BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

I can't see a copy of the FF report, the one Ste B pasted on here, on the official Rovers site and will there be a more detailed report published?

The comments on here are very interesting but are only reaching a minority of the support. I would think it very useful, in fact also incumbent upon, the FF to have more detail published on rovers.co.UK

Or have I completely missed something?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see a copy of the FF report, the one Ste B pasted on here, on the official Rovers site and will there be a more detailed report published?

The comments on here are very interesting but are only reaching a minority of the support. I would think it very useful, in fact also incumbent upon, the FF to have more detail published on rovers.co.UK

Or have I completely missed something?

I'd have thought the LT would have interviewed a few of the trippers and run an article (i'm assuming they haven't, I can't get it here in aggy)

I think John was interviewed for the LT after we got back and he answered a lot of very probing questions from PhilipL on our podcast

The reason we put out a simple statement and then encouraged those who went to talk about their own experiences was because, as you've already found, everyone remembers different bits slightly differently, so it's far better these are known to be personal recollections than statement of record. There may come a day when future meetings are minuted, but this was an essential step towards that.

As for was it worth it. Personally I've been trying to find a way to personally deliver my concerns to somebody able to directly address them for some time now. I feel we did that, so for me, it was worth it. Will those concerns be acted on? Only time will tell will tell and I could never influence that anyway, but it's still better they heard it direct than not.

As for was it worth it. Personally I've been trying to find a way to personally deliver my concerns to somebody able to directly address them for some time now. I feel we did that, so for me, it was worth it. Will those concerns be acted on? Only time will tell will tell and I could never influence that anyway, but it's still better they heard it direct than not.

Glenn

Was there a direct line of communication back to Raos (reps) and vice versa set up for when you returned to blighty ie to report back to or is that something in the 'pipeline'.

Just find it strange that all this has happened without recourse so to speak if not

Pipeline. The work we've done so far being the start of the pipeline (or so we hope) but a key point (on both sides) was that this should be a small first step towards better dialogue.

I also now have a much better understanding of how the existing fans->fans forum->club->owners pipeline works too.

I think John was interviewed for the LT after we got back and he answered a lot of very probing questions from PhilipL on our podcast

The reason we put out a simple statement and then encouraged those who went to talk about their own experiences was because, as you've already found, everyone remembers different bits slightly differently, so it's far better these are known to be personal recollections than statement of record. There may come a day when future meetings are minuted, but this was an essential step towards that.

But Glenn this was the Fans Forum and as far as I can make out if one isn't a BRFCS member the detail available is very sketchy

But Glenn this was the Fans Forum and as far as I can make out if one isn't a BRFCS member the detail available is very sketchy

I agree, we've tried to talk to other people (John's done the LT and I've answered questions on Vital), but I agree this is still a small percentage of fans, but I don't really know how best to address this.

Ultimately it was an unminuted set of meetings, I'd love to be able to give chapter and verse on everything said, but as you've already seen were all remembering the details slightly differently. Hopefully it's a first step towards more structured and minuted meetings, but for the moment, it is what it is.

• Backroom

I did an interview for Rovervision but it wasn't really about what came out of the meeting moreso the events of the trip and the game.

Happy to meet up with anyone to chat though and I believe others who went have already done the same.

I agree, we've tried to talk to other people (John's done the LT and I've answered questions on Vital), but I agree this is still a small percentage of fans, but I don't really know how best to address this.

1. I would suggest the Fans Forum could start by putting it on rovers.co.uk as unless you know about Pune9.com your stuck
  2. Secondly as this was good PR for the club and Raos I would expect Lee Grooby to have written a front page item for the club site - it would beat most of the nausea we normally get
  3. The FF should be putting out a much more detailed document after some consideration

It is already apparent to me some fans are far more aware of the full details of the trip than others. The big problem is this is another set of people who could be perceived to be "in the know." I think this has created divisions and friction between supporters and is therefore not a good thing to allow.

Ultimately it was an unminuted set of meetings, I'd love to be able to give chapter and verse on everything said, but as you've already seen were all remembering the details slightly differently. Hopefully it's a first step towards more structured and minuted meetings, but for the moment, it is what it is.

That it was unminuted surely gives more scope for providing greater detail to the supporters? I very much hope it is the first of many.

I think I'd like to see something on the Rovers website along the lines of what we have done here but I suspect that whatever we might produce might be difficult to actually get agreement on with the club. I fear it would end up as little more than the statement we issued last week in the end. That's better than nothing but as you have no doubt seen, considerably less enlightening than posts on here and the podcast.

I can see your point there o2g but it does of course beg the question why was the Fans Forum invited if the club / owners won't allow a sensible report or discussion on the official site?

One objective of the trip was to begin to establish an improved relationship between the Raos and the fans. If the club, and therefore presumably the Raos, will not allow such a report one has to question their seriousness / willingness to progress this.

In a week when the owners may face a Venky's Out protest in the ground it could have been a very good move?

When the Fans Forum trip was first mooted I, along with many others, believed the FF as a body should not make the trip to Pune believing such discussion should be taking place at Ewood. Despite this view I was and remain very supportive of the individuals brave enough to make the trip and felt they would / did represent Rovers support extremely well. They received some awful abuse for having the courage of their convictions, from some posters still are, and this is clearly wrong in many ways.

After listening to the recent Pune Special 2 podcast and having the chance to talk with one of the Pune 9 I have changed my view entirely. I would urge everyone to listen to the podcast and, where needed, read closely between the lines. It's clear from John's remarks the 9 were being closely monitored, even "vetted," to assess the attitude and demeanour of the fans who travelled to India. I feel we can learn from this and gain some understanding of how Indian business culture works - it's now obvious without each of the meetings that took place, from the "chance" encounter at the temple through to discussion with Balaji, it would not have been possible to have any serious discussion at Ewood. I feel there is a process which had to be followed, probably one most of us are / were unaware of, whereby it was necessary to move slowly but surely up the chain as each "test" was passed.

I'd like to thank the FF for having the courage to accept the original offer, albeit under very different circumstances than those we currently face, and being prepared to travel thousands of miles on our behalf.

We should not underestimate the value to the general support of having a Fans Forum with members who have the foresight to appreciate the need to make this trip. Perhaps it was not fully understood how the process would work but if the trip had not taken place it's clear no progress would be made, now or in the future.

The travelers believe the words they have heard and been impressed with what they have seen. It really does now lay with the Raos to back up the words with actions.

My signature has changed slightly!!!

'things can only get better'

Are you sure?

Ah that's been there for months!!!! and of course it always applies whatever the circumstance.

The bit I changed was to remove VENKY'S OUT in large blue capitals as I no longer think this to be an option.......................well actually I do believe there is one slight chance of this happening, and may be ongoing right now, but basically I think we are stuck with what we've got and have to work with them.

Don't get me wrong ABBEY, I'm still not happy, but on the ownership question I see only a very slight, if any, chance of change.

As for an example of improvement I can't offer one.

An enlightening and refreshing post. Just the kind of new and interesting insight this thread is sorely lacking. Congratulations.

maybe you should read the poll %'s on the kean out and venky's ownership threads

that would give anybody all the insight they need, but looking at when you joined the board, maybe you don't want to do that!

An enlightening and refreshing post. Just the kind of new and interesting insight this thread is sorely lacking. Congratulations.

as opposed to yours you mean....zzzzzzz

Don't get me wrong ABBEY, I'm still not happy, but on the ownership question I see only a very slight, if any, chance of change.

just because they say it doesnt mean diddly squat .

just because they say it doesnt mean diddly squat .

Archived