BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four points in seven games before the Pune trip. Two points in four games since. So, six points from 11 games it is.

After three wins in twenty four league games, a question yet to be answered is...

When exactly is Kean going to be judged by results?

I don't think they will. My gut feeling is that they haven't grasped (or considered) to potential for relegation,

He seems to have convinced the Raos that he's the next Alex Ferguson and that by sticking with him, we'll enjoy success on the scale of United.

On that note I wasn't happy that Gerald felt the need to mention Ferguson's milestone during the halftime match roundup, yet didn't bother about Rovers' own milestone. How often does the club's anniversary fall on a match day?

• Backroom

It appears to me the Pune trip was a complete waste of time !!! Except for the 9 having a free holiday and Venkys some advertising on SSN ...

In that case so are any protests. The owners were told straight down the line what the majority fan view on the manager was and what will happen if he isn't removed, I hope others can sway them if they make the trip as mentioned but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In my view they will remove him on their terms when they can bring a big name in and make a triumph of it.

In that case so are any protests. The owners were told straight down the line what the majority fan view on the manager was and what will happen if he isn't removed, I hope others can sway them if they make the trip as mentioned but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In my view they will remove him on their terms when they can bring a big name in and make a triumph of it.

What Venky want and what Venky get are invariably two completely different things.

Sorry Tom, I might have missed that. What were they told will happen?

I hope you are right. Because a big name will only come in if made the right offer BEFORE it's too late.

Possible , but unlikely , would you work for the Venkys ???? I am sure no self respecting Big name football manager will, because we will be relegated by the time ,they get round to it ..

• Backroom

Sorry Tom, I might have missed that. What were they told will happen?

For a start all anger that is directed at the manager will turn towards the owners

Out of interest, during the discussions out in Pune, did the Raos ever justify some of their decision making since taking over - like alienating experienced operators such as Williams/Finn, appointing a complete novice as manager, not having a chairman etc?

Would be interesting to hear, face to face, what they have to say on such issues.

Weren't you going to go once upon a time?

I did go last month for a weeks holiday to Mumbai to visit friends. I mentioned arranging to meet the owners but seeing as the Pune trip was released shortly after I didn't bother attempting to make arrangements. Seeing how they have ignored the Pune 9 it wouldn't have made any difference if I had gone.

Legit question, aimed at any of the Pune9(+2):

How do you feel since coming back? Tom has referenced being disappointed (to paraphrase) but I am wondering is there any glaring issue you thought might be fixed, (aside from kean and points) or do you feel used/toyed with? Spirits seemed quite high upon return and I just wonder what it feels like now you've had a chance to digest and see some progression/lack there of.

Edit: Also please post any positives since the trip, I'm not baiting for negative responses. Either work, thanks.

• Backroom

My views on the lack of action that was implied have been well aired now so I'll let someone else take that, it would be unfair on others for me to keep babbling on about my point and for people to think its the view of the whole when in fact for all I know it might not be.

TBH Tom I was prepared to and did give the whole trip the benefit of the doubt, even to the point I was ready to give the Raos a chance.

The truth is nothing has happened since your return, the FF has not, or perhaps have not been allowed, to report in detail to the supporters it represents. I have reason to believe the FF is being deliberately silenced. In the last few days we have observed the club taking, sadly very effective, steps to gag protesters. The Rao family have again not shown their faces at the club

Privately I suspect you all now realise the FF was trussed up like a chicken and as a voice of the fans it was given lip service. Nothing more.

It is clear the Raos have dug their heels in. I will be astonished if Kean goes. The club will be relegated and we can do nothing but sit back and see what happens.

I have reason to believe the FF is being deliberately silenced. In the last few days we have observed the club taking, sadly very effective, steps to gag protesters. The Rao family have again not shown their faces at the club

Thats 100% not true, we've been told that we can say what we want about the trip.

Archived