BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

He obviously has a different opinion in that he backs the team at all times. Thats winding you up, in much the same way as those who described those who arent on the marches as "not true fans" wound others up. Its just sad that people cant respect other opinions.

I know what he said in Pune, its much the same of what fans who have been +1 ing your posts would have said, though in a more literate way than you could manage. ;)

Hang on, when have I not backed the team apart from 0-3 v city? You sit near enough to know I always back the team.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewood Spark seems to be on a bit of a windup mission and its clearly working.

I know him personally, and he’ll be as upset as the rest of with the current goings on, and even if he isn’t, he should be allowed to voice his opinion without the usual suspects trying to shout him down.

This used to be a place for open debate, serious conversation (Abbey apart), alternative views, now if you don’t agree with the popular consensus you’re followed from thread to thread and hammered for it.

In fact it was ES and yourself who got me on this site in the first place. Back then it was the Hodgson / Kidd debacles, and even then you could argue the toss in a civil manner and end up all meeting for a pint at the next way match.

Now, if you dont agree with the majority, we expect a wicker man style burning.

Hang on, when have I not backed the team apart from 0-3 v city? You sit near enough to know I always back the team.

Yeah, but he's still backing the team online before and afterwards. I heard what happened against City when you caught somebody who wasnt !

Was good to meet Ferhurstblue in London last night for a few beers and a first hand account of the trip. Probably changed my view of things.

Hope you got back to your hotel safely Andy - I made it back to my flat at 04.45 #bignight

Thats all well and good Roost.

It would be good to share your change of view but sadly the majority of us don't seem to be privy to such first hand accounts.

It would be good to share your change of view but sadly the majority of us don't seem to be privy to such first hand accounts.

Well. actually, quite a bit of it has been mentioned but nobody wanted to hear anything positive and it got shouted down.

We did press it further.

It seems like it alright for yourselves to have a go at him and his opinion, but when he states his you all get high and mighty about it. That said I dont think he's doing himself any favours either with the way he is putting it over.

You're totally ignoring his own account. He said he didn't press his point. The rest of you may have but he didn't. As I said I wouldn't have raised it again but for the attitude he displays towards genuine fans.

Your last sentence is bang on.

Well. actually, quite a bit of it has been mentioned but nobody wanted to hear anything positive and it got shouted down.

I, and I think most, were quite interested in the Indian Academy, Rovers Shops, the Indian Cup (or whatever they called it), etc.

The problem is those long term plans do nothing to secure our survival in the short term. And under Kean, the short term is the issue as we will not survive as a PL club with Kean at the helm.

It's like watching a fire chief drone on about the new fire station he plans on building, and how efficient and wonderful it will be, while there is a fire across the street which is he studiously ignoring.

I've had the chance to speak to three of the Pune 9. I can say for certain John's account on the podcast covers everything bar a few minor details. The opinions are very similar.

Where I am disappointed is there has yet to be a formal FF report and I feel there has now been plenty of time for that. I can't help but be concerned that supporters who are unaware of BRFCS podcasts have been given a very limited picture.

It would be interesting to understand why this has yet to happen?

Mum, there are few positives when you are propping up the league.

It's hard to see where any positivity for improvement in the future is going to come from.

Something has to change.

I've had the chance to speak to three of the Pune 9. I can say for certain John's account on the podcast covers everything bar a few minor details. The opinions are very similar.

Where I am disappointed is there has yet to be a formal FF report and I feel there has now been plenty of time for that. I can't help but be concerned that supporters who are unaware of BRFCS podcasts have been given a very limited picture.

It would be interesting to understand why this has yet to happen?

I'm not quite sure what else people want us to do. We put out a short public statement which was made available to the media. Anything any longer and it would have been completely ignored - the short attention span of the media can't stretch beyond one side of A4 these days. I did interviews with The Bee and the LET and we did the podcast on here. I'm quite prepared to do other interviews but nobody else has been interested. Having been out in Pune and seen how easy it is to be manipulated by the media it's clear to me that they are not interested in what we have to say - it's simply not news for them. We assumed before we went that Radio Lancashire would have been interested in the trip but heard nothing at all from them either before or after, which perhaps says more about them than us. Again the club website could have done more but they haven't and we can't make them. My guess is that they thought it would be too inflammatory around all the protests.

Seems more relevant here than cluttering the Newc game thread given I believe the author is one of the Pune travellers........

What a pleasure to be at Ewood tonight. Of course it's always good to send the Geordies home crying (shades of Graham Fenton tonight I thought) ... but the real joy was to be sat amongst the REAL Rovers SUPPORTERS ... People like 'our kid' who had driven 150miles after work to be there. No sign of 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans', or half-wits who boo because they feel affronted to get beat off an all conquering City ... and of course with the tremblers boycotting it just left the REAL SUPPORTERS. Long may it continue.

Certainly makes me wonder how suitable this particular member is to represent those of us who are 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans' given there are a few of us. Doesn't do himself many favours (sorry Aggy - it's not quite as succinct as your post earlier!).

Seems more relevant here than cluttering the Newc game thread given I believe the author is one of the Pune travellers........

Certainly makes me wonder how suitable this particular member is to represent those of us who are 'whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans' given there are a few of us. Doesn't do himself many favours (sorry Aggy - it's not quite as succinct as your post earlier!).

he is not suitable and if the fans forum was a true representation of the rovers supporters we would all have a say who was on it, however we don't and it appears to most as a closed shop.

many people including myself would like to see a member like this resign or asked to resign however that will not happen because us rovers supporters have no say in the forum there to represent us.

he is not suitable and if the fans forum was a true representation of the rovers supporters we would all have a say who was on it, however we don't and it appears to most as a closed shop.

many people including myself would like to see a member like this resign or asked to resign however that will not happen because us rovers supporters have no say in the forum there to represent us.

Yawn.

You could have joined at any time in exactly the same way that everybody else did.

Yawn.

You could have joined at any time in exactly the same way that everybody else did.

this reply would have been fair enough had i actually been complaining about how people get onto the forum or insinuating that i wished to be part of it.

however once you are on it, you should behave in a reasonable and proper manner. Name calling the supporters the forum represents and digging at them at every opportunity is not how i expect people on the forum to behave. The way people are elected onto this forum is what i gather is an 'in house election'? well those people in house, who vote people on, should be questioning and voting as to whether his behavior and attitude towards Blackburn Rovers Supporters, is the correct one of someone sitting on a Blackburn Rovers supporters forum

I see it's disappeared. You're not allowed to upset the clique on here.

Yawn.

Yawn.

No you can't, get your facts right before you try and put other posters down,

Then why make a point of calling it a closed shop?

I never said i wished to join nor did i complain that only selected people could join it which was the suggestion in the posters reply of which my response was aimed at.

"in house" was the term i was looking for as opposed to closed shop, on reflection.

only one group of people elected him and only one group of people can remove him, us on the outside have no say in that matter despite the ignorance shown in calling us "whinging cry-baby dummy spitting ex-fans", "half-wits", "tremblers" and suggesting we are not real fan's.

but yeah "in house", you are correct

Again the club website could have done more but they haven't and we can't make them. My guess is that they thought it would be too inflammatory around all the protests.

Please don't think I'm being critical. My point is simply I think the club should be reporting or allowing the FF the outcome of the trip. Personally I feel well informed, BRFCS members can be if they chose but I would like to have seen publicity from the club.

The rationale behind the trip was to begin bridge building and I don't feel the club have made enough of the opportunity following your return.

I must be in the camp who prefers to read a report rather than have to listen to a podcast.

I'll try and make an exception over the weekend.

I see it's disappeared. You're not allowed to upset the clique on here.

Because like a couple of hundred other posts I removed from the Newcastle thread, it was off-topic petty squabbling.

Perfect example of how everyone gets treated the same, exact opposite of a clique in fact.

As for making the FF elected, I'm sure it'll be brought up at the next meeting, but we all know what'll happen. Things will have settled down and by the time elections happen around only 20 or so will have bothered voting, the same 20 or so who volunteer for the FF.

We've tried to get people to the agenda setting meeting, only two or three have come in the last few years. We've tried to get more people on the forum, but until recently there has been almost no interest (and I imagine, the second we stop being in the mess we are, it'll go back to being like that), most of the time the waiting list between applying and joining has only been a couple of meetings (I don't remember anyone we rejected in all the years I've been on, only put on a waiting list).

If I thought there was genuinely enough long term interest to make elections practical, then I'd be all over it like a rash, it would be great. But so far, as far as I'm aware (and John may correct me) for all the additional attention the FF has suddenly got, we've only had two people formerly write to the club to apply and one of those backed it up with "if I'd have known I'd have got a free trip to India, I'd have joined ages ago".

Archived