BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

You have somehow managed to get in the strange position of arguing with both SUPPORTERS and Tremblers.!!!

Forgot being part of the Pune made you a bigger fan you tosser.

I love Rovers but being in Cardiff I couldn't go tonight, but I couldn't blame locals who didn't have 20 quid spare.

You think you're awesome because you're in the Pune 9, standard. What's a trembler? You prick.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't get it do you? Are you suddenly pro kean on the assumption Venkys won't sack him? I take no enjoyment while that c##t is in charge.

I really want to agree with your general sentiments about rather Rovers have lost tonight to drive another nail into Kean's coffin; however you are so provocative and extreme that it's hard to agree with you without looking like a troll on these forums.

The real worry is that the fans and board take the result tonight as a vote of confidence for the manager. I'd have much preferred a humiliating thumping to ensure his sacking rather than scraping a win to buy him more time. His record in the Premier League is only better than Iain Dowie and Paul Ince...

Spot on mate

MGP also did alot of work tonight & it was probably Petrovic's best game so far too.

The desire by our players to win that game was obvious. They give it everything, and Pedersen & Lowe where both grabbing their badges at the end....which was great to see.

Say what you want about Kean, but the players are still trying EVERYTHING possible for him....

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than have Rovers get to the final and this game be a springboard for the team to bounce into mid table obscurity. Because at the end of the day nothing matters more to me than my team winning. if we keep losing in the Premier league he should go. If we get a run of results he should stay. There are a number of new players getting into their stride and hopefully things can click soon. We beat an unbeaten team tonight and we should celebrate that fact.

Abbey has good intentions and is a big fan no doubt, but some of his posts border on 6 year old.

Why not read and get what people are saying? Anyone but Abbey and people would be flamed for his posts.

Wish we could win and STILL get Kean sacked. However, a defeat (as horrific as it is) could be best long term.

Just doesn't get it does he? Yet he still flames loyal fans.

He wanted Big Sam out so he can't say a lot really. :unsure:

Didn't watch this game, but I have noted that we have improved since the Man City game. I thought the first half against Man City was the first time we defended as a single unit effectively (whereas previously we were an absolute shambles) and was pleased to note that Hoilett was by far the best player on the pitch, despite the superstar-filled squad of Manchester City.

Since then we got a draw at QPR away, despite a poor performance and in truth had an encouraging defeat against Spurs. This win against Newcastle, while flimsy, is still a win (and against a good side). Like TimmyJimmy posted after the Spurs game, if I was to judge Kean on the last couple of games I would not be so keen on having him sacked. However, his overall record is still not good enough and his comments about the fans and general actions has lead me to develop a very deep hatred for the man and nothing would please me more than seeing him sacked. I'm an honest person though, and can't pretend we haven't improved because we have. I see encouraging signs for the team, but I'm still not sure about Kean. In fact, he has barely achieved any results still, despite the improvements.

I will say 2 things though, which I feel are important:

1.) I am no longer of the opinion that I want Kean sacked and anyone else brought in to manage the squad. It doesn't seem sensible, especially if we're talking about Championship managers and below. Seeing McClaren and Eriksson fail dismally at their clubs recently has me concerned about potential candidates for the job. We need someone DRASTICALLY BETTER than Kean, not someone slightly better... as that won't change much, especially as far as relegation goes.

2.) Even if Kean starts picking up more points than he is and performances continue in this way, he has very much created an irrepairable situation amongst the fans, demonstrated perfectly by Ewood Spark's posts. I don't know what the exact numbers against Kean are, I know it's not as low as 1% and I know it's probably not as high as 90%, but even if it's a 50-50 breakdown that is still disastrous and a terrible situation for the club.

I hold my hand up in saying that I have been callous and unfair towards my fellow Rovers fans in the past (during the Allardyce period) and regret doing so now, but realise this is what happens when a manager has the fanbase very much split in two. I believe this has gone on since Paul Ince and has continued still.

I think it is therefore absolutely vital for the future of this club that Venky's install a good, honest manager that can rally and unite the fans around him once again. Kean is not the man to do that.

Sod off rover & out ypy left before the second half so dont know you can minus my observation since you didnt see the full game!

Im knackered! It was like a marathon but you sir gave up half way through!

Why is he still here?

I don't mind fans of other clubs on here, or even those pretending to be Rovers fans. Someone who minuses all posts praising Jack Walker, however, is taking p!ss.

My names fourlane blue I hate intelligence and kean and venkys and I take the internet very seriously - minusing them posts clearly had my desired effect on fans like you that mob this board and have had an agenda against the takeover from day one. And are hell bent on splitting the fan base with your own selfishness. Yet you claim you want the best for the club for fans to unite (as long as they agree with you)

Im too fond of kean, but if we start picking up points im fine with it. I enjoyed tonight Rovers winning always comes first!

My names fourlane blue I hate and kean & venkys and I take the internet very seriously - minusing them posts clearly had my desired effect on fans like you that mob this board and have had an agenda against the takeover from day one. And are hell bent on splitting the fan base with your own selfishness. Yet you claim you want the best for the club for fans to unite (as long as they agree with you)

Im too fond of kean, but if we start picking up points im fine with it. I enjoyed tonight Rovers winning always comes first!

So why minus pieces praising Jack Walker you bell piece?

Jog on; your disrespect towards Uncle Jack rumbled you.

Dingle scum

Haven't been on here for ages, I'm now reminded why. We win our next 2 games and we're firmly mid table playing much better football than under Sam and moving in the right direction. We lose our next 2 and we're adrift at the bottom and trying to get a new manager despite the fact we have owners that seem to know very little about football.

And yet I get the impression that most people would rather see the latter happen.

Haven't been on here for ages, I'm now reminded why. We win our next 2 games and we're firmly mid table playing much better football than under Sam and moving in the right direction. We lose our next 2 and we're adrift at the bottom and trying to get a new manager despite the fact we have owners that seem to know very little about football.

And yet I get the impression that most people would rather see the latter happen.

What do you see that suggests we'll win 2 on a bounce? We're yet to do that under Kean.

If only we kept Big Sam. Our football isn't even that good, I prefer winning football but each to their own :blink:

Sambo you clearly cant read!!

Yeah pressing a minus on an internet forum of certain turncoat supporters is definitatly the most disrespectful thing ever!! BURN HIM!

Only a dingle would boycott or protest instead of supporting their team!!

I enjoyed tonight rovers & rovers winning is more important to me than your sick agendas.. "lets burn the indian flag" - That is disrespect and what some of those on this forum think is a good idea!

Sambo you clearly cant read!!

Yeah pressing a minus on an internet forum of certain turncoat supporters is definitatly the most disrespectful thing ever!! BURN HIM!

Only would boycott or protest instead of supporting their team!!

I enjoyed tonight rovers & rovers winning is more important to me than your sick agendas.. "lets burn the indian flag" - That is disrespect and what some of those on this forum think is a good idea!

I can read and didn't click minus on his post, I just responded to it... what's your problem? I didn't get personal, I just opposed his post and welcome a response and respect his opinion...

And you minusing posts about Jack Walker just proves you're on a wind up... it doesn't hurt my feelings, it just proves a lot of people's points that you're not a Rovers fan.

And I didn't go tonight because I go to university in Cardiff. I didn't have the option to boycott; I went on Sunday and couldn't afford to come tonight.

And I NEVER said to burn the Indian flag you tool, that would gain absolutely nothing. That was mooted ages ago and everyone shot the guy down for it (as they should) so why bring it up? Idiot.

You have somehow managed to get in the strange position of arguing with both SUPPORTERS and Tremblers.!!!

You are a very little man.

Half the vitriol spewed at the Pune 9 is motivated by your posts. Exactly how do you think you are supporting them, or the club?

You don't get it do you? Are you suddenly pro kean on the assumption Venkys won't sack him? I take no enjoyment while that c##t is in charge.

Abbey is honest and straight forward in his viewpoints (though his spelling and punctuation leaves something to be desired, on occasion). He wants the Rovers to win, as do most. He wants Kean sacked, as do most, but doesn't think Venkys will ever do it so doesn't lose sleep over it. Nothing complicated or contradictory there.

I think it is therefore absolutely vital for the future of this club that Venky's install a good, honest manager that can rally and unite the fans around him once again. Kean is not the man to do that.

Agreed.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than have Rovers get to the final and this game be a springboard for the team to bounce into mid table obscurity. Because at the end of the day nothing matters more to me than my team winning. if we keep losing in the Premier league he should go. If we get a run of results he should stay. There are a number of new players getting into their stride and hopefully things can click soon. We beat an unbeaten team tonight and we should celebrate that fact.

:tu:

Yes I was winding people up that imo deserved it.

How does that prove im not a fan? I took work off tonight payed my money screamed shouted with enjoyment & despair like I do each and every time

If you went tonight and supported the team, well done. Nobody should question your loyalty for having a different opinion. I don't always agree with you posts but they make interesting reading!

This result will keep Kean in until March at least, whatever happens. So we're stuck with him.

Billy, I have decided to do my best to ignore him. I feel it's the best way to cope with the stream of deluded nonsense he continues to spout. For me he means nothing. He is a chancer at best, but he is probably here to stay.Blackburn Rovers will be here long after he has departed.

One love BRFC

If you went tonight and supported the team, well done. Nobody should question your loyalty for having a different opinion. I don't always agree with you posts but they make interesting reading!

Thats a big IF Roost!

From what I have seen of his previous posts he appears to be a venkys bum boy minusing any post that tells the cold hard truth about their ownership up to present, as for the minuses for uncle jack.....winding people up??? do me a favour!

Or maybe it is Kean himself!

Have you always been like this Ewood Spark? Or is it a Pune thing?

The 'tremblers' have been behind the team the whole way and feel that a change of manager would improve our horrendous points tally.

If you don't believe that Kean is the wrong man then that's your perogative and I hope you're right because let's face it, he ain't getting the sack anytime soon.

And as for tonight being for 'proper' fans, I looked around and saw the usual hardy bunch of Carling Cup fans, a Kean love fest? By the convos I heard, anything but.

I was sat right next to Kean for this match and at the end of half time two fans in front of me pointed out that with no presence up front we were inviting trouble. As this is being said a member of staff, short one in a red jacket don't know what he does, comes up to then and starts squaring up. There was a heated argument with the member of staff claiming we wanted the team to lose,we were crap fans, don't bother coming next week then he generalised and said all fans wanted Sam gone and you get what you ask for in terms of Kean. The argument ended with the guy saying ill love it when we win and an elderly fan saying should we take this outside. Couple of stewards come over and ask us to calm down but acknowleged he was out of order and the main culprit.

At full time when the players were coming off again he comes over giving it out, swearing and looking for a fight. He gets dragged away by a head steward but the argument continues with insults flying back and forth. When a comment is made that "If you stopped arguing and concentrated on the matches maybe we woulnd't be rock bottom" and tries to come up the stairs to have a fight with a teenager.

This sort of behaviour by officals at the club and the fact no other player or member of staff came to break it up sums up my feelings of dejection. Coupled with the drowning out of protestors with music on Sunday I am left facing the question "Where is the club I supported for all these years!!"

Report the Club officials to the police.

Well done on the result last night Rovers, I never want you to lose.

Stuff Steve Kean.

Hey guys, great win tonight, great team spirit when the majority of th team were rightly knackered. I can`t blame Kean for tryign to see the game out and protect a few for Saturdays game, was just undone by 2 brilliant Barcode goals at the depth, otehrwise Kean nearly had it spot on and a clean sheet.

That aside, he won the game against an unbeaten barcodes sign, and through to the quarter finals - loved the match and the rollercoaster ride as when it went to extra time, I could only see Newcastle winning.

I did see one thign that concenrened me more than anything, and that was Samba at the end of the match when he walked off, did anyone else see him ? He through his water battle down near Kean and didn`t look happy at all - he struggled to touch/shake hands with Kean, never looked at him and stormed past him down the tunnel - they didn`t look like they get along at all..........................

On the flip side of that, the body language of some fo the otehrs with kean was really good, and a sense of togetherness, i.e Lowe, Formica, Goodwillie, Olson, Givet were all really animated in a good way with Kean as they left the pitch which I found interesting.

Anyone else see this per chance ?

Not sure what all of the name calling is all about. Kean really has divided the fanbase - probably irreparably. Even if he goes on a 10 game winning streak, his attitude and deluded outlook has ensured he is hated on a personal level. It wasn't this bad under Ince!

I thought long and hard about not going last night but in the end it was my lad who reminded me: "Dad, we're good Rovers fans, we can't just stop going because we don't like Kean". Perhaps he doesn't understand the bigger picture, or maybe it's me. I go to Rovers matches to experience emotions I don't get from going anywhere else. I got my money's worth last night.

How much of the result was down to Kean, I'm not sure, his substitutions invited pressure we could have done without and we had no penalty takers.

I honestly think the players like him but a tactician he ain't. Maybe that will come with experience and maybe we'll benefit from that. On balance though I'd say relegation appears more likely. If Hughes, MON or equivalent was up for coming here, I'd drive them here myself. But they aren't, are they?

As for 'tremblers', I'd rather tremble with passion than sit statuesque and mute. I went through every emotion last night and probably made a fool of myself but I don't care. Last night, sat within gesticulating distance from the pompous, gobby Geordies, I didn't want anything else but a Rovers win.

:brfc:

Guest Rovers4Good

Taking away the pros and cons out of the match, WE WON!!! :)

I'm not a Kean fan and i don't support him in any way but you have to say that some of the players actually looked like they were giving their all for the cause, yes granted some aren't fit and good enough to lace the boots of some of our previous players but if they keep this fight up then i can see us climbing out of trouble but only time will tell.

Also, you could really see Newcastles goals coming when Kean made those Subs to close out the game and yes it was nervous stuff at times but what a great game after 85 mins :)

Oh and by the way Newcastles fans are awesome and wish them all the best as never seen fans as passionate (oh apart from those drunken scots from Glasgow)

Archived