BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] VENKY'S OUT

Roverall

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO this is a massive part of our problem. My experience is that Indian business culture sees failure very badly, and potting Kean would make their decision to appoint him make them look stupid amongst their peers. I think this is queering their decision making on this.

That may very well be the case Ozz, but our esteemed owners need to realise that in all things Rovers (and indeed all things football) they are the ones who are out of THEIR culture, and therefore they should work to English football etiquete and accept that they are the learners and must accept that "WE" are the ones that know the rules, cutoms and ways of doing things. If they can't accept that then they are the ones in the wrong and absolutely no question about it.

Having said all that...I DONT want rid of them at all. I simply want them to learn and learn quickly and properly. I am sure there are no end of people that would willingly advise them in a proper way and not for money either.

Venkys are idiots but deep down I think they are decent people.

We could be much worse off like Everton or so many teams struggling badly.

Blackburn is too small a town to make it on it's own

Well said, I'm not too sure that idiots is the right word though..Thery just don't know how to run a football club. They will learn though. After all, who else would buy a small town club like Rovers. Thank fook that El Sayed didn't buy the club.

Not sure about that. Until the last year when a sale became imminent, the Walker Trust were propping Rovers up. Our fanbase isn't smallish, by PL standards its very small. The thing to bear in mind with our crowds is our tickets cost a lot less than everyone else, so our 22,000 crowds are effectively making about as much money as say 15,000, which is less than Blackpool were getting last season. Rovers have thrived the last 10 years because of that extra £3m+ a year the Trust were putting in and because Souness, Hughes and Allardyce were above par for the course in management ability.

Suppose this is why most fans desperately want to believe Venkys will come good and back up at least some of their promises of investment. If they could be magically replaced with sensible owners who didn't want to put money in or taken money out and could manage the club well, it'd probably still only be a matter of time before we were relegated.

It was 3-4 years before the sale that the walker trust last put money into the club.

IMO this is a massive part of our problem. My experience is that Indian business culture sees failure very badly, and potting Kean would make their decision to appoint him make them look stupid amongst their peers. I think this is queering their decision making on this.

They'll look worse if we get relegated...

They could look at it a different way. They listened to Kean, they gave him a chance, but he messed it up. All venkys have done is give somebody a chance. Kean repaid venky's trust with incompotence. That is all venkys have to say.

I believe, Venkys were lied too from the moment the idea came about for them to buy the club. I suggest that they are maybe victims, as well as the club. But they are the ones who have realised that, But are also the ones who can put things right and take the upperhand.

Kean has shown to us all that he is a liar, a deluded man, who believe his own post match tales. Obviously watches a different match that supporters do.

Venkys gave a man a chance, who has shown us all that he is not up to the task. Venkys would show their strengths if they have the courage to sack Kean. But sadly there is probable more strength in the chickens they feed than there is in venky's.

As TGM said, it's a nonsensical statement. For Venky's to leave one of two things would have to happen.

a. We are sold

b. We are wound up (as in go out of business).

Given we were regarded by one of the best run clubs in the premiership and running at roughly break even and it took 6 years for a. to happen and we're now a far less attractive option, we can forget that happening any time soon and it's not something the fans can influence (the problem isn't convincing to sell, it's convincing somebody else to buy).

Nobody wants b.

So, if you really want new owners, the real solution is stop complaining about the current ones and start helping to bring the club back to it's former glory, so we become an attractive business proposition to somebody else.

:rover: barry white could not have said it better,one freebie and your bought :angry::brfcsmilie:

So the assistant manager is potted because he wasn't doing the manager's job. Bravo.

Another masterstroke by those intellectual bulwarks in Pune.

This kind of tosh is going to persist under Venky's ownership - nothing to suggest otherwise.

I maintain the view that, although we are stuck with them, we don't have to be silent about our disdain for their idiocy and current demolition job.

So the assistant manager is potted because he wasn't doing the manager's job. Bravo.

Another masterstroke by those intellectual bulwarks in Pune.

This kind of tosh is going to persist under Venky's ownership - nothing to suggest otherwise.

I maintain the view that, although we are stuck with them, we don't have to be silent about our disdain for their idiocy and current demolition job.

This venkys out thread is pointless. Unless we have somebody who publically says they want to buy the club from venkys. Venkys cannot and will not leave. How can they without a buyer. Now if somebody made an a public announcement they want to buy the club. somebody who fans like, then Venky's out would be right. But until then, the focus must be on Kean. To get him out.

I am seriously sick and tired of all things Blackburn Rovers at the moment and at the hub of this anger is Venkys. I really and truly couldn't give two hoots whether they sell us, give us away, auction us or whatever. The root cause of EVERY problem at the moment is Venkys. They sacked Sam, appointed the imposter, won't get rid of the imposter whilst allowing to him to do what he wants, got rid of good, honest loyal football men, got rid of the assistant manager and a whole host of other things. In my opinion the sooner they leave Blackburn Rovers the better, they couldn't really give a stuff about the club or fans.

We are where we are because of this lot and I feel it's going to get a lot worse before we get any semblance of normality and pride back into our club.

Venkys I am beginning to despise you.

Not firing Kean is the same as Mrs D using £50m as sanitary towels.

Prolonging the agony and deeply uncomfortable where it really hurts. Both result in not having £50m.

:lol: :lol:

Who are you, and what have you done with the usual Philip?!

The dynamics of the crowd's reaction to Venky's could get interesting.

Had we lost against Arsenal, the crowd's anger would have been vented 100% against Kean and Venky's would have emerged relatively unscaithed.

If we get a bad one today (or in any of the forthcoming home games), I am not so sure the abuse will be restricted to calling for Kean's head.

Venky's might find that Kean has not only thrown John Jensen under the bus to save his job but by getting them to keep him, he has in effect thrown Venky's under the bus as well in terms of the Rovers crowd.

The dynamics of the crowd's reaction to Venky's could get interesting.

Had we lost against Arsenal, the crowd's anger would have been vented 100% against Kean and Venky's would have emerged relatively unscaithed.

If we get a bad one today (or in any of the forthcoming home games), I am not so sure the abuse will be restricted to calling for Kean's head.

Venky's might find that Kean has not only thrown John Jensen under the bus to save his job but by getting them to keep him, he has in effect thrown Venky's under the bus as well in terms of the Rovers crowd.

This latest fiasco beggar's belief.

I have no real knowledge of Jensen's coaching applies but for the no. 2 to carry the blame alone is appalling.

Kean has to have some sort of hold over the Venkys. I have seen this alluded to before on other threads and have come to believe that there has to be someting in it.

Venkys and not Kean (who I despise) are solely resonsible - they employ the chicken scratching runt.

Venkys has had many chances to make it all good, but they have made so many stupid and childish decisions so far, and they're not making it easy for themselves.

Im still hoping they have some braincells left to make a few right decisions, its is not too late for them to be good owners.

But unless they sack Steve Kean (im gonna celebrate so hard the day that finally happens!!!) it doesnt matter how many PR-stunts they do, cause it wont make up for the fact that the idiot Kean is in charge, which is ridiciolus!!! :rolleyes:

Archived