BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Not sure I understand this quote, you mean the wrong people went?

Explain to me how anybody else could have done much more than we did, had we approached it any other way there possibly may have been no meeting at all.

No, I didn't mean that.

I mean that I think that Venky's put on a lovely PR blitz for you guys, not to mention a free holiday, and therefore those who went will likely have conflicting views. If someone does all that for you, it can't be easy to be neutral towards them. Someone gives me a free holiday, invites me to their home and treats me as an honoured guest and I'd have trouble being anything but biased in their favour. They also no doubt let the Pune 9 into some brand-new, awesome plans for the future etc etc, which the average fan did not know of.

So, the Venky's tried to "curry favour" (you having that, ey?) by using their cash to influence these fans. All of which had precisely nothing to do with what is really happening at Rovers as since then Kean remains and we have now sunk to the very bottom.

Therefore, there has been an attempt to compromise the Pune 9 in a way, and at least distill their views regards our current reality, by Venky's putting on the schmooze and seducing them* into having more positive opinions toward the regime.

* - Just a metphor, by the way. At least...I hope so..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's putting on the schmooze and seducing them* into having more positive opinions toward the regime.

* - Just a metphor, by the way. At least...I hope so..

Bazza -

'You're my first, my last, my everything

and the answer to all my dreams'

Pune 9-

'Help !'

I mean that I think that Venky's put on a lovely PR blitz for you guys, not to mention a free holiday, and therefore those who went will likely have conflicting views. If someone does all that for you, it can't be easy to be neutral towards them. Someone gives me a free holiday, invites me to their home and treats me as an honoured guest and I'd have trouble being anything but biased in their favour. They also no doubt let the Pune 9 into some brand-new, awesome plans for the future etc etc, which the average fan did not know of.

So, the Venky's tried to "curry favour" (you having that, ey?) by using their cash to influence these fans. All of which had precisely nothing to do with what is really happening at Rovers as since then Kean remains and we have now sunk to the very bottom.

Therefore, there has been an attempt to compromise the Pune 9 in a way, and at least distill their views regards our current reality, by Venky's putting on the schmooze and seducing them* into having more positive opinions toward the regime.

I've done my talking away from the internet on the India visit, but I have to take issue with this post. You are calling my integrity (and that of 8 other people) into question, in public, and basically saying we've all been bought or compromised. Have you even listened to the podcasts? Read some of the feedback around here??

I've done my talking away from the internet on the India visit, but I have to take issue with this post. You are calling my integrity (and that of 8 other people) into question, in public, and basically saying we've all been bought or compromised. Have you even listened to the podcasts? Read some of the feedback around here??

In my post, I wasn't trying to say that you had been bought but that such treatment would be likely to sway opinions. I apologise if it has come across in a manner that was offensive. I think I better leave it at that.

I've done my talking away from the internet on the India visit

What's the thinking behind that Tris? Surely the internet is the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to reach the most fans possible? You were one of the people whose views I was looking forward to hearing/reading.

• Backroom

If that turned out to be the case and it meant him leaving the manager post I would be happy enough. Whatever it takes

I don't think it to be the case though.

podcasts are ######, put it in black and white

podcasts are ######, put it in black and white

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as Yoda Tris and after meeting a couple of you I am convinced that you did everything expected of you in Pune but I do understand to some extent what he is saying. I find Podcasts tedious to listen to, particularly if there is somebody else in the room at the time. It's much easier to understand the written word.

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as Yoda Tris and after meeting a couple of you I am convinced that you did everything expected of you in Pune but I do understand to some extent what he is saying. I find Podcasts tedious to listen to, particularly if there is somebody else in the room at the time. It's much easier to understand the written word.

Being blunt is what the current situation requires

Does calling fellow fans tremblers give a certain elite fan an erection or make him think hes a super fan? Would he call it to the fans who are beneath hims faces or is he a keyboard warrior ?

'Tremblers' veterans and offspring from the Fox and Saxton brigade.

'We shall overcome ......... some day...... ;)

We're bottom of the league, we've got a manager with an appalling record, we've not kept a clean sheet all season, we don't have a reliable goalscorer, we're nearly a quarter of the way through the season and still have to play away at Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, we seemingly have no idea of our strongest eleven, and we have owners who seem unwilling to act no matter how bad things are.

There is plenty to 'tremble' about.

Does calling fellow fans tremblers give a certain elite fan an erection or make him think hes a super fan? Would he call it to the fans who are beneath hims faces or is he a keyboard warrior ?

He obviously has a different opinion in that he backs the team at all times. Thats winding you up, in much the same way as those who described those who arent on the marches as "not true fans" wound others up. Its just sad that people cant respect other opinions.

I know what he said in Pune, its much the same of what fans who have been +1 ing your posts would have said, though in a more literate way than you could manage. ;)

He obviously has a different opinion in that he backs the team at all times. Thats winding you up, in much the same way as those who described those who arent on the marches as "not true fans" wound others up. Its just sad that people cant respect other opinions.

I know what he said in Pune, its much the same of what fans who have been +1 ing your posts would have said, though in a more literate way than you could manage. ;)

I know what he said he said in Pune! He said he raised his point but didn't like to press it out of embarassment in the presence of certain Ewood staff. In other words he went all the way out there to speak for us fans and bottled it.

What Abbey may have lacked in terms of fluency he would have made up for in balls.

I wouldn't have raised this but he's come on here goading and insulting fans who care more about our plight than he obviously does. Crowing over 1 victory in a month. :angry:

Not really Bucky, it's Ewood Spark's general attitude that gets peoples backs up.

And worry that Venkys in Pune presumably thought he was representative of the larger fan base.

Ewood Spark seems to be on a bit of a windup mission and its clearly working.

I know him personally, and hell be as upset as the rest of with you with the current goings on, and even if he isnt, he should be allowed to voice his opinion without the usual suspects trying to shout him down.

This used to be a place for open debate, serious conversation (Abbey apart), alternative views, now if you dont agree with the popular consensus youre followed from thread to thread and hammered for it.

I know what he said he said in Pune! He said he raised his point but didn't like to press it out of embarassment in the presence of certain Ewood staff. In other words he went all the way out there to speak for us fans and bottled it.

What Abbey may have lacked in terms of fluency he would have made up for in balls.

I wouldn't have raised this but he's come on here goading and insulting fans who care more about our plight than he obviously does. Crowing over 1 victory in a month. :angry:

And worry that Venkys in Pune presumably thought he was representative of the larger fan base.

We did press it further.

It seems like it alright for yourselves to have a go at him and his opinion, but when he states his you all get high and mighty about it. That said I dont think he's doing himself any favours either with the way he is putting it over.

Archived