BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

I guess Kean will be sacked - as manager - in the next few days. I think it possible that Kean will be 'offered' the no2 position, with somebody else brought in as manager. I think the only reason he was not sacked sametime as Jensen, was too close to match day. Venkys did not want Jensen to be the manager if they sacked Kean.

Kean stands alone today. He carries the can for the performance and result today. He cannot blame any assistant manager. I cannot help believing that kean has in the pass, put the blame for defeats on jensen, maybe during trips to India.

He can only blame himself today.

I sort of agree. But then you do have to ask who would manage the club? The only way that could work is if we had someone lined up who had 100% agreed to take the reigns. Looking at the shambolic corporate adminstration of Rovers that is about 0% likely. After todays game there might be the spark of an inkling to find someone new, but it is going to take weeks to sort it out. The temptation from the boards point of view will be to "see how it works out, maybe it will be okay.....?"

His career path will have crossed with Kean's between 2003-2006, at Fulham.

The fact he's at Chelsea suggests he's decent in his role. But only first team coach for just under two years, and ready for a step up as Assistant Manager?

My opinion? Another gamble that he has the necessary impact at a time when we need proven quality/experience at Management level.

Nothing will change until Kean is upgraded.

Edited by Jisty

Have we still no news from the club on the reason for Jensen's removal. I still haven't heard Kean being asked to explain the reasons as explained to him (except the very brief refusal to comment for legal reasons on ITV Sport last week) and for his reation to his number two being removed without his say so (or with it?!)

Have I missed something? The media seem reluctant to ask Kean the big questions such as the above points and for his view on whether his record since January is acceptable.

Shearer's strong defence of Kean, which totally ignored last season's results, is also disappointing.

Apologies if there has been an update on the Jensen position but if so I expected it on this thread.

• 1 month later...

Have we still no news from the club on the reason for Jensen's removal. I still haven't heard Kean being asked to explain the reasons as explained to him (except the very brief refusal to comment for legal reasons on ITV Sport last week) and for his reation to his number two being removed without his say so (or with it?!)

Have I missed something? The media seem reluctant to ask Kean the big questions such as the above points and for his view on whether his record since January is acceptable.

Shearer's strong defence of Kean, which totally ignored last season's results, is also disappointing.

Apologies if there has been an update on the Jensen position but if so I expected it on this thread.

Of course nothing from the club but here is a Google translate of an article in a major Danish newspaper tonight:

It caused surprise when John 'Faxe' Jensen got kicked in England Blackburn Rovers.

Too good enough, Premier League club while disappointed, but it is rare that it's assistant - and not the manager - who pays the price for failure.

But Steve Kean is still in office in Blackburn, who as recently as Saturday ran into yet another defeat against Stoke, while 'Faxe' is the past at Ewood Park.

And according to TV channel 6's, then hang the thing together.

Saturday brought the channel broadcast a report showing it from many sides alleged that Kean sacrificed the Dane to save his own skin.

- When a manager has been under pressure as Kean has been in a prolonged period, so goes the Board normally and firing the manager - not the assistant, says BBC journalist Andy Bayes, who is surprised that John Faxe 'Jensen was wearing responsible for Blackburn's problems.

Under 6s Steve Kean went so far in 'assassination' on his assistant that he wrote an email to the board, which he criticized John 'Faxe' Jensen to blame for the players' bad shape because of faulty training methods, just as he allegedly accused 'Faxe' for not following his instructions.

Of course nothing from the club but here is a Google translate of an article in a major Danish newspaper tonight:

It caused surprise when John 'Faxe' Jensen got kicked in England Blackburn Rovers.

Too good enough, Premier League club while disappointed, but it is rare that it's assistant - and not the manager - who pays the price for failure.

But Steve Kean is still in office in Blackburn, who as recently as Saturday ran into yet another defeat against Stoke, while 'Faxe' is the past at Ewood Park.

And according to TV channel 6's, then hang the thing together.

Saturday brought the channel broadcast a report showing it from many sides alleged that Kean sacrificed the Dane to save his own skin.

- When a manager has been under pressure as Kean has been in a prolonged period, so goes the Board normally and firing the manager - not the assistant, says BBC journalist Andy Bayes, who is surprised that John Faxe 'Jensen was wearing responsible for Blackburn's problems.

Under 6s Steve Kean went so far in 'assassination' on his assistant that he wrote an email to the board, which he criticized John 'Faxe' Jensen to blame for the players' bad shape because of faulty training methods, just as he allegedly accused 'Faxe' for not following his instructions.

A true snake and despicable person.

• 6 years later...

Don't know whether anyone has noticed but our old assistant manager has been appointed caretaker manager of the Denmark national team. Wonder if his old Arsenal connections have come in useful this time round.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7175355/john-jensen-denmark-manager-arsenal/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1536151793

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't know whether anyone has noticed but our old assistant manager has been appointed caretaker manager of the Denmark national team. Wonder if his old Arsenal connections have come in useful this time round.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7175355/john-jensen-denmark-manager-arsenal/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1536151793

It is a bit of a crisis for the danish national team, none of the first team players are gonna play this match. The squad consist of players from the danish second division and futsal players.