players and coaching staff plus a few of their wives and families then a couple of the groundsmen, some of the backroom team at ewood and the club president and his wife.

The only non rovers or non football fans I can think of could only be the players wives maybe.

There were 9 members of the fans forum on the trip as the invite came the way of the FF. we then had an internal private ballot to select the 9.

From the club there were the players and coaching staff plus a few of their wives and families then a couple of the groundsmen, some of the backroom team at ewood and the club president and his wife.

The only non rovers or non football fans I can think of could only be the players wives maybe.

Are the lines of communication still open after the trip or has it gone quiet?

Cheers Tom.

Wow Gordon.

Was it Glenn or Birty who lifted your ban?

Not a clue Don. Have you missed me? ^_^ The only correspondence that I have received was from a moderator on the 24th of Sept to say that I was to be banned for two days for calling another member 'a sad old git'. That was 35 days ago. Quite obviously the guidelines and procedures are ambiguous enough for various interpretation depending on individual agenda.

btw I have suggested that order could be maintained far better on here if when a post is considered unsuitable blanked out by a mod and simply replaced with a message advising the originator to edit any offending bits out as necessary before the post could be shown to all. Not had a reply as yet though.

btw.... Seperate issue and just as an aside you live in Australia don't you? Could you remind me what a kangaroo court is and have you ever seen one in session?

• Backroom

Are the lines of communication still open after the trip or has it gone quiet?

We have a meeting a week on Monday, hopefully find out then, pre meet this Monday

:blink: Do you not find it odd that 'all' don't appear to agree with you?

Q. Tell me would you have gone if the invitation had stipulated that you all had had to pay for everything yourselves? YES or NO Tom?

btw This is open to any of the Pune 9 to answer (especially you ES) but rem a simple YES or NO will suffice.

Now I might be wrong and I may be making assumptions but if that had been the case I've a feeling that a suggestion would have been made to the owners requesting said meeting be held here. If that is indeed the case then please don't expect others not to see an all expenses paid holiday, half way around the world, flying business / club class with 5* accomodation as an obvious attempt to bribe. If you are offended by the word bribe then simply water it down by replacing it with one of the following flannel/butter up/curry favour. Whichever it is and no matter what you say up front you must all have that nagging feeling that you have been used.

Great wind up. Jimmk2 would be proud. Odd however that none of our supercharged mods and especially the one who would need satnav to even find Blackburn has had a word with you about insulting other members..... but then again maybe not given your 'persuasion'.

"Tremblers" is an odd choice of words though given the dithering, grovelling and all round cap wringing that appears to have gone on in Pune and rather unfortunately in what will no doubt be perceived over there as being in the name of all BRFC fans. Quite simply it's clear to all now that you should not have gone and especially so given the rumours that Kean is to be awarded a new contract! As I said before you went any meeting should and could have been here in Blackburn. Unfortunately I have been proven right as usual.

So ES should we further widen the gap made by the wedge you appear to be delighting in driving deep into the fan base by referring to all non tremblers as 'grovellers'? What do you think ES? Maybe we could all have T shirts made emblazoned with 'proud to be a trembler/grovellor' on and sit in opposite sides of the ground and drink in different pubs after the match. Must say given the choice I'm quite happy to be a trembler, unlike some I will grovel to no one. Ever thought have you that if the NUFC match was an indicator of the amount of 'true fans' as you like to think you are then it's quite clear that there aren't enough 'grovellors' to sustain a team in Div 1 never mind the Prem and most definitely not in the Championship which is where we wiould be if the season finished today. Is this what you would have? 5000 happy clappy know nowts scattered around the 30,000 seater stadium that Jack built? Do you think he'd approve? Neil you are acting like an adolescent luddite. Like em or loath em the support and money of us 'tremblers' is worth no more and no less than that of you 'grovellors'.

Great post and thanks for giving us a name for Ewood Spark supporters but please do not paint all of the Pune 9 with that brush because it simply isn't true.

• Backroom

But all don't agree with you either Gordon yet you were happy to make the statement. Odd that you would pull me up for doing the same.

When the invite came I enquired whether if one wasn't voted on they could pay their own way, it didn't come to that with me but I know Glenn had enquired in the past about making his own way their for a meeting.

We have a meeting a week on Monday, hopefully find out then, pre meet this Monday

Where does this pre-meet take place Tom and are non members welcome? Not sure I can make it but it would be nice to know if we ordinary supporters would be welcome.

• Backroom

Where does this pre-meet take place Tom and are non members welcome? Not sure I can make it but it would be nice to know if we ordinary supporters would be welcome.

Fernhurst on Monday Al, 7:15 I think, anyone can come down its just an agenda setting meeting really but would be good to have a chat, if anyone can't make it but wants something in the agenda for next week the best thing to do is just let one of us know.

Great post and thanks for giving us a name for Ewood Spark supporters but please do not paint all of the Pune 9 with that brush because it simply isn't true.

Wasn't necessarily my intention Al. I maintain they should have declined. Also I accept there is prob a good representation of tremblers amongst them too.

But all don't agree with you either Gordon yet you were happy to make the statement. Odd that you would pull me up for doing the same.

When the invite came I enquired whether if one wasn't voted on they could pay their own way, it didn't come to that with me but I know Glenn had enquired in the past about making his own way their for a meeting.

Very much difference in the wording of what you and I said Tom.

btw I can't see a YES or NO in your reply. Are you attempting a little prevarication?

Guest Wen Y Hu

talking again of moderation standards ... pls can the mod that has deleted my post from 30mins ago pls explain what was wrong with it? was it criticsim of the mods or the word sycophants or the bonfire song?

thanks for your ongoing efforts

Can't be too sure, but I think this was the offending part:

"And I have to agree that the standard of moderation is obviously dependant on on whether you are a trembler or sycophant."

New messageboard guidelines forbid any degree of hesitancy that might unreasonably be construed as trembling.

I'm justifiably worried about tomorrow's podcast myself.

• Backroom

Very much difference in the wording of what you and I said Tom.

btw I can't see a YES or NO in your reply. Are you attempting a little prevarication?

Not that different surely?

Quite simply it's clear to all now that you should not have gone

As for your other question, answer is if I had the money available then yes I would have paid, whether I did or didn't have it is another matter (politician hat off)

For the record we have tried in the past for a meeting at Ewood

For the record we have tried in the past for a meeting at Ewood

Well done Tom and imo you should have stuck at it. Instead you have handed them the high ground and in doing so you have lost a lot of respect amongst your fellow supporters and probably some from the Venkeymob too.

As for the wordsmith exercise maybe the answer on whether supporters agreed with you going to India as opposed to meeting the owners here then the best answer would be to put it to a poll on here. Fancy it?

• Backroom

The time has been and gone for that and the reuslts would be skewed in light of our current situation I reckon, all I was highlighting was not everybody had the same view my old mucker.

Good to have you back (in a way :P)

The time has been and gone for that and the reuslts would be skewed in light of our current situation I reckon, all I was highlighting was not everybody had the same view my old mucker.

Good to have you back (in a way :P)

Thank you Tom. Don't know why I am back mind. I did pm Glenn once but according to my messenger he's never even read it. You're a mod so tell me how can a recorded and logged 2 day ban last 5 weeks? Who was responsible?

btw Despite you saying YES if I had the money I've actually read between the lines and put you down as a NO. So thats 1 down 8 to go. Pass the honesty box on would you please. Darwen next stop preferably. ;)

This "tremblers" stuff is pure nonsense.

People speaking out and decrying the lack of knowledgeable leadership, appropriate financial provision and managerial inadequacies at the club are robust enough to point out how bad things are, and are doing so because they want positive action before it is too late. To characterise this as "trembling" is laughable.

To stick your head in the sand and decry the critics and pretend all is well because you're scared to admit the reality, ie on the present course we're destined to go down ... now that's being a trembler.

Archived