BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] VENKY'S OUT

Roverall

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say "Who the hell ordered me a Phall, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food, can somebody get me a Korma please".

Hand on heart, I think I'd say "I think you may have a future world class manager on your hands, but I think he's learning his trade and he's in real danger of taking Rovers downs in doing so. Now I know you guys have talking to other managers, you have a better idea than me who is viable and who isn't, so who do you have in the frame?"

Hand on heart you would really say that? No wonder there is some discontent about this trip. I originally thought that going would be a good thing but that comment has convinced me that you should not go.

Guest Rovers4Good

Chris - "from watching their interviews they seems honest just naive".

What word would you use to describe Venky's offer document to the minority shareholders?

Very Naive but they are business people and they are running it like a business. It's not like the Walker era where the club was his life and i think Venkys are learning fast that in this business the fans get their way as if they lose fans, they lose $$$$$$$$$.

Please, please, PLEASE do not say that bit.

They will listen to that and think "ah, future world class manager" and ignore the rest.

There are very few positives when it comes to our current situation, Kean is not a future world class manager and so please don't try and invent them.

And here in lies the rub.

I have absolutely no issue with those going, but the make up of the group is not ideal, that's not the FF's fault as they are not the instigators of this visit. Where are the antagonists? Does anyone have any background with which to comment on football with authority? Neither are present in the group and because of that I just don't see it being what people are hoping and it will be more of a 'this is us' trip. That's no slate on those going, but also remember that people will be talking to Venky's prior to your visit. Given what we have seen so far I highly doubt Venky's will listen seriously as they have always listened to their trusted lieutenants. No matter what is said 'golden tongue' will be there countering your arguments (if allowed).

Those saying that it should be done here, well these people weren't even prepared to hang around as scheduled when sacking JW. So they are hardly likely to face the fans on mass as people need to remember they come from a chicken family.

I'd say "Who the hell ordered me a Phall, I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food, can somebody get me a Korma please".

Hand on heart, I think I'd say "I think you may have a future world class manager on your hands, but I think he's learning his trade and he's in real danger of taking Rovers downs in doing so. Now I know you guys have talking to other managers, you have a better idea than me who is viable and who isn't, so who do you have in the frame?"

Future world class manager? Is this a joke?

(Sorry just seen the post above. Yes you suck at comedy.... ;) )

• Backroom

Majiball - does anyone have the background to comment on football with authority?

Yes all 11 of us, we are all Rovers through and through, what other background could you need? Or do you think you only have a valid opinion on football if you have some sort of formal qualification in it?

Very Naive but they are business people and they are running it like a business. It's not like the Walker era where the club was his life and i think Venkys are learning fast that in this business the fans get their way as if they lose fans, they lose $$$$$$$$$.

R4G - in which context can the offer document be seen as Naieve?

I'm a great believer in getting your point over diplomatically but that is close to crawling and does not say what it means.

I have absolutely no issue with those going, but the make up of the group is not ideal, that's not the FF's fault as they are not the instigators of this visit. Where are the antagonists? Does anyone have any background with which to comment on football with authority? Neither are present in the group and because of that I just don't see it being what people are hoping and it will be more of a 'this is us' trip.

I suppose theres 2 arguments for/against the FF going.

For - I assume they're eloquent, they must be extremely passionate about Rovers, huge Rovers fans and through years of close contacts with the club probably know more about Rovers than most.

Against - As you say Majiball, is their links to the club going to make them less confrontational? I'd assume yes. If Venkys really wanted the raw opinions of our fanbase, they'd have drawn names at random off our season ticket database until they got 9 random fans willing to go.

Majiball - does anyone have the background to comment on football with authority?

Yes all 11 of us, we are all Rovers through and through, what other background could you need? Or do you think you only have a valid opinion on football if you have some sort of formal qualification in it?

Try looking at it a different way as opposed to bringing up the old qualification line.

You all go and get asked your opinions on the club, manager, players and so on. You all voice your opinions in the negative to the Venky's. So what do you think the Venky's will do? They will speak to their trusted advisor's, most likely they will counter with we work in football, they don't and so consequently don't understand the game to the degree we do. Whatever is said those are the type of replies your comments will face and you also need to consider the trust between them IE Kean and Venky's. If someone could speak with authority IE I've bought the T-shirt then your comments have more weight to the Venky's. You see no matter what you say you will have to create doubt in the Venky's about their choices to date, whilst they are talking to those they have very strong relationships with and trust, not an easy task. Especially given Keans shown he will do and say anything (Kamy) to maintain his position, if he's willing to say things like that publicly, then what is prepared to say privately?. You see your going to be speaking to people with zero footballing experience and knowledge and given the choice between a fan and a perceived 'expert' (that they trust) I think they'll favour the 'expert' as your status as a lover of the rovers can be easily twisted against you, especially since they trust Kean and others.

• Backroom

So in your opinion who would be qualified to talk about football? Just ex players and agents and the like?

The point of it is just Talking to fans no more or less than normal fans

I suppose theres 2 arguments for/against the FF going.

For - I assume they're eloquent, they must be extremely passionate about Rovers, huge Rovers fans and through years of close contacts with the club probably know more about Rovers than most.

Against - As you say Majiball, is their links to the club going to make them less confrontational? I'd assume yes. If Venkys really wanted the raw opinions of our fanbase, they'd have drawn names at random off our season ticket database until they got 9 random fans willing to go.

Look I am very happy that people who have given up their free time for our club are being rewarded with a visit. My comments are no reflection on anyone chosen to go to Pune and discuss their tenure to date as this supposedly is. I am sure that some of those going will raise the concerns of the majority of the fans, but if you are looking to create doubt between Kean and Venky's, then that's one mammoth task.

I hope the chosen meet before hand discuss all their viewpoints and come up with a structured and supported manner of getting points across effectively and with weight. Otherwise I don't think they've got a chance of creating any sort of doubt.

Honest people chris? Do you for one minute believed them when they said beckham , ronny, maradona , riquelme etc I honestly believe it's all done for for publicising team venky and NOT rovers! They would have to spend massive amounts of money for ANY big name and they have now done two windows and have not! Do I believe they are honest or full of bull ? I answer mooooooooooo

Actually I'm am not sure whether I believe the Beckham rumours are false, at the time they were interested in Ronaldinho this picture came out:

0,,10303~9271319,00.jpg

• The biggest boxing star of the last 20 years.
  • One of the biggest stars of R&B
  • A Rao brother looking ridiculous but loving it.

These guys were foolish enough to the think that we had a a top 7 team and Sam being 10th was underachieving (they said this, crazy) and by appointing Kean (recommend by their advisers) and signing a world star player, the club would get into the top 7 and be a massive PR stunt for them.

They were that naive, they though Sam was dragging us down, probably advised by Kean and Anderson. After this problems snowballed.

I think they have learnt a lot in the last year, sacking Kean would be an expensive lesson learnt.

But I'm sticking with naive fools at least they do want to do well, maybe Jim will be right and they will turn out to be extremely clever vindictive people, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Look how long it took the Trust to sell the club, Venkys are here to stay. If they bring in a decent manager then things should improve. They were always going to need time to learn how to run a football club considering their background. They made their lives very hard by bringing the idiot in as manager. This is a point that they can show they are learning.

They don't serve that mild crap in India and its dispectful not to eat your food lol. My local refused to serve me a phall he said its so hot you will not enjoy your meal, so I asked for a side plate of it, unbelieveably hot.

So in your opinion who would be qualified to talk about football? Just ex players and agents and the like?

The point of it is just Talking to fans no more or less than normal fans

Behave.

The point maybe just talking to the some fans, but the opportunity those that will be spoken to is massive.

Maj.

This happens before every meeting anyway, but to clarify on this, we are having a meeting tomorrow night, and will have plenty of time on the plane and in the airport to get things together.

Fair enough and I'm glad some sort of planning is going on, but you have a fantastic chance to put some nails in coffins. I hope one of the group has a good knowledge of Indians believes and values and that past events are utilised to show these are not displayed by some at the club.

Guest Rovers4Good

R4G - in which context can the offer document be seen as Naieve?

We all know that when they got hold of the club there was one man in the thick of things and he was the go to man to which Venkys used in order to help them get a footing on the football scene and when bringing others into the club this person used the Venkys for his own personal gain and until recently he was still the go to man but now that has changed since he was paid nearly 4 times the amount that the actual transfer fee was so that in my eyes sees Venkys as Naive. :)

Fair enough and I'm glad some sort of planning is going on, but you have a fantastic chance to put some nails in coffins. I hope one of the group has a good knowledge of Indians believes and values and that past events are utilised to show these are not displayed by some at the club.

Its a massive part of my Day job, and i'm currently working with a large onshored contingent. Its not easy, I've seen that any form of criticism, no matter how constructive is never taken well. Takes a lot of time to build a relationship where that it accepted.

Its not easy, I've seen that any form of criticism, no matter how constructive is never taken well. Takes a lot of time to build a relationship where that it accepted.

IMO this is a massive part of our problem. My experience is that Indian business culture sees failure very badly, and potting Kean would make their decision to appoint him make them look stupid amongst their peers. I think this is queering their decision making on this.

• Backroom

IMO this is a massive part of our problem. My experience is that Indian business culture sees failure very badly, and potting Kean would make their decision to appoint him make them look stupid amongst their peers. I think this is queering their decision making on this.

Then we really have no chance of getting Kean out ! :(

Try looking at it a different way as opposed to bringing up the old qualification line.

You all go and get asked your opinions on the club, manager, players and so on. You all voice your opinions in the negative to the Venky's. So what do you think the Venky's will do? They will speak to their trusted advisor's, most likely they will counter with we work in football, they don't and so consequently don't understand the game to the degree we do.

Lots of staff from Ewood are going over.....people 'in football'

I'd love them to articulate to the Pune 10 - what they have learned since they took over the club and how does that differ to what they thought was going to happen.

Excellent question.

Archived