SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this board is going downhill fast!

Cant we just discuss our views like adults?

Personal insults and "I'm a better fan than you because I did/didn't protest" are getting annoying.

The Kean and Venky's issues aside,

We ALL support the same team!

We ALL want the club to be successful, and

We ALL want 3 points tomorrow.

i´ve never understood those who say, we will support anything thats being done by the club or players, no matter what.

Imo supporting kean as an employee of our club, isnt being supportive of the club. In the short term he has done quite awful and i cant see it changing in the long run. Why would i support something thats bad for my club.?

Surely taking such a "i´ll supprt anything anytime" stance, is in accordance with the often mentioned sheep terminoligy.

the pune trip hasnt changed a damn thing and it wont.

Everyone needs to start chiolling out. This is a message board where EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion and no one should be-little or attack anyone because of it.

The vast majority is on one side but by our very nature as fans not everyone agrees.

This was the same under all our previous managers.

Most fans won't be happy unitl kean is gone no matter what elae and the rest will support him no matter what.

This is a terrible period in the history of this club and we (the fans) need to stop fighting as it will lead to bigger issues.

I have said many times on this board that I will never again support kean in any shape of form no matter what but those on the other side of the arguement are entitled to their opinions.

As for the views of the pune 9 they did what they had to do and it should lead to similar meetings in the future. This can only be a goo thing.

The Owners now know what the fans think lets wait and see what they do.

Turning into a great thread once again ;)

I know Ewood Spark personally, nice chap, passionate Rover fan, and despite me not agreeing with some of his comments, the rest of you need to understand alternative views are allowed, not everyone conforms to the popular consensus.

I see the issues with him going to Pune, I understand all that, but he is allowed to voice his opinion without being hounded off the board by the majority.

:wub:

Aw shucks Gav ... thats sweet!

For those who have Rovers Player, an excellent interview with Jason Roberts is now available to view, which captures the essence of the trip.

I've seen it Roversmum but JR has spouted that rubbish since Venkys arrived..

Why wouldnt he? they gave him a brand new improved contract when he was rightly going to be dumped by Allardyce. Hes backed Kean all the way because he sticks him up front.

I dont doubt Venkys are doing good work in India, and raising our name but the truth is all that matters is results and performances on the pitch.....both are terrible and will no doubt result in relegation.

While Venkys continue to Back Clueless Kean they ae failing....simple as that.

No matter what any of the Pune9 say Venkys know nothing about Football, They might be passionate about running the club but they know nothing!

For those who have Rovers Player, an excellent interview with Jason Roberts is now available to view, which captures the essence of the trip.

Jason Roberts - One of the main reasons (Kean being another one) for cancelling my subscription to Rovers Player.

Was it essence of chicken?

Right. This is a first and last call for civility.

I've not wanted to get involved with moderating this thread as people will claim it's done to promote some kind of agenda, but needs must.

Disagree and debate all you want, but as soon as it gets personal and just plain offensive, people are gonna be asked to leave (well, without so much of the asking).

To paraphrase Richard J Daley (as immortalised by The Blue Brothers) - "Mods, the use of unnecessary violence in the the cleaning up of this thread, has been approved".

Now. BEHAVE! ALL OF YOU! It's like reading the bloody LT comments sections.

Glad you asked the question.

So what was his answer?

To be honest I was a little uncomfortable asking the question because I didn't want to embarrass certain staff members who were also sitting in on the meeting. I therefore couched the question in generic terms... something along the lines of .... "One of the reasons fans are upset is because certain well loved and respected members of staff have been got rid of in the last six months or so...". The response was that these members of staff had left of their own accord. The point was not pushed any further.

The consensus view is Kean Out. The commonsense stance is Kean Out. You can't defend the indefendable. I will happily concede defeat in the next two matches to rid our club of the person who personifies the shambles it has become, in the expectation a more acceptable alternative is brought in. It won't take much for me to pipe up with anti-Kean vitriol at Spurs game, regardless of what David Dunn thinks.

Right. This is a first and last call for civility.

I've not wanted to get involved with moderating this thread as people will claim it's done to promote some kind of agenda, but needs must.

Disagree and debate all you want, but as soon as it gets personal and just plain offensive, people are gonna be asked to leave (well, without so much of the asking).

To paraphrase Richard J Daley (as immortalised by The Blue Brothers) - "Mods, the use of unnecessary violence in the the cleaning up of this thread, has been approved".

Now. BEHAVE! ALL OF YOU! It's like reading the bloody LT comments sections.

Ok Glenn, I'll hold my hand up ... I did what I always try not to do and took the bait hook line and sinker. Since it appears I'm in a minority of one I will no longer push my argument on this thread ... TRUCE.

Ok Glenn, I'll hold my hand up ... I did what I always try not to do and took the bait hook line and sinker. Since it appears I'm in a minority of one I will no longer push my argument on this thread ... TRUCE.

I'm actually quite glad that the nasty cough I had on the flight home has developed into something keeping me in bed and away from computers, or I'd have bitten a few times too (on different points I should add).

... and you know the score, the view from the opposite side of the fence is always a good thing (so keep on trying) as long as we can stop it degenerating into a slanging match (and besides, if you give up now, I'll have to take your "Rovers Fan's lifetime president" badge off you ;) ) .

To be honest I'd consider myself a definite Rovers Fan. Never booed the team, never have a go at individual players, the abuse the likes of Roberts/Andrews/Pedersen get on here disgusts me, supported Kidd and Ince to the very end, agree with Ewood Sparks attitude that being a fan means being behind Rovers through thick and thin.

But there's a crucial difference when it comes to Kean, and that is that I don't believe Venkys will sack him on his results (or at least not until its too late). If they were gonna do that they'd have done it when we didn't win a game between 23rd January - 30th April last season. Or after the dreadful start to this season that has contributed to his overall record being the 2nd worst at the club in 20 years.

If JW was still in charge then Kean would already be sacked. And if he wasn't then he would be very soon and I'd be happy to keep on clapping. But Venkys have just let Kean choose the appointment for his new assistant, does that sound like a man who's going anywhere?

If the fans sit back and do nothing, you think Kean will be sacked anyway on results, I don't.

Is this an apt quote?

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

Edward Burke.

Now, portraying Venkey's as evil might be going a bit far, but it is illustrative of how inaction is unlikely to change things. If Winston Churchill was alive and a Rovers fan, he'd be a trembler. Neville Chamberlain would be there, having come back waving a piece of paper with the Pune Agreement, hailing Peace in Kean's Time. He'd be sat with a tartan rug covering his knees, warming his appeasing hands on his flask and happily cheering on the team. "C'mon on, Jason lad! If you can't score, just try and get some positive entries in the opposition box!"

Some might say that analogising our situation with the war is daft. Not however, one might say, as daft as when Steve Kean's sticky patch was being compared to Sir Alex Ferguson's at Old Trafford!

Is this an apt quote?

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

Edward Burke.

Now, portraying Venkey's as evil might be going a bit far, but it is illustrative of how inaction is unlikely to change things. If Winston Churchill was alive and a Rovers fan, he'd be a trembler. Neville Chamberlain would be there, having come back waving a piece of paper with the Pune Agreement, hailing Peace in Kean's Time. He'd be sat with a tartan rug covering his knees, warming his appeasing hands on his flask and happily cheering on the team. "C'mon on, Jason lad! If you can't score, just try and get some positive entries in the opposition box!"

Some might say that analogising our situation with the war is daft. Not however, one might say, as daft as when Steve Kean's sticky patch was being compared to Sir Alex Ferguson's at Old Trafford!

Not bad ... but surely the trembler would have been Lord Haw Haw ... the traitorous enemy within .. who's rantings from the sidelines attempted to disrupt the war effort by spewing negativity over the home nations (Ewood).

Not bad ... but surely the trembler would have been Lord Haw Haw ... the traitorous enemy within .. who's rantings from the sidelines attempted to disrupt the war effort by spewing negativity over the home nations (Ewood).

Very good.

I think the major issue is, as it often is with many people on message boards, tact, or lack there of.

I can fully appreciate your views, and would lay down my life to protect your ability to have them, that does not mean that I do not have to agree. Personally, I think that the owners have committed howler, after mistake, upon gaff. Their stock is so low in my eyes that China wouldn't even buy them.

The manager is so sub par that he will never get out of the rough. Kean could levitate above Ewood with a halo and part the River Darwen, on his way to be crucified upon Billinge Hill, and I would still dislike the Cheshire cat looking son-of-a-itch.

Telling others that they are foolish to think anything is always a no win situation, in my opinion.

I donut agree with you by the way.

Lord Haw-Haw would have gone over to India and taken in whatever the regime said. He would have then spouted the regurgitated diatribes to those back home. I suggest you look far closer to home for the Lord Haw-Haw amongst us.

The traitors within are those who will not do all it takes to get Kean out. He's taking us down. Simple, really.

What is it now...3 wins from 21 games? In all of those bar the City game, the Rovers fans did not complain. So, what's all this cack about a negative atmosphere influencing the players? It can't make it any worse, can it? They might even start remembering why they are being paid tens of thousands a week and start winning once in a blue moon.

Archived