BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Conspiracy Theory BRFC

If you were going to strip a club you couldn't make it more obvious if you tried than what venkys have done since they took over, so I don't buy that reason of not wanting to make it obvious.

You mean they look like they have been asset stripping and you want to still reserve judgement!

I am talking through a diving mask at the moment

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are missing my point. It is TOO obvious...they would be stupid if they were because it would be so easy to prove lol. Would you really sack a competent manager, push out key successful people, replace the manager with an inexperienced person, let the club be relegated etc etc or would you be sly about it over a few years? Like I said, maybe I am being stupid and naive but I think they just genuinely don't have a clue how to run a football club rather than being devious. Who knows though.

Oh and you aren't talking, you're typing.

You are missing my point. It is TOO obvious...they would be stupid if they were because it would be so easy to prove lol. Would you really sack a competent manager, push out key successful people, replace the manager with an inexperienced person etc etc or would you be sly about it over a few years? Like I said, maybe I am being stupid and naive but I think they just genuinely don't have a clue how to run a football club rather than being devious. Who knows though.

Oh and you aren't talking, you're typing.

Ok :D talking now

you genuinely belive they don't have a clue how to run a football club and you still want to reserve judgement!

Its not too obvious

Their biggest assets in value must have been

Jones = 25 million

Holliet =14 million

Samba = 13 million

All three are worth or very likely worth this amount in the near future.

Holliet will go for free and Jones went for 16.5.

So from a potential asset value of 39 million Venkys have got 16.5 plus a few add ons.

They are not very good asset strippers.

Ok :D talking now

you genuinely belive they don't have a clue how to run a football club and you still want to reserve judgement!

Basically, yes. They can learn, but, and it's a BIG but, they need to learn quick and make some big decisions. Like I said in the other thread I support some things they have done and don't support others, so I will reserve judgement. I hope they listened to the comments from those fans in India, especially it seems Tom M and act NOW for the short term problems and work towered addressing the underlying issues ASAP.

Another one to throw into the mix is the signing of a certain late developer, the only reason I can see is that Kean's mate needed to get somebody inside the club besides the bald one to turn the heads of the young Rovers talent that is coming through. Can you imagine this conversation at training with a future prospect and a Late Developer. " who's your agent" " Oh it's ....." " you should switch to my Dad, Im totally useless but he got me a contract because his mate's the Manager, and you can see how useless he is and he's still the manager, just sign this form"

I don't think there is a conspiracy at Ewood, just naivity and the aftermath of making decisions off the back of very bad advice from Kentaro and SEM. I don't blame them for getting rid of Big Sam and I personally don't like or trust the man and wouldn't put my hard earned money his way either. Regarding Phil Jones, he arranged his own exit from the club and Brett Emerton wanted to go back home - history shows we kicked up a fuss and tried to hold onto Jones and common sense tells you asset strippers don't free players from their contracts for good service. We have spent a considerable amount of money over the last 10 months (regardless if it outweighs our incomings or not - and with wages and signing on fees, stagered payments etc. we just don't know the exact amounts) so I don't see any way we can bring up asset stripping into the equation.

The only conspiracy that I can see that holds any water is; how come so many Rovers fans only really remember the 1992 - 1995 era from our recent history? There seems to be masses who suffer from selective history or acute memory loss. I say this because Paul Daglish & Paul Harford weren't worthy of wearing Rovers shirts either but had direct links to the management at the time, nobody cared about them plying their trade in the reserves back then or cried conspiracy. So many have also forgotten previous major mistakes made even by my hero Jack Walker(appointing Harford and Kidd, who were both coaches and "his" choices) and also paying silly money for the likes of Blake, Ward, Davies, Dailly etc. whilst missing out on Keane, Zidane and Dugarry amonst others through poor organisation or judgement making. Let's not forget that the tide quickly turned too after 1995 and we really struggled under Jack's ownership - even to the point of relegation after his 5th manager in 4 years! People also overlook the fact that although he spent big, he accrued bigger eg. £3.3m for Shearer - sold for £15 - 17m, Sutton £5m - sold £10m, Le Saux £500k - sold £6m, Berg £500k - sold £5m, Hendry £1.2m - sold £5m, Sherwood £700k - sold £3m. No doubt I have missed quite a few off and I purposely haven't touched on the fees received for Duff and Dunn after his death but my point is, we didn't suggest for a moment he was asset stripping. My arguement is clear and simple - owners make big mistakes and make really daft decisions and that is what is happening at times now.

The similarities are glaringly obvious but the difference is that we thought that we knew Jack (even though most of us didn't know him any better than these Indians) I can't help but feel that a lot of fans are xenophobic regarding the Rao's and some can't or won't ever understand why they could possibly be interested in our little club. We felt we knew Jack because he was local and we trusted him because he was a life-long fan, and although he was a rich man we saw Jack as one of us. We never implied he was an idiot like the way we talk about the Rao's (he was a "Steel magnate" opposed to a "Chicken farmer") and despite his massive errors of judgement, we always felt he had our best interests at heart. Truth be told though, it was an absolute rollercoaster ride which he and his family didn't end up too much out of pocket for (if at all, after the sale of the club). Strangely, amongst all of this, there may be an arguement for keeping Kean on in the hope that things will actually settle down - rather than go through the constant chopping and changing that resulted in our last relegation (wasn't it Daglish, Harford, Parkes - long-term waiting for Sven, Hodgson, Parkes, Kidd...all between 1995 and 1999!?!)

So anyway, next time you listen to young lads chanting "We want our Rovers back!" think long and hard about what "Our Rovers" actually is because to me this is just one of the countless lows that we always get that sandwich the very occasional highs.

They are proving too dumb even to asset strip effectively.

They are letting Hoilett, the club's biggest asset, walk out of the door through a balls up.

Erm...who only gave him a 2 year deal? Big Sam and John Williams, so absolutely nothing to do with the current owners.

I don't think there is a conspiracy at Ewood, just naivity and the aftermath of making decisions off the back of very bad advice from Kentaro and SEM. I don't blame them for getting rid of Big Sam and I personally don't like or trust the man and wouldn't put my hard earned money his way either. Regarding Phil Jones, he arranged his own exit from the club and Brett Emerton wanted to go back home - history shows we kicked up a fuss and tried to hold onto Jones and common sense tells you asset strippers don't free players from their contracts for good service. We have spent a considerable amount of money over the last 10 months (regardless if it outweighs our incomings or not - and with wages and signing on fees, stagered payments etc. we just don't know the exact amounts) so I don't see any way we can bring up asset stripping into the equation.

The only conspiracy that I can see that holds any water is; how come so many Rovers fans only really remember the 1992 - 1995 era from our recent history? There seems to be masses who suffer from selective history or acute memory loss. I say this because Paul Daglish & Paul Harford weren't worthy of wearing Rovers shirts either but had direct links to the management at the time, nobody cared about them plying their trade in the reserves back then or cried conspiracy. So many have also forgotten previous major mistakes made even by my hero Jack Walker(appointing Harford and Kidd, who were both coaches and "his" choices) and also paying silly money for the likes of Blake, Ward, Davies, Dailly etc. whilst missing out on Keane, Zidane and Dugarry amonst others through poor organisation or judgement making. Let's not forget that the tide quickly turned too after 1995 and we really struggled under Jack's ownership - even to the point of relegation after his 5th manager in 4 years! People also overlook the fact that although he spent big, he accrued bigger eg. £3.3m for Shearer - sold for £15 - 17m, Sutton £5m - sold £10m, Le Saux £500k - sold £6m, Berg £500k - sold £5m, Hendry £1.2m - sold £5m, Sherwood £700k - sold £3m. No doubt I have missed quite a few off and I purposely haven't touched on the fees received for Duff and Dunn after his death but my point is, we didn't suggest for a moment he was asset stripping. My arguement is clear and simple - owners make big mistakes and make really daft decisions and that is what is happening at times now.

The similarities are glaringly obvious but the difference is that we thought that we knew Jack (even though most of us didn't know him any better than these Indians) I can't help but feel that a lot of fans are xenophobic regarding the Rao's and some can't or won't ever understand why they could possibly be interested in our little club. We felt we knew Jack because he was local and we trusted him because he was a life-long fan, and although he was a rich man we saw Jack as one of us. We never implied he was an idiot like the way we talk about the Rao's (he was a "Steel magnate" opposed to a "Chicken farmer") and despite his massive errors of judgement, we always felt he had our best interests at heart. Truth be told though, it was an absolute rollercoaster ride which he and his family didn't end up too much out of pocket for (if at all, after the sale of the club). Strangely, amongst all of this, there may be an arguement for keeping Kean on in the hope that things will actually settle down - rather than go through the constant chopping and changing that resulted in our last relegation (wasn't it Daglish, Harford, Parkes - long-term waiting for Sven, Hodgson, Parkes, Kidd...all between 1995 and 1999!?!)

So anyway, next time you listen to young lads chanting "We want our Rovers back!" think long and hard about what "Our Rovers" actually is because to me this is just one of the countless lows that we always get that sandwich the very occasional highs.

Sorry but there's so much wrong with your post it's not even funny.

How dare you compare Jack to these idiots in charge. Are you a Burnley fan on the wind up?

There may be an argument for keeping Kean on? When he's clearly nowhere near good enough?

You kind of skated over the years that Jack Walker built Rovers up.

But you lost me on this ''Strangely, amongst all of this, there may be an arguement for keeping Kean on in the hope that things will actually settle down''

You are from Blackburn? ''I can't help but feel that a lot of fans are xenophobic''

Awful post Pedro, you've lost me, terribly long winded.

Reading his post was like sticking pins in my eyes.

Erm...who only gave him a 2 year deal? Big Sam and John Williams, so absolutely nothing to do with the current owners.

Nothing to do with the current owners? Are you serious?

They only gave him a 2 and a half year deal because at the time of signing he was in his first full season at the club and had only played a handful of games.

No club offers a player that young who has barely played for the club a five year deal.

When Rooney left Everton for Man United, Everton put a three year contract on the table.

It's the current owners (and their puppet Kean) who are entirely responsible for the Hoilett mess.

Sorry but there's so much wrong with your post it's not even funny.

How dare you compare Jack to these idiots in charge. Are you a Burnley fan on the wind up?

There may be an argument for keeping Kean on? When he's clearly nowhere near good enough?

Create an arguement then Tony Gale. If the only comeback is that pitiful response then you sum up the conspiracy theory entirely of selective memory.

Short and sweet, yes or no answers:

Did Rovers get relegated under Jack?

Was that relegation under the stewardship of a COACH who Jack championed?

Did Rovers sell all of their best players for a profit?

Did we (Jack) appoint some turd managers?

Can you see similarities in that owners with money don't actually make very good decisions.

Create an arguement then Tony Gale. If the only comeback is that pitiful response then you sum up the conspiracy theory entirely of selective memory.

Short and sweet, yes or no answers:

Did Rovers get relegated under Jack?

Was that relegation under the stewardship of a COACH who Jack championed?

Did Rovers sell all of their best players for a profit?

Did we (Jack) appoint some turd managers?

Can you see similarities in that owners with money don't actually make very good decisions.

Jack made PLENTY more excellent decisions than bad ones. He made some poor choices around 98/99 time which got us relegated, but then part of the reason we came back up was because of the youngsters blooded through from our academy which he invested millions into.

By your idiotic logic, lets compare Alex Ferguson and Steve Kean. After all, Ferguson made some bad signings, I'm sure has tactically made his fair share of errors in his time too. However let's ignore all the brilliant stuff he's done, because that's irrelevant!

Seriously man, go learn a bit about football and about Blackburn Rovers, as clearly you haven't a clue.

Jack made PLENTY more excellent decisions than bad ones. He made some poor choices around 98/99 time which got us relegated, but then part of the reason we came back up was because of the youngsters blooded through from our academy which he invested millions into.

By your idiotic logic, lets compare Alex Ferguson and Steve Kean. After all, Ferguson made some bad signings, I'm sure has tactically made his fair share of errors in his time too. However let's ignore all the brilliant stuff he's done, because that's irrelevant!

Seriously man, go learn a bit about football and about Blackburn Rovers, as clearly you haven't a clue.

Surely the point is that everyone is allowed to make mistakes as long as they try to correct them asap and learn from them so they don't make them again. It is the stupid repetition of the same mistakes over and over that make our owners and Kean look like fools.

Surely the point is that everyone is allowed to make mistakes as long as they try to correct them asap and learn from them so they don't make them again. It is the stupid repetition of the same mistakes over and over that make our owners and Kean look like fools.

This is also true, but comparing Jack and Venky's like Pedro did is seriously something that Burnley fans would say to wind us up.

I wouldn't expect it from someone who claims to be one of our own.

Hmmm silly me not knowing anything about football and Rovers and being foolish enough to speak the unspeakable and point out that the myth of the Jack Walker era wasn't entirely perfect. I bow down before you oh great one, please forgive me and allow me to cleanse my mind with turps or whatever it is you drink.

One problem Sire, before I back down and side with you, did I imagine us replacing Daglish with Harford even though Jack knew it was coming, did we improve our championship winning side other than super Matty Holmes, is it wrong to remember the "gentleman's agreement with Sven, did I not witness us drastically slide to the foot of the table under Hodgson until Parkes came back in to save the day. Please tell me we didn't actually buy those absolute gems like Bohinen, Fenton, McKinlay, Dahlin, Blake, Ward, Fettis etc. and if we did convince me they were more than a match for the players at Manchester United and Newcastle and we did in fact wow the world prior to those fateful days you speak of before that iffy year in 1999?

...and kindly explain my idiotic logic whilst you are at it.

Hmmm silly me not knowing anything about football and Rovers and being foolish enough to speak the unspeakable and point out that the myth of the Jack Walker era wasn't entirely perfect. I bow down before you oh great one, please forgive me and allow me to cleanse my mind with turps or whatever it is you drink.

One problem Sire, before I back down and side with you, did I imagine us replacing Daglish with Harford even though Jack knew it was coming, did we improve our championship winning side other than super Matty Holmes, is it wrong to remember the "gentleman's agreement with Sven, did I not witness us drastically slide to the foot of the table under Hodgson until Parkes came back in to save the day. Please tell me we didn't actually buy those absolute gems like Bohinen, Fenton, McKinlay, Dahlin, Blake, Ward, Fettis etc. and if we did convince me they were more than a match for the players at Manchester United and Newcastle and we did in fact wow the world prior to those fateful days you speak of before that iffy year in 1999?

...and kindly explain my idiotic logic whilst you are at it.

No one claims the era of Jack was entirely perfect. Everyone knows full well we got relegated. And that some of the managerial appointments were poor.

But taken as a whole, the era of Jack Walker was a thumping great success. Especially given that the foundations he put in place allowed us to prosper long after he passed away.

The era of Venky's so far has been an absolute disaster.

By the way you didn't watch us slide to the foot of the table under Hodgson before Parkes saved the day. That was Ray Harford you were thinking of.

Are you absolutely sure you're not a Dingle?

No one claims the era of Jack was entirely perfect. Everyone knows full well we got relegated. And that some of the managerial appointments were poor.

But taken as a whole, the era of Jack Walker was a thumping great success. Especially given that the foundations he put in place allowed us to prosper long after he passed away.

The era of Venky's so far has been an absolute disaster.

By the way you didn't watch us slide to the foot of the table under Hodgson before Parkes saved the day. That was Ray Harford you were thinking of.

Are you absolutely sure you're not a Dingle?

Attention dipshit:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Blackburn+sack+boss+Hodgson.-a060651472

I suggest you pick your arguements with someone who isn't a proper fan from now on.

Archived