BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

As for making the FF elected, I'm sure it'll be brought up at the next meeting, but we all know what'll happen. Things will have settled down and by the time elections happen around only 20 or so will have bothered voting, the same 20 or so who volunteer for the FF.

We've tried to get people to the agenda setting meeting, only two or three have come in the last few years. We've tried to get more people on the forum, but until recently there has been almost no interest (and I imagine, the second we stop being in the mess we are, it'll go back to being like that), most of the time the waiting list between applying and joining has only been a couple of meetings (I don't remember anyone we rejected in all the years I've been on, only put on a waiting list).

If I thought there was genuinely enough long term interest to make elections practical, then I'd be all over it like a rash, it would be great. But so far, as far as I'm aware (and John may correct me) for all the additional attention the FF has suddenly got, we've only had two people formerly write to the club to apply and one of those backed it up with "if I'd have known I'd have got a free trip to India, I'd have joined ages ago".

Glenn, speaking through a fugg of flu and alcohol (medicinal;)), is there anything the FF is doing/can do for us poor souls overseas?

I realise, short of conference calling , or the like, that we can't be part of the FF, but it would be good to know that we are in the minds of the club.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn, speaking through a fugg of flu and alcohol (medicinal;)), is there anything the FF is doing/can do for us poor souls overseas?

I realise, short of conference calling , or the like, that we can't be part of the FF, but it would be good to know that we are in the minds of the club.

Good question. I'll raise that.

Though personally I feel supporters groups (official or unofficial, huge and rigid or small and informal) have big big benefits for the club and it's something I've been actively pursuing recently in a number of ways.

If the club and/or FF can't help and If you (or anyone else) ever wants to form either an Aussie based group or a group in an individual city, then just shout. We've already started helping the New York guys and what's we've suggested/done for them is just the tip of the iceberg idea wise.

Get well soon ;)

Seems more relevant here than cluttering the Newc game thread given I believe the author is one of the Pune travellers........

Certainly makes me wonder how suitable this particular member is to represent those of us who are 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans' given there are a few of us. Doesn't do himself many favours (sorry Aggy - it's not quite as succinct as your post earlier!).

If you choose to categarise yourself as one of the 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans' then you are absolutely right .... I don't/ will not ever attempt to represent your views ... quite frankly I'm not interested in ex-fans. The fans that I will try to represent are the 46% who +1ed my post that you quoted, not a bad percentage in these difficult times.

If you choose to categarise yourself as one of the 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans' then you are absolutely right .... I don't/ will not ever attempt to represent your views ... quite frankly I'm not interested in ex-fans. The fans that I will try to represent are the 46% who +1ed my post that you quoted, not a bad percentage in these difficult times.

Another unbelievably arrogant post from someone who is supposed to represent the fans. Do the proper thing and resign from the FF so that someone who truly represents the feeling of the majority can take your place.

Petrol thrown on the fire .... I shall await the outcome with more than a passing interest.

However I will point out that in a democratically elected Fans Forum this individual would have already been voted out by the majority of 56%, so please close the door on the way out.

Another unbelievably arrogant post from someone who is supposed to represent the fans. Do the proper thing and resign from the FF so that someone who truly represents the feeling of the majority can take your place.

You appear to be confusing me with someone who gives a damn about your trembling tendencies.

you couldnt even represent yourself, as you yourself stated, you didnt have the courage to follow through with the tough questions. Is that why you are angry, because you bottled it.?

your act, Trying to come of as he-man on these boards is quite amusing, expecially when you consider your lack of balls, when an opportunity represented itself.

i guess the only way you can safe face, is to act aggresively towards others, and in doing so, you actually come of as a "trembler" yourself.

Was good to meet Ferhurstblue in London last night for a few beers and a first hand account of the trip. Probably changed my view of things.

Hope you got back to your hotel safely Andy - I made it back to my flat at 04.45 #bignight

4.45, glad I headed back when I did!! Should be down again next month, except this time I won't be paying :wacko::rover:

You appear to be confusing me with someone who gives a damn about your trembling tendencies.

Sorry I confused you with somebody who cared about Rovers future rather that someone who was defending their lack of concern by arrogant aggression.

you couldnt even represent yourself, as you yourself stated, you didnt have the courage to follow through with the tough questions. Is that why you are angry, because you bottled it.?

your act, Trying to come of as he-man on these boards is quite amusing, expecially when you consider your lack of balls, when an opportunity represented itself.

i guess the only way you can safe face, is to act aggresively towards others, and in doing so, you actually come of as a "trembler" yourself.

When I wrote he'd bottled it , my post was removed! Yet clearly he did.

But so far, as far as I'm aware (and John may correct me) for all the additional attention the FF has suddenly got, we've only had two people formerly write to the club to apply and one of those backed it up with "if I'd have known I'd have got a free trip to India, I'd have joined ages ago".

Almost right Glenn. We have two new applications pending but the one you quoted above has not formally applied as yet. One of the two new applicants applied before the Pune trip was made public.

Guest Wen Y Hu

I'm not quite sure what else people want us to do. We put out a short public statement which was made available to the media. Anything any longer and it would have been completely ignored - the short attention span of the media can't stretch beyond one side of A4 these days. I did interviews with The Bee and the LET and we did the podcast on here. I'm quite prepared to do other interviews but nobody else has been interested. Having been out in Pune and seen how easy it is to be manipulated by the media it's clear to me that they are not interested in what we have to say - it's simply not news for them. We assumed before we went that Radio Lancashire would have been interested in the trip but heard nothing at all from them either before or after, which perhaps says more about them than us. Again the club website could have done more but they haven't and we can't make them. My guess is that they thought it would be too inflammatory around all the protests.

You are more than welcome to prepare a report for the front page here - we would be very happy to publish that as previously discussed. I don't think it is too late by any means. I think many will agree that there is still a need for the wider community to be informed about the FF trip in a consolidated way and a written article is the best way to accomplish that. The report should not be compromised by any fear of being seen to be promoting pro-Venky's propaganda or assuaging any anti-Venky's sentiment; it should merely present a factual account of the trip. My observation is that when Rovers fans are presented with things in an open and straightforward way, they are a most reasonable bunch of people. If it is published here, you can guarantee that it will be read by several hundred fans at least and picked up by media sources. We could even publish it to PDF for downloading and for distribution to media outlets. It should also go up on the Pune9.com website and there is also no objection from me to allowing this to be published via other interested fans' sites.

Good question. I'll raise that.

Though personally I feel supporters groups (official or unofficial, huge and rigid or small and informal) have big big benefits for the club and it's something I've been actively pursuing recently in a number of ways.

If the club and/or FF can't help and If you (or anyone else) ever wants to form either an Aussie based group or a group in an individual city, then just shout. We've already started helping the New York guys and what's we've suggested/done for them is just the tip of the iceberg idea wise.

Get well soon ;)

I'm all for supporters groups as in the old days. Just an idea, if a rovers supporter who is from over seas or even London area on the day / night that forum meet. How about letting them in - with sufficient advance notice - as a guest. Infact what would be good for supporters from outside the local area, is to know a pub, where we can go to meet up with rovers supporters. Especailly people from this site brfc.co.uk have a regular pub. I normally come to Blackburn for two weeks in december and often visit, uncle Jacks, Fenhurst, blues bar, I used to go to the anchor,until I got barred. So running out of options.

I'm all for supporters groups as in the old days. Just an idea, if a rovers supporter who is from over seas or even London area on the day / night that forum meet. How about letting them in - with sufficient advance notice - as a guest. Infact what would be good for supporters from outside the local area, is to know a pub, where we can go to meet up with rovers supporters. Especailly people from this site brfc.co.uk have a regular pub. I normally come to Blackburn for two weeks in december and often visit, uncle Jacks, Fenhurst, blues bar, I used to go to the anchor,until I got barred. So running out of options.

Separating those. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend the FF pre-meets I believe. As for generic fan meet-ups, I'm trying to get these happening at away games again, but most people have their own routines and favoured pubs on match day. I've not really had a preferred pub since the Water's Edge closed, but now it's normally either Brown Cow, Fox & Hounds or Blues. The highest concenration of BRFCS regulars (that I know of, which is probably only a small percentage) do Blues before and after game (or during in a couple of cases ;) ).

What a pleasure to be at Ewood tonight. Of course it's always good to send the Geordies home crying (shades of Graham Fenton tonight I thought) ... but the real joy was to be sat amongst the REAL Rovers SUPPORTERS ... People like 'our kid' who had driven 150miles after work to be there. No sign of 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans', or half-wits who boo because they feel affronted to get beat off an all conquering City ... and of course with the tremblers boycotting it just left the REAL SUPPORTERS. Long may it continue.

Great wind up. Jimmk2 would be proud. Odd however that none of our supercharged mods and especially the one who would need satnav to even find Blackburn has had a word with you about insulting other members..... but then again maybe not given your 'persuasion'.

"Tremblers" is an odd choice of words though given the dithering, grovelling and all round cap wringing that appears to have gone on in Pune and rather unfortunately in what will no doubt be perceived over there as being in the name of all BRFC fans. Quite simply it's clear to all now that you should not have gone and especially so given the rumours that Kean is to be awarded a new contract! As I said before you went any meeting should and could have been here in Blackburn. Unfortunately I have been proven right as usual.

So ES should we further widen the gap made by the wedge you appear to be delighting in driving deep into the fan base by referring to all non tremblers as 'grovellers'? What do you think ES? Maybe we could all have T shirts made emblazoned with 'proud to be a trembler/grovellor' on and sit in opposite sides of the ground and drink in different pubs after the match. Must say given the choice I'm quite happy to be a trembler, unlike some I will grovel to no one. Ever thought have you that if the NUFC match was an indicator of the amount of 'true fans' as you like to think you are then it's quite clear that there aren't enough 'grovellors' to sustain a team in Div 1 never mind the Prem and most definitely not in the Championship which is where we wiould be if the season finished today. Is this what you would have? 5000 happy clappy know nowts scattered around the 30,000 seater stadium that Jack built? Do you think he'd approve? Neil you are acting like an adolescent luddite. Like em or loath em the support and money of us 'tremblers' is worth no more and no less than that of you 'grovellors'.

Archived