BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sutton q and a

ABBEY

I wouldn't pay 6p let alone 6 quid to see him, out of the entire squad he was the only one who wouldn't chat , sign autographs or mingle with fans at malmo airport.

A bloke who lived near him said he used to dangle from trees at 4am in a morning . Cuckoo.

Guest Rovers4Good

If we're on about Chris Sutton then yes there were a couple of occasions where i would say "What a to**er".

Once i Browns Bistro where he was good friends with the owner Dave Brown and he was having a meal with his wife and he was well cooked and he was sick on his table and Browney tried to ask him to leave so he tried overturning the table in the restaurant and that was the end of their friendship.

The second time he was in The Bailey Arms in Hurst Green and he was leathered and he tried to order another drink and the barman said i'm sorry but you've had too much to which Sutton reply "Do you know who i am? I'm Mr Blackburn Rovers" and the barman said i don't care who you are you're not having another drink and Sutton on his way out was Effin and Jeffin.

A true grade A in my eyes.

If we're on about Chris Sutton then yes there were a couple of occasions where i would say "What a to**er".

Once i Browns Bistro where he was good friends with the owner Dave Brown and he was having a meal with his wife and he was well cooked and he was sick on his table and Browney tried to ask him to leave so he tried overturning the table in the restaurant and that was the end of their friendship.

The second time he was in The Bailey Arms in Hurst Green and he was leathered and he tried to order another drink and the barman said i'm sorry but you've had too much to which Sutton reply "Do you know who i am? I'm Mr Blackburn Rovers" and the barman said i don't care who you are you're not having another drink and Sutton on his way out was Effin and Jeffin.

A true grade A in my eyes.

I don't know about CS personal habits but i'm not going to judge. Made a few mistakes myself in the past so.

Anyway more importantly ... what happened to Browns? Was a bloody great place but then just shutdown! Not from Clitheroe so outta the loop, operating anywhere else?

Guest Rovers4Good

I don't know about CS personal habits but i'm not going to judge. Made a few mistakes myself in the past so.

Anyway more importantly ... what happened to Browns? Was a bloody great place but then just shutdown! Not from Clitheroe so outta the loop, operating anywhere else?

Dave Brown sold up and it ended up going to the dogs. :(

The question that i would love to ask Sutton is: "Did Shearer really knock the back out of your missus?" ;)

Flicking through his new autobiography today and to be fair he's very complimentary to Rovers, the club, town and fans. Says Blackburn is real hotbed of football with good fans and great support in numbers considering the area. Not often we get compliments.

Flicking through his new autobiography today and to be fair he's very complimentary to Rovers, the club, town and fans. Says Blackburn is real hotbed of football with good fans and great support in numbers considering the area. Not often we get compliments.

Apart from his brief spells at Norwich and Chelsea I've seen pretty much the whole of Sutton's career at close quarters, having moved from Darwen to Glasgow at around the time he went to Celtic. Marvellous, versatile and brave player on the park but the less said about some of his off field behaviour the better. He is an extremely handy cricketer incidentally who could have played at county championship level.

If I were asking him a question, it would be "What was your heaviest ever defeat as a professional footballer?".............

Apart from his brief spells at Norwich and Chelsea I've seen pretty much the whole of Sutton's career at close quarters, having moved from Darwen to Glasgow at around the time he went to Celtic. Marvellous, versatile and brave player on the park but the less said about some of his off field behaviour the better. He is an extremely handy cricketer incidentally who could have played at county championship level.

If I were asking him a question, it would be "What was your heaviest ever defeat as a professional footballer?".............

Yep he was a bit of a tit when it came to the old sauce lol but the same can be said of many rovers players down the years, non more so than one who's opened his trap in the paper today. As for Sutton i thought he always did the bizz on the pitch for us but he did pull a stroke at the end to get his big move but i'll always think of him as a top drawer player on the pitch.

I remember when Sutton left he said that "if we stayed up, I would stay, but I need to be playing in the Premier league..." (or something to that extent, couldn't really make it out through the slurring).

Can't understand the hatred from some, sounds like a drunken lad type who hangs upside-down from trees and says the funniest things when he's had a few.

I think these Q&A evenings are fascinating.

And let's not forget they're held to raise money for the Former Players Association.

I know the current crop of players earn fortunes but there are some from yesterday that need help from time to time.

I remember when Sutton left he said that "if we stayed up, I would stay, but I need to be playing in the Premier league..." (or something to that extent, couldn't really make it out through the slurring).

Can't understand the hatred from some, sounds like a drunken lad type who hangs upside-down from trees and says the funniest things when he's had a few.

No - he's a more sinister bloke than that actually. Arrogant and nasty - Billy Big Boots type behaviour.

However, generally you cannot fault his on-field performances and I would agree with the poster who said his contribution to us winning the title was vital. He is an absolute legend at Celtic, and Larsson credits many of his goals to the workrate of Sutton.

i met him at a Accy supporters club do during Roy Hodgson's reign the year he'd fallen out with Hoddle re England he was very honestvery polite signed shirts posed for photo's,he'd had a cracking season joint top goalscorer in England and even though he was still only mid 20's seemed very mature about the whole situation , but the biggest thing i remember about him was his size.... he was huge ! he came across as tall and gangly on telly but close up in person he was like a door!!

Archived