BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] VENKY'S OUT

Roverall

I for one am fed up of giving Venky's 'time to learn'. I don't care who advised them or how bad that advice was - the buck stops with the owners of the club.

Since last November we've been disrespected, lied to and subjected to Steve Kean's dreadful record and even worse spin.

If Venky's truly had the fans interests at heart they would have sacked Steve Kean and installed a proper manager several months ago. So they know nothing about football? How about simple statistics? Kean's record speaks for itself.

Chicken adverts, Jerome Anderson and press statements more ridiculous than anything the Monty Python crew could have come up with. Christ... is that what it's come to? I really am dreaming about the day Blackburn Rovers is back on a stable footing with respectable owners who actually take the fans into account... the thought that this may never come to pass is sobering to say the least.

The fact that there were no buyers for the club until the Raos came along illustrates how difficult it would be (even more so as things stand) to find new owners should they decide to cut their losses... and none of us has a magic solution or deep enough pockets to fix this mess.

But that isn't stopping me from dreaming of VENKY'S OUT.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am fed up of giving Venky's 'time to learn'. I don't care who advised them or how bad that advice was - the buck stops with the owners of the club.

Since last November we've been disrespected, lied to and subjected to Steve Kean's dreadful record and even worse spin.

If Venky's truly had the fans interests at heart they would have sacked Steve Kean and installed a proper manager several months ago. So they know nothing about football? How about simple statistics? Kean's record speaks for itself.

Chicken adverts, Jerome Anderson and press statements more ridiculous than anything the Monty Python crew could have come up with. Christ... is that what it's come to? I really am dreaming about the day Blackburn Rovers is back on a stable footing with respectable owners who actually take the fans into account... the thought that this may never come to pass is sobering to say the least.

The fact that there were no buyers for the club until the Raos came along illustrates how difficult it would be (even more so as things stand) to find new owners should they decide to cut their losses... and none of us has a magic solution or deep enough pockets to fix this mess.

But that isn't stopping me from dreaming of VENKY'S OUT.

:rover: well said that man :angry::brfcsmilie:

Well as there is nobody else wanting to buy the club, we are stuck with what we have. Until somebody with a lot of money comes along, who wants to it put into Rovers, this thread is pointless.

Is there anybody interested in buying Rovers?

Guest Rovers4Good

It's a great shout but for me we are stuck with them and we'll just have to get on with it.

Kean OUT well that's another matter and something i'll be hoping for sooner rather than later.

Venkys are stuck between a rock and a hard place and if they'd been advised well enough then i'm sure this mess wouldn't have happened. There are people behind the scenes who have made some good money from our owners and have been very clever in the way they've gone about this and i'm sure now they have learnt the hard lesson.

Unfortunately at this point out club doesn't seem very stable from the outside and ONLY IF Venky's had come out and spoken to the fans (a simple press conference would have done) and highlighted their plans for our future and forget the publicity cr*p with trying to sign the biggest names in world football and aiming for a Champions League spot because we all know it's not going to happen anytime soon.

We need to focus on the fact that we are a small family club and one which has got a Premiership pedigree and in past seasons we've been very stable in this respect but with the likes of Williams leaving then the time is now for the owners to stand up and be counted. :)

As TGM said, it's a nonsensical statement. For Venky's to leave one of two things would have to happen.

a. We are sold

b. We are wound up (as in go out of business).

Given we were regarded by one of the best run clubs in the premiership and running at roughly break even and it took 6 years for a. to happen and we're now a far less attractive option, we can forget that happening any time soon and it's not something the fans can influence (the problem isn't convincing to sell, it's convincing somebody else to buy).

Nobody wants b.

So, if you really want new owners, the real solution is stop complaining about the current ones and start helping to bring the club back to it's former glory, so we become an attractive business proposition to somebody else.

Venkys are idiots but deep down I think they are decent people.

We could be much worse off like Everton or so many teams struggling badly.

Blackburn is too small a town to make it on it's own

Do you know the owners ? For all you know they might be very intelligent but arrogant and vindictive people.

Everton are not worse off than us - they have an excellent manager and a stable boardroom. There are no other clubs struggling like us with an incompetent manager and ingenue owners.

Blackburn is not too small a town to make what on its own ? If you mean to support a stable Premier League football club you're wrong again because the past 10 years have shown that with experienced and prudent management it is perfectly possible to thrive in the big league with only a smallish fan base.

Apart from that a good post.

As TGM said, it's a nonsensical statement. For Venky's to leave one of two things would have to happen.

a. We are sold

b. We are wound up (as in go out of business).

Given we were regarded by one of the best run clubs in the premiership and running at roughly break even and it took 6 years for a. to happen and we're now a far less attractive option, we can forget that happening any time soon and it's not something the fans can influence (the problem isn't convincing to sell, it's convincing somebody else to buy).

Nobody wants b.

So, if you really want new owners, the real solution is stop complaining about the current ones and start helping to bring the club back to it's former glory, so we become an attractive business proposition to somebody else.

So Glenn you are in India and talking to one of the Rao brothers having a Phall curry over dinner, Blackburn have lost to Man City and Mr Rao says " you know, I really can;t believe we are so low in the league you know, Glenn would you advise me to keep Kean on or would you replace him and with who realistically, you know?"

What would you say Glenn?

Do you know the owners ? For all you know they might be very intelligent but arrogant and vindictive people.

do you own the owners? from watching their interviews they seems honest just naive, it seems they have taken bad advice from Anderson, and spent crazy money on transfer fee, I'm going to side with honest naive fools and not intellgent vindictive people.

Everton are not worse off than us - they have an excellent manager and a stable boardroom. There are no other clubs struggling like us with an incompetent manager and ingenue owners.

Obviously my statement is a financial one, they are I heard 50 million in debt with an owner worth 10 million in assets, the other owners don't even care, Everton will have to continue selling their best players, Moyles will probably leave, anyway Portsmouth would be a better example, I hope I was clearly stating other "clubs" are worse off

Blackburn is not too small a town to make what on its own ? If you mean to support a stable Premier League football club you're wrong again because the past 10 years have shown that with experienced and prudent management it is perfectly possible to thrive in the big league with only a smallish fan base.

In a PL where almost every club doing well has investment, its just the way it is now, I always felt our days were numbered under The Walkers Trust, I agree Sam was very good, but he wouldn't have been around forever, eventually a Harford/Hodgson would come along again waste the little money we have and we would never recover.

Apart from that a good reply

Not sure about that. Until the last year when a sale became imminent, the Walker Trust were propping Rovers up. Our fanbase isn't smallish, by PL standards its very small. The thing to bear in mind with our crowds is our tickets cost a lot less than everyone else, so our 22,000 crowds are effectively making about as much money as say 15,000, which is less than Blackpool were getting last season. Rovers have thrived the last 10 years because of that extra £3m+ a year the Trust were putting in and because Souness, Hughes and Allardyce were above par for the course in management ability.

Suppose this is why most fans desperately want to believe Venkys will come good and back up at least some of their promises of investment. If they could be magically replaced with sensible owners who didn't want to put money in or taken money out and could manage the club well, it'd probably still only be a matter of time before we were relegated.

Honest people chris? Do you for one minute believed them when they said beckham , ronny, maradona , riquelme etc I honestly believe it's all done for for publicising team venky and NOT rovers! They would have to spend massive amounts of money for ANY big name and they have now done two windows and have not! Do I believe they are honest or full of bull ? I answer mooooooooooo

So Glenn you are in India and talking to one of the Rao brothers having a Phall curry over dinner, Blackburn have lost to Man City and Mr Rao says " you know, I really can;t believe we are so low in the league you know, Glenn would you advise me to keep Kean on or would you replace him and with who realistically, you know?"

What would you say Glenn?

I'd say "Who the hell ordered me a Phall, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food, can somebody get me a Korma please".

Hand on heart, I think I'd say "I think you may have a future world class manager on your hands, but I think he's learning his trade and he's in real danger of taking Rovers downs in doing so. Now I know you guys have talking to other managers, you have a better idea than me who is viable and who isn't, so who do you have in the frame?"

I'd say "Who the hell ordered me a Phall, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food, can somebody get me a Korma please".

Hand on heart, I think I'd say "I think you may have a future world class manager on your hands, but I think he's learning his trade and he's in real danger of taking Rovers downs in doing so. Now I know you guys have talking to other managers, you have a better idea than me who is viable and who isn't, so who do you have in the frame?"

Please, please, PLEASE do not say that bit.

They will listen to that and think "ah, future world class manager" and ignore the rest.

There are very few positives when it comes to our current situation, Kean is not a future world class manager and so please don't try and invent them.

Archived