BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait for a televised game, get in touch with KFC and ask for 20,000 leaflets with KFC and a piccy of Col Saunders on, Kean and Venkys out on the reverse, Show them throughout the game, maximum publicity for KFC and the same for Kean out!!

One problem, guess who supplies KFC with their chicken in Asia?

Can one of the pune9 please come on and allay our fears.

If i'm told that mrs D is nice and cares deeply about our

club i'm sure i'd feel a lot better.

Never met her. Can't comment.

I am 100% aware that some the "supporters" who went weren't actually die hard Rovers fans and simply treated it as a holiday. At least one was definitely just the wife of a fan who has no interest in Rovers whatsoever... it was just a wasted opportunity or simply pointless PR exercise.

I don't know if you mean Julie or "mum", but both do the the vast majority, if not all, of away games (and I know Julie does a chunk of ressie games too). Most of the FF do quite a number of away games and pre seasons (that's where most of us heard about it from), a ST is a prerequisite of joining and I think we worked out I was one of the people with the fewest away European games with six. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. As for a wasted opportunity, we went out there with the main aim of putting our concerns to the owners, we manage that. Obviously we couldn't hang around to see if they were going to be addressed.

Obviously. They could have done it at EWOOD PARK or in a public meeting. But no. They gave a load of people holidays.

Want to make a statement? STOP GOING. STOP PAYING. STOP EVERYTHING. Bring the attendances down to 10k or less, and let's see what they think then. Simple.

I know you're only an infrequent visitor h6, but we've covered time and time again (on here, on vital, on the podcast, in the LET, on the Bee and with numerous people in person) this whole slow process of building a relationship and why this was all intended as a precursor to them regularly engaging with the fans at Ewood. Us meeting them on their own turf (and them having to seem to pass multiple encounters before actually getting a decent sit down, all subjects allowed, meeting with Balaji) was part of that process and now them doing something similar at Ewood in the future (which was high on the agenda of things we asked for) is much more likely because we did it their way.

.. and as I've pointed out elsewhere. This last week or two has done irreparable damage to both their reputation and the brand and Kean is STILL in a job. Given the revenue from "game attending" fans is a drop in the ocean in football finance terms, do you really think a boycott would make a difference?

Enjoy your £1000 fine for going on the pitch. Just dont go man. Allow watching Venkys United lose again.

Several season ticket holders have already posted on here that they're finished with Rovers. Surely a three year ban won't matter much to them? Planting the flag on the pitch would be a hell of a way to go as well. As for the £1000 fine, I'd happily Paypal a few quid to help paying the fine. (Slightly tongue in cheek, but it would be a fantastic statement.)

One problem, guess who supplies KFC with their chicken in Asia?

Never met her. Can't comment.

I don't know if you mean Julie or "mum", but both do the the vast majority, if not all, of away games (and I know Julie does a chunk of ressie games too). Most of the FF do quite a number of away games and pre seasons (that's where most of us heard about it from), a ST is a prerequisite of joining and I think we worked out I was one of the people with the fewest away European games with six. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. As for a wasted opportunity, we went out there with the main aim of putting our concerns to the owners, we manage that. Obviously we couldn't hang around to see if they were going to be addressed.

I know you're only an infrequent visitor h6, but we've covered time and time again (on here, on vital, on the podcast, in the LET, on the Bee and with numerous people in person) this whole slow process of building a relationship and why this was all intended as a precursor to them regularly engaging with the fans at Ewood. Us meeting them on their own turf (and them having to seem to pass multiple encounters before actually getting a decent sit down, all subjects allowed, meeting with Balaji) was part of that process and now them doing something similar at Ewood in the future (which was high on the agenda of things we asked for) is much more likely because we did it their way.

.. and as I've pointed out elsewhere. This last week or two has done irreparable damage to both their reputation and the brand and Kean is STILL in a job. Given the revenue from "game attending" fans is a drop in the ocean in football finance terms, do you really think a boycott would make a difference?

Good Views And Glenn did you get my PM, I sent on the forum cheers

I've got a stack of PM I daren't read. They are normally either people wanting me to do stuff, reminding me of stuff I promised to do and forgot about, or accusing me of being a collaborator ... so I tackle them when I'm in a good mood (Ask SAR, I put him off for months at a time, but I always reply eventually ;) ).

I've got a stack of PM I daren't read. They are normally either people wanting me to do stuff, reminding me of stuff I promised to do and forgot about, or accusing me of being a collaborator ... so I tackle them when I'm in a good mood (Ask SAR, I put him off for months at a time, but I always reply eventually ;) ).

OK mate I understand that,I shall wait for your respond thank you.

• Backroom

I am 100% aware that some the "supporters" who went weren't actually die hard Rovers fans and simply treated it as a holiday. At least one was definitely just the wife of a fan who has no interest in Rovers whatsoever... it was just a wasted opportunity or simply pointless PR exercise.

That's actually not true at all, there was only one female in the 'Pune 9' and she's as blue and white as they come.

We went there and did what we could and I will always maintain it was better to go and try than not bother, we put the issues direct to Balaji Rao, we can't do anymore than that. If that is pointless then so is protesting and anything else.

We went there and did what we could and I will always maintain it was better to go and try than not bother, we put the issues direct to Balaji Rao, we can't do anymore than that. If that is pointless then so is protesting and anything else.

Thanks

It's worked, feel much better now.

I'm glad that was high on the agenda. I've not read anywhere that it was brought up, so it's good to hear that that was brought up.

Renders the whole "12th man" campaign pointless.

Could we get enough people to go to the Norwich game and protest before the game outside the players entrance and more importantly after the game outside the players entrance? Doing it at another teams ground would also generate media coverage. We could spend the 90mins with anti-Kean/Venkys chants, the Norwich fans would get in on the Kean ones if they are winning.

I'm done with the club under Kean/Venkys but I still won't see them ruin OUR club. (Contradiction...maybe? I'm sure some of you will understand what I'm trying to say).

• Backroom

Thanks

It's worked, feel much better now.

If Kean signs a new contract then obviously anything we said fell on deaf ears though in my opinion. Balaji seemed to listen but we never met Mrs Desai and if its true that she is making the calls then maybe therein lies the problem. A problem with no obvious solution.

If Kean signs a new contract then obviously anything we said fell on deaf ears though in my opinion. Balaji seemed to listen but we never met Mrs Desai and if its true that she is making the calls then maybe therein lies the problem. A problem with no obvious solution.

So, does that make you muppets or puppets.?

So, does that make you muppets or puppets.?

Did you listen to the 2nd Pune Podcast???

John explained exactly what happened and he said they could have not expected it to go better.

He seemed to come across as a true Rovers fan and seemed to know what expect when they got there.

They went they put their point across clearly and politely and thus got a chance to speak to one of the owners where the same happened again.

It's not the Pune 9 fault that the owner they met has failed to act on the advice give to him.

Let's be honest, everyone from the Walkers right the way down to us the supporters have been conned.

It's time for us to ask the PL, FA Christ even UEFA we need help.

If they have done this to us, which club will be the next for a big Time Charlie spiv to grasp and bleed dry.

We need help, no one is listening. We have to turn to the people who run the game. How could they let this happen to one of the oldest, proudest clubs in the land?

Each of us has to question just how did we let it get this far.

Time to stop bickering amongst ourselves and save our club!

I have already sent an email a couple of weeks ago to the Premier League asking for them to investigate the goings on at Blackburn particulary Steve Kean, Venky's, and SEM/Kentaro/Anderson.

There response was

Response (Rachel Pallant) - 19/10/2011 01.03 PM

Dear James,

Clubs are required to prove that they are sustainable by submitting future financial information showing they can meet their liabilities ahead. There has been no rule breach at Blackburn Rovers, and unless proof is provided that there has been we would not conduct an investigation.

I appreciate that as a loyal supporter you are frustrated at the way your club is being run. We encourage dialogue between fans and clubs, but we cannot act outside of the rules. We suggest you contact the club directly to raise and discuss your concerns with them.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

I have already sent an email a couple of weeks ago to the Premier League asking for them to investigate the goings on at Blackburn particulary Steve Kean, Venky's, and SEM/Kentaro/Anderson.

There response was

Dear James,

Clubs are required to prove that they are sustainable by submitting future financial information showing they can meet their liabilities ahead. There has been no rule breach at Blackburn Rovers, and unless proof is provided that there has been we would not conduct an investigation.

I appreciate that as a loyal supporter you are frustrated at the way your club is being run. We encourage dialogue between fans and clubs, but we cannot act outside of the rules. We suggest you contact the club directly to raise and discuss your concerns with them.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

Not a bad reply at least its obvious they took the time to read it.

• Backroom

There response was

Dear James,

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

Interesting. I wonder how much "proof" Stevie Kean would be able to give them if he was sacked.

Lets put it into perspective, The FA and premier League are not going to kick up a storm over what they see as an insignificant club from Lancashire who don't fit their criteria (saleable assets) who they see as lucky to have survived in the Premier League for so long.

Bottom line is $$$$ , so they are hardly going to upset anybody or any company who has been / is involved in selling England TV rights , and can you imagine them Premier League turning round and saying our free champagne lunch and brief chat is a failure as a fit and proper test for Premier League owners? I think they will actual agree to third party ownerships of clubs before actually trying to do any digging to save a lot of very awkward questions.

I personally feel that there was a lot of glum faces at Perm HQ when Rovers beat Wolves and stayed up as relegation would have seen an end to their problem and pass it on to someone else.

Archived