BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not afraid and I don't think it's illegal. I just do not want prisoners especially to see me on tv. It's bad enough working with some of them as it is! Lol.

I do not want prisoners to see what my dad and partner look like and be able to recognise them. I have my reasons and if people can't understand that then it is a shame. There are numerous reasons why. I just thought I'd give my point of view why some fans might not attend even though they agree with the protest.

I always new lurking was the best option.

Don't be daft, mate. Just a bit frustrated at the lack of support for the protests yet people are more than happy to moan in smaller groups.

There's nothing wrong with protesting, providing it's done in the right way (i.e. safe and well organised like Glen has managed - twice). If people think there is something wrong with it or if people overstep the mark (e.g. the 'edge' comments) then others are more likely to stay away.

We need a mass uprising of ordinarily placid people to show the world that something isn't right. Women, children, OAPs. Anything else is just a minority or fringe group.

Everyone seems to have their own 'reasons' they can't/won't protest. Fair enough but in that case accet the situation and don't moan about.

Not all aimed at you, Pugg, I generalise of course.

Rant over! ;)

I'll still moan even if I don't protest :P. Some people will have genuine reasons, some will come up with an excuse, some might not believe in protests, some might actually believe Kean cam turn it round etc etc. I feel my reason is genuine otherwise I wouldn't have even answered the question.

Oh and mr Maureen, I just wondered if you were doing anything re protests etc, seen as you had a little dig at my reason for not protesting. Never mind, you just continue trying to be funny on the Internet.

Oh and thanks Glenn. That's handy :)

I dont get the 'not wanting to be on camera' nonsense, 1m people marched against the war in Iraq, its not illegal to protest, if the prisoners see you protesting they'd probably have more respect for you....

You're not alone though pugg.

I don't think it is nonsense. I NEVER want a prisoner to see a member of my family if I can help it. I dont think id get more respect, im more likely to get it used against me. I'm not going to reply on this again as I have my reasons and no one will change my opinion and people keep saying the same line 'it's not illegal' etc. I KNOW that. I've explained my reasons.

I don't think it is nonsense. I NEVER want a prisoner to see a member of my family if I can help it. I dont think id get more respect, im more likely to get it used against me. I'm not going to reply on this again as I have my reasons and no one will change my opinion and people keep saying the same line 'it's not illegal' etc. I KNOW that. I've explained my reasons.

Some dense folk on here Pugg, don't let it bother you.

It's quite obvious why you would not want convicts seeing you and your family members in a televised march, when you are an authority figure.

Oh well if thats your position then I'll certainly respect that, but if you don't want people to comment don't post it.

Oh well if thats your position then I'll certainly respect that, but if you don't want people to comment don't post it.

I knew I'd reply again. I don't mind people commenting, but at least read what I write instead of repeating the same line as others eg the illegal line when I have answered that. I also assumed people would at least see it from my point of view even if they disagreed. That is why I said I wouldn't reply again, because it seems we'd just go round in circles.

I'm not afraid and I don't think it's illegal. I just do not want prisoners especially to see me on tv. It's bad enough working with some of them as it is! Lol.

I do not want prisoners to see what my dad and partner look like and be able to recognise them. I have my reasons and if people can't understand that then it is a shame. There are numerous reasons why. I just thought I'd give my point of view why some fans might not attend even though they agree with the protest.

I always new lurking was the best option.

In the light of your job, I fully understand your position. I think you may find if it was a POA situation you would be ok. But other protests would be frowned upon. A prisoner could use you as an example that protest are ok. Etc etc

Archived